Tom Huddlestone

Polaroid

Good footballing brain with sound temperament, keen eye for a forward pass, competent technique, strong shooter, dominant physical presence and strength in the tackle
Cut the dead-weight and improve his stamina, work on his positioning and aggression in attacking the ball, definitely a raw diamond with the potential and engine to be a box-to-box player
Could be the next Spurs player to join us in a few years time

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
Who's the tubbier bastard, him or Andy Reid?

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Tom Cuddlestone. He's a bit chunky.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We have so many young midfielders here at the club, I don't think we need to go that route

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
He was once the youngest player to enter the professional stage. Imagine having a 15 year old player in the championship! That's just insane. Though his physics was probably up there with the senior players already. I remember watching some of his Derby games. It was him and another ridiculously young player they had upfront, and Tom was playing in defence. He's got tons of experience already and I've liked him for some seasons though last season he looked totally out of shape. When he came on vs chelsea he looked a different player. He is taking runs, looks more light weight and alert. He will have to show that kind of improvement if he wants a regular spot in spurs this season, especially when he's got modric and Zokora (who is in great shape atm) ahead of him in the peaking order. All in all he looks a bit too big really, though he's got feet like a ballerina. It's like a big big upgrade of O'shea. Perhaps he could do better as a ball playing defender ala Rio...?

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
He was once the youngest player to enter the professional stage. Imagine having a 15 year old player in the championship! That's just insane. Though his physics was probably up there with the senior players already. I remember watching some of his Derby games. It was him and another ridiculously young player they had upfront, and Tom was playing in defence. He's got tons of experience already and I've liked him for some seasons though last season he looked totally out of shape. When he came on vs chelsea he looked a different player. He is taking runs, looks more light weight and alert. He will have to show that kind of improvement if he wants a regular spot in spurs this season, especially when he's got modric and Zokora (who is in great shape atm) ahead of him in the peaking order. All in all he looks a bit too big really, though he's got feet like a ballerina. It's like a big big upgrade of O'shea. Perhaps he could do better as a ball playing defender ala Rio...?
With his size and turning circle he'd be more a la Senderos. I think he's Spurs' best DM at the moment and should definitely be playing ahead of Zokora who is pure shite.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
With his size and turning circle he'd be more a la Senderos. I think he's Spurs' best DM at the moment and should definitely be playing ahead of Zokora who is pure shite.
Samabachan, you should have watched the chelsea spurs game. Zokora kept Deco in his pocket actually. I know he's had some terrible years in England, and that might start to turn now with the new manager and all. And I don't believe Huddlestone is a defensive midfielder at all. I have only watched him play the role of our Scholes, but the Scholes of today. Perhaps there is any Spurs fan here who could give us some input on the matter.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Samabachan, you should have watched the chelsea spurs game. Zokora kept Deco in his pocket actually. I know he's had some terrible years in England, and that might start to turn now with the new manager and all. And I don't believe Huddlestone is a defensive midfielder at all. I have only watched him play the role of our Scholes, but the Scholes of today. Perhaps there is any Spurs fan here who could give us some input on the matter.
Yes he can tackle and run around a lot but shouldn't a wannabe top 4 team be looking for someone who is actually capable of passing? Personally I'd much rather have O'Shea in midfield than Zokora. You're right though I didn't watch the Chelsea game so maybe he has improved.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Yes he can tackle and run around a lot but shouldn't a wannabe top 4 team be looking for someone who is actually capable of passing? Personally I'd much rather have O'Shea in midfield than Zokora. You're right though I didn't watch the Chelsea game so maybe he has improved.
He didn't show much more in the Chelsea game than he usually does, just ran around a lot as usual. He still gave away the ball too much for a midfielder.

Rubbish player.

SATA

Good passer, plays with his head up which is an important aspect of a footballer. Decent shot in him as well. I wouldn't pay more than 5m for him, put it this way.

RedRover

Good footballing brain with sound temperament, keen eye for a forward pass, competent technique, strong shooter, dominant physical presence and strength in the tackle
Cut the dead-weight and improve his stamina, work on his positioning and aggression in attacking the ball, definitely a raw diamond with the potential and engine to be a box-to-box player
He appears to have the attributes to make him a decent PL players but never seems to actually do anything when he plays for Spurs.

He looks chronically slow - that for me is just to big a hurdle to overcome for him to ever be a top four quality players.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I watched the game. Zokora was busy but didn't use the ball well.

Huddlestone was fairly shit. I've seen him play much better but he'll never make it at the highest level, so long as he changes direction slower than a Sumo wrestler on ice skates.

Neither of them are even close to United quality.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How about we just leave him to be this potential box-to-box midfielder at Tottenham, we don't need him.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
He has nothing essential that Anderson doesn't already have.

Alex

Decent player, nothing special, not good enough for United. Bale will be the next Spurs player we go for if he continues to improve, did you hear that Daniel Levy I guess it's time to start making the dossier

Polaroid

apparently I am the only one backing his potential to make it at the highest level :D

Given the right coaching and guidance, I am positive he will be a future regular on the international and champions league arena.

Ferguson

I can't believe the people that don't rate him on here.

He passes like Carrick, has the size of Viera, and scores goals. He may be young and learnin' but he'll be a star for England before too long.

Be careful about talking about him, though. Don't want to make Daniel Levy angry.

GloryHunter07

Cut the dead-weight and improve his stamina, work on his positioning and aggression in attacking the ball, definitely a raw diamond with the potential and engine to be a box-to-box playerCould be the next Spurs player to join us in a few years time
Thats rubbish, he is a fat lump with no aggression. Has a long way to go.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I can't believe the people that don't rate him on here.

He passes like Carrick, has the size of Viera, and scores goals. He may be young and learnin' but he'll be a star for England before too long.

Be careful about talking about him, though. Don't want to make Daniel Levy angry.
It's just he's not improved much since he left Derby. He always had a brilliant shot on him, could ping passes around the pitch at will and had that physical presence, he's still got a long way to go to become a 'star for England'.

x42bn6

His passing is much worse than Carrick's; Vieira, respectfully, is tougher than he will ever be (nowhere near Keane, though :devil:); and he's hardly prolific for a midfielder.

He's not that young any more. He used to star for Spurs but arguably Jenas's meteoric rise has overshadowed him.

He's simply a decent young defensive midfielder who's fairly flexible, but Jenas is going to be used as a defensive midfielder ahead of Huddlestone on a more consistent basis.

Ace

If Frank Lampard can make it on the big stage, I don't see why Huddlestone cant. Good player, but has a lot of improvement to be done. Lots of potential.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
IK thinks he's better than Carrick.
It's entirely possible that Instant Karma's mother was raped, disembowled, mutilated, cooked and then devoured by Michael Carrick.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
He didn't show much more in the Chelsea game than he usually does, just ran around a lot as usual. He still gave away the ball too much for a midfielder.

Rubbish player.
Agreed. He is a former center back. & not a great one either. He has succeeded in fooling many into believing he was good in midfield though.. I used to be one of his victims.