Toni Kroos | Madridista

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishLegend

I swear after every fecking world cup, Madrid pick up the best players.

With our new shirt deal + sponsorship we could easily have competed on wages and transfer fee. All this crap about rather having Ander because 'he wants to play' for us is such bullshit. We were willing to offer him the best contract which is why he wanted to play for us, if we did the same for Kroos he'd want to play for us too.

People 99% of the time don't join clubs because they have a burning desire to play for them. They do it for one simple reason, the same reason anyone here would leave their jobs. A boatload of money.

ravi2

Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern practically possess world class talent in every position, but we don't have to worry about them this season. Chelsea and City are the immediate issue, they both enjoy superior squads to ours, van Gaal has a lot of work to do.
Looking at both City and Chelsea's sides and when contrasted with ours, we seriously have ground to make up.
Vidal better be coming with a CM and winger in tow.

ravi2

With our new shirt deal + sponsorship we could easily have competed on wages and transfer fee. All this crap about rather having Ander because 'he wants to play' for us is such bullshit. We were willing to offer him the best contract which is why he wanted to play for us, if we did the same for Kroos he'd want to play for us too.

People 99% of the time don't join clubs because they have a burning desire to play for them. They do it for one simple reason, the same reason anyone here would leave their jobs. A boatload of money.
I wish we'd offer Di Maria some of the boatload then.

Cina

We were never able to compete with Real for players and it wasn't really due to fees/wages. We are especially unable to compete this season with no CL football.

Ruht

It's a very strange transfer summer for us. We already have our superstar signing, it's just a bit boring because he came on a free and we knew about it for more than a year now :lol:. I'm not sure if we spend a lot this summer. Our wage bill probably exploded with all the contract extensions and with Kroos and Mandzukic we lost two players on relatively low wages while we signed a new top earner in Lewandowski now. But I like the team a lot and would actually a bit annoyed if we signed a new midfielder instead of giving Hojbjerg playing time. It's the same at centerback, signing a new one would make it almost impossible for Badstuber to play often enough.
But..my inner muppet, what about him??

In all seriousness I do agree. I want Hojbjerg to get more playing time this season as I have high hopes for him, so I'd be annoyed if we got another midfielder. I'd much rather see someone from the academy make it, then splash the cash on a high-profile player. I think the team has a good balance now and signings aren't really needed.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
But..my inner muppet, what about him??

In all seriousness I do agree. I want Hojbjerg to get more playing time this season as I have high hopes for him, so I'd be annoyed if we got another midfielder. I'd much rather see someone from the academy make it, then splash the cash on a high-profile player. I think the team has a good balance now and signings aren't really needed.
From an outsider's perspective I agree too. Think Kroos is obviously a blow but with Alaba potentially filling in if needed, and it being unlikely that you'll suffer an injury crisis in midfield as bad as last season I think you're well covered.

Squad is fine as it is I reckon. Maybe a centre back could be brought in but that's only because I'm not as big a fan of Dante as most seem to be.

Cina

I feel you're seriously underrating the effect of having those fabulous pink away kits.
hey, hey, don't get me wrong. I look fecking spectacular in pink and that'd be my first priority.

Cina

I used to always collect horrible looking footie jerseys so I might actually get it.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
AT last, the time of the axis of boredom in midfield - Schweini - Lahm - Kroos - is over and we will see the dawn of a new midfield that actually plays a through ball every once in a while.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Despite their MF riches, Bayern would come to regret this transfer
The question is if we ever had a chance to keep him longterm. Back in march, when all the Kroos to United rumours were on:
I said it earlier, I start to worry when Barca and Real start to show interest :nervous:. That's a completely different story than United offering more money.
Well, there you go. You win some, you lose some :(. Let's hope Thiago finally stays fit for more than just a few months, then we should fine.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
The question is if we ever had a chance to keep him longterm. Back in march, when all the Kroos to United rumours were on:

Well, there you go. You win some, you lose some :(. Let's hope Thiago finally stays fit for more than just a few months, then we should fine.
Just a prediction.

Blackwidow

Despite their MF riches, Bayern would come to regret this transfer
Why? Because he is a top player?

He is not better than the others we have - and the others offer more identification with the club and more team work.

And the most of the Bayern fans will tell you that Schweinsteiger + Kroos just does not fit in the most matches. And Schweinsteiger is just the real package on and off the pitch. He is part of the club philosophy, fan love, in the middle of the dressing room, a leader, a fighter etc. - Kroos is better in passing...

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
Why? Because he is a top player?

He is not better than the others we have - and the others offer more identification with the club and more team work.

And the most of the Bayern fans will tell you that Schweinsteiger + Kroos just does not fit in the most matches. And Schweinsteiger is just the real package on and off the pitch. He is part of the club philosophy, fan love, in the middle of the dressing room, a leader, a fighter etc. - Kroos is better in passing...
So who's going to play in midfield now?

Hopefully not Alaba...

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
So who's going to play in midfield now?

Hopefully not Alaba...
Maybe him, but maybe also... I don't know... Martinez, Thiago, Schweinsteiger, Götze or Müller? Even Höjbjerg?

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
Maybe him, but maybe also... I don't know... Martinez, Thiago, Schweinsteiger, Götze or Müller? Even Höjbjerg?
I mean in central midfield. So Götze and Müller are ruled out.
Höjbjerg will probably get some Bundesliga minutes but nothing more.
Schweinsteiger has to stay fit this year, same goes for Thiago. Very likely that both will miss a couple of months though.
Don't know if Martinez will be used as a midfielder again, he should definitely play there more.

Alaba and Lahm should be fullbacks again, that is their best position and they were certainly a key for the successful 12/13 season.

Deleted member 78215

AT last, the time of the axis of boredom in midfield - Schweini - Lahm - Kroos - is over and we will see the dawn of a new midfield that actually plays a through ball every once in a while.
I don't know if you're being serious or not, but every time Lahm played as that anchoring midfielder Bayern's play was beyond tedious. Considering how attractive Bayern's play was under Heynckes, it was a really disappointing move by Pep.

finneh

Don't be so dramatic. According to most sources Kroos was a viable option for us, but LVG decided to explore other options. If we really wanted him we could have tied the deal up before the World Cup in all fairness (instead of or as well as Herrera) - it was obvious he wanted to leave, it was obvious Bayern would have to sell due to his contract and it was obvious he was motivated by money than anything else (which is fair enough).

It seems that LVG believed he wouldn't fit into the system he wants to play as much as Herrera and that he wouldn't be a viable partner to Herrera. I happen to agree with him in that respect and if we pull of a signing like Vidal I think all will be praising his judgment come May.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I don't know if you're being serious or not, but every time Lahm played as that anchoring midfielder Bayern's play was beyond tedious. Considering how attractive Bayern's play was under Heynckes, it was a really disappointing move by Pep.
I'm being dead serious. I've been saying that this 3-man-midfield is pretty useless ever since Guardiola started using it extensively.

pseudo_canadian

Still strange to me that Bayern didn't want to pay the money for Kroos, he is one of the best midfielders in the world and better yet he's German.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Still strange to me that Bayern didn't want to pay the money for Kroos, he is one of the best midfielders in the world and better yet he's German.
It's obvious to me now that Kroos' agent had been whoring him out to Barcelona, Manchester Untied and Real Madrid in search for a nice fat contract. He'd been consistently linked with these three clubs for a year now, and you can bet we were all prepared to offer massive wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.