Top 3 salaries City vs Real compared

Red Star One

this is a second thread in a while that I think is a bait and OP only wants us to reassure him City are cooking the books. yes, they are, there's an investigation going and they'll be punished. nothing funny in pointing out the ridiculous low official wages of City players

Andersonson

Ok. Do you genuinely believe that that are cooking the sponsorship deals but aren’t coming any other financial areas?

If you think that’s true, I’m sorry but you’re being exceedingly naive.

Yes city are cooking their salaries. No, I don’t have any sources but it’s happening! Nobody loves the ‘project’ THAT much!
So zero evidence, but they are for sure cooking the books!

And of course somebody can enjoy playing for them. State of the art facilities and one of the best managers every to coach them. And of top of that very very good wages. Why would they choose Liverpool over that? Or Chelsea?

We aint competing with them for their players, maybe besides one or two. If sources are to believed, we won Maguire and thats about it

Also, they are under investigation by football authorities, not the authorities. If they had cooked the books regarding salaries etc it would be tax fraud. A different ball game and illegal. Financial fair play might not even be legal in itself according to CAS?

Last edited:

Yakuza_devils

I don't trust a club financial statement when a every year they are making almost as much as Man Utd with much smaller fan base. City's sponsors mostly does not exist because it's basically all made up from Abu Dhabi.

K Stand Knut

So zero evidence, but they are for sure cooking the books!

And of course somebody can enjoy playing for them. State of the art facilities and one of the best managers every to coach them. And of top of that very very good wages. Why would they choose Liverpool over that? Or Chelsea?

We aint competing with them for their players, maybe besides one or two. If sources are to believed, we won Maguire and thats about it

Also, they are under investigation by football authorities, not the authorities. If they had cooked the books regarding salaries etc it would be tax fraud. A different ball game and illegal. Financial fair play might not even be legal in itself according to CAS?
Like I said, you believe what you want and I’ll do likewise.

They were proven to have paid Mancini an extra salary and I’m more than happy to believe that they are doing the same thing with the players they have at the club.

They are under investigation for financial irregularities, however that might be manifested. It is hardly inconceivable that they might try and do other things with finances that gives them an advantage.

I am not sure what tax fraud has to do with anything. They may well pay the players additionally through the legitimate processes and the players may well pay tax accordingly BUT I will continue to believe that the players have an additional income for ‘playing’ for city.

padzilla

Hipster
The Athletic said City were the Lance Armstrong of football, that's as good an analogy as I've heard yet.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Absence of evidence doesn't mean anything. We're in court, we can choose to believe what we want. City were found of several financial irregularities, to be suspicious about them and their "official" wages is the least a person with common sense can do.
The naivety to think that there could be nothing shady is worrying considering the corrupt we're living in

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I get that it's nice to answer everything with 'City cooks the books'. But why would any City player make more than Benzema? The guy who just won Balon Do'r and have been integral in the team winning 5 Champions League.

Grealish is on what, 350k a week? How much do people believe he is on? 700k? 1M? Why would he make more than 350k?
I imagine the City info is wrong. It doesn't make sense for their highest earners to be two guys who only recently joined the team, especially Jack Graelish who wouldn't have come in with a lot of leverage.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Exactly, its hilarious reading some comments here, Haaland being on 22M a year while winning f all is massive, he's earning 2 mil less then a proven CL winner and Ballon Dor winner, very few times can accord to pay him that, yet people here thing City are going around offering players extra money.

Grealish too 18m a year for a guy who was part of a mid table team, most teams wouldn't want to pay him 350K, yet alone 500K, yet people believe City are just handing 100K out like candy :lol:
If only City had history with all this, oh wait :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So City have been proven to pay their ex managers extra 'consultancy' fees to the tunes of millions of pounds,

But people believe this isn't the case with their playing staff??

Right you are :lol:
Some "Neutrals" just want to play dumb with "omg where is the evidence" bs.

Football leaks proved they paid Mancini and also when the journalists were reporting Aguero wages around 200K, the football leaks proved he was paid around 350k and it was long back when 300K barrier was barely touched. Same with Sane too, his contract was insane compared to what was reported and still we have people "I don't believe City did that". I'm sure these are the same people who think City's sponsorship deals are legit.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
City's wage bill will always look smaller than it actually is, similarly payments to agents and clubs when they buy players. The 'additional payments' are part of why they are being investigated right?
so let me get this right, you're actually saying that when City buy a player they're in cahoots with the clubs they're buying players from to say the amount they're buying the player for is less than reported?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I imagine the City info is wrong. It doesn't make sense for their highest earners to be two guys who only recently joined the team, especially Jack Graelish who wouldn't have come in with a lot of leverage.
Nah, given what they paid for him in transfer fee alone it makes sense the wages would be commensurate. That's usually the case

Andersonson

Like I said, you believe what you want and I’ll do likewise.

They were proven to have paid Mancini an extra salary and I’m more than happy to believe that they are doing the same thing with the players they have at the club.

They are under investigation for financial irregularities, however that might be manifested. It is hardly inconceivable that they might try and do other things with finances that gives them an advantage.

I am not sure what tax fraud has to do with anything. They may well pay the players additionally through the legitimate processes and the players may well pay tax accordingly BUT I will continue to believe that the players have an additional income for ‘playing’ for city.
That doesnt really make sense though. If the players are paid more and they do pay taxes accordingly the media would know because what players pay in tax is easily available.

Believe what you want, some are more prone to believe in conspiracy than others, and that's what this is.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
That doesnt really make sense though. If the players are paid more and they do pay taxes accordingly the media would know because what players pay in tax is easily available.

Believe what you want, some are more prone to believe in conspiracy than others, and that's what this is.
Did the media know that Mancini was paid £1m in consultancy fees?
Did anyone other than City's owners and Mancini for that matter?
Mancini also claimed he paid his taxes on this figure.
Note that he didn't deny being paid this amount.

Haaland is well known to be on more than £375k a week, most of his wages above this figure will come from bonuses, it's easy also to supplement wages with tangible assets, like supplying a family member with a stake in a football club for example.
Or a £25m payment to someone's father for example etc etc etc ad infinitum

arthurka

Yes City are so interesting as a project that they can pay their players much lower wages than Real can. Apparently they have to overpay players to want to come over there to the sun vs rainy Manchester.

K Stand Knut

Ok. Something easily available, you say??

Tell me what Kevin de Britney and Bruno Fernandes paid in tax for the last financial year, please.

I know what you’re saying and I appreciate this is possibly a conspiracy theory but there is reason for it. And justifiable reasons

I’ll await your figures of tax paid

Pintu

so let me get this right, you're actually saying that when City buy a player they're in cahoots with the clubs they're buying players from to say the amount they're buying the player for is less than reported?
Yes they are... Juventus have been found guilty of falsifying some transfer fees, including the Danilo-Cancelo swap with City. So yes, City and Juventus were in cahoots doing something shady according to the Italian sports justice. And Juventus will get ducked some points for this. City probably won't get bothered. (This is only one small example of Abu Dhabi's numerous shady dealings)

mshnsh

City are absolutely doping financially. No way those City figures are real.

Anyone knows Pep's salary at City vs other top managers?

fergieisold

Source is Sporza a Belgian Sports website, currency in Euro, yearly salary.
I did not expect the wages of Real to be that much higher than City. It also stated Courtois is on 15 million a year. How much is De Gea?

1. Eden Hazard31,25 miljoen euro
2. Toni Kroos24,4 miljoen euro
3. Karim Benzema24 miljoen euro

1. Kevin De Bruyne23,4 miljoen euro
2. Erling Haaland22,4 miljoen euro
3. Jack Grealish18 miljoen euro
The City figures aren't real. City find ways to bung their staff money to avoid FFP stuff.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Yes they are... Juventus have been found guilty of falsifying some transfer fees, including the Danilo-Cancelo swap with City. So yes, City and Juventus were in cahoots doing something shady according to the Italian sports justice. And Juventus will get ducked some points for this. City probably won't get bothered. (This is only one small example of Abu Dhabi's numerous shady dealings)
that was for inflating the value of players, that's the absolute opposite of what the post I was referring to where the insinuation was we were purchasing players for far less than market value

Pintu

that was for inflating the value of players, that's the absolute opposite of what the post I was referring to where the insinuation was we were purchasing players for far less than market value
Good so we agree that they aren’t saints… Danilo “sold“ for 40M means City makes an artificial profit that doesn’t exist, this helps City present profits on its FFP books… it is exactly the spirit of what the poster was saying.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
City's bonuses must include a private mansion in Cayman Island.

The Athletic said City were the Lance Armstrong of football, that's as good an analogy as I've heard yet.
At least in Armstrong's case everybody else was doped up to the eyeballs too.

mshnsh

I get that it's nice to answer everything with 'City cooks the books'. But why would any City player make more than Benzema? The guy who just won Balon Do'r and have been integral in the team winning 5 Champions League.

Grealish is on what, 350k a week? How much do people believe he is on? 700k? 1M? Why would he make more than 350k?
Because City are wealthier than anyone else and do not have anywhere near Real Madrid's appeal ot history. For them to attract and keep players and managers from the likes of Real, they'd have to pay bigger salaries which is what they are doing. They are circumventing ffp by cooking figures on their books. I'm very very sure.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Good so we agree that they aren’t saints… Danilo “sold“ for 40M means City makes an artificial profit that doesn’t exist, this helps City present profits on its FFP books… it is exactly the spirit of what the poster was saying.
he wasn't sold for £40m, we purchased him for 30m yoyo and sold him for 37m yoyo that sounds about right for that player, I don't know how that's inflating anything certainly don't think any eyebrows were raised at the time, be interesting to see what happens with the other clubs like Napoli Atalanta but if you honestly believe we underinflated player payments then fair enough, everyone normally laughs at what we pay for players, £100m for Grealish, £60m for Rodri, £50m for Stones etc etc so if we were then every club we've done deals with would be under investigation.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Because City are wealthier than anyone else and do not have anywhere near Real Madrid's appeal ot history. For them to attract and keep players and managers from the likes of Real, they'd have to pay bigger salaries which is what they are doing. They are circumventing ffp by cooking figures on their books. I'm very very sure.

throw some proof out then, teams can only have 25 players in a squad, which players over the last 10 years would have got in Real or Barcelona's first team, which players have we taken from Real or Barca which has weakened them, if we're that rich surely we could just go and do what PSG did to Barca.

Kammy26

Surely under the table payments.

Anyone wonder why City never lose or lost their big stars in their primes to Barca/Real? Aguero, David Silva, KDB, Rodri etc the list goes on.

We lost Ronaldo, should have lost De Gea and people are already talking about Garnacho going to Madrid. Liverpool lost Coutinho and Suarez. Arsenal lost Cesc, Chelsea Hazard, Spurs bale and Modric etc.

Madrid and Barca have consistently picked the best foreign talent from all EPL teams, except City. It’s got to be under the table brown envelope payments, huge amounts too.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
We lost Ronaldo, should have lost De Gea and people are already talking about Garnacho going to Madrid. Liverpool lost Coutinho and Suarez. Arsenal lost Cesc, Chelsea Hazard, Spurs bale and Modric etc.
Manchester City are better than all those clubs were at the time of the transfers, except United during the Ronaldo transfer.

When Liverpool lost Coutinho and Suarez, they hadn't won a league title in a million years and weren't regularly qualifying to the CL. Any top player was going to leave them, no question.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I did not expect the wages of Real to be that much higher than City. It also stated Courtois is on 15 million a year. How much is De Gea?

I'd double those City figures tbh.

Cezine

Supports
Real Madrid

My friend, sorry to tell you but that numbers are FALSE, and you should check your sources. The best paid player on RM is Hazard indeed, and he wins 15.6 million euros a year! They let CR7 go in 2018 cause they didn't wanted to pay him more than 20M, and that same summer they sign Hazard for 30M a year? Come on please!

There are a lot of reliable sources where you can check RM salaries. Here's one the real salaries of Real Madrid, if anybody wants to check them. It's not even near.

https://www.fichajes.com/equipo/real-madrid-cf/sueldos

wangyu

My friend, sorry to tell you but that numbers are FALSE, and you should check your sources. The best paid player on RM is Hazard indeed, and he wins 15.6 million euros a year! They let CR7 go in 2018 cause they didn't wanted to pay him more than 20M, and that same summer they sign Hazard for 30M a year? Come on please!

There are a lot of reliable sources where you can check RM salaries. Here's one the real salaries of Real Madrid, if anybody wants to check them. It's not even near.

I don’t know any of these things, I posted this to get a discussion going. As for the source, it is a website funded by our national government, it just goes to show how the media can never be trusted but I already knew that.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Those are net figures

mshnsh

throw some proof out then, teams can only have 25 players in a squad, which players over the last 10 years would have got in Real or Barcelona's first team, which players have we taken from Real or Barca which has weakened them, if we're that rich surely we could just go and do what PSG did to Barca.
You know when something is too good to be true (in this case from City's point of view), there is almost always something fishy.

I used to say it about Lance Armstrong. The guy won all those tour de Frances after cancer recovery yet did not win even one prior. In addition, everyone else was caught doping, yet somehow he beat them. It was so obvious then and it is so obvious now.

You think any upcoming footballer would pick you over a big English/European club of you offered similar wages? You must be delusional.

CoopersDream

So what you're saying is that if City didn't cook their books, all their players would belong to Real Madrid now? There's literally no reason to believe City would have to pay their players more than Real in order to get them. That would be true 15 years ago, before they started to win. Now they are comfortably one of the best five teams in the world with the best manager in the world. There's basically no place a player could go that would give them a better environment to win things - they don't need to attract players with higher salary at this point.

mshnsh

So what you're saying is that if City didn't cook their books, all their players would belong to Real Madrid now? There's literally no reason to believe City would have to pay their players more than Real in order to get them. That would be true 15 years ago, before they started to win. Now they are comfortably one of the best five teams in the world with the best manager in the world. There's basically no place a player could go that would give them a better environment to win things - they don't need to attract players with higher salary at this point.
City had the highest revenue despite being nowhere near as big a brand as United/Liverpool/Real/Barca etc due to Abu Dhabi owned sponsors (non existent and newly created).

City also buy players for less than their market value through undeclared payments to players and agents. Haaland us a prime example. When United or Liverpool signed relatively unknowns for £86M and £80M, City signed an overhyped player for £51M.

City also have a lower wage bill than United/Liverpool/PSG/Real/Barca despite having the strongest squad of all these teams.

Guardiola stayed 4 seasons at Barca, 3 at Bayern. Once his contract was over, he moved. City somehow managed to make him sign an extension twice. Given the history with Mancini, I strongly suspect some big undeclared payments to keep him there.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I don't believe a single word that gets touted about City and any financials, like player wages or transfer fees. What we see is not the whole truth.
It’s like pretending they are a football club involved in competition. They are a nation state thinly disguised in a project to render competition and regulation impossible. The sooner these frauds are kicked out of these competitions the more faith I can place in the future of the game.

CoopersDream

City also buy players for less than their market value through undeclared payments to players and agents. Haaland us a prime example. When United or Liverpool signed relatively unknowns for £86M and £80M, City signed an overhyped player for £51M.

City also have a lower wage bill than United/Liverpool/PSG/Real/Barca despite having the strongest squad of all these teams.
They don't buy players for under their market value. They bought Haaland through the clause in his contract. I'm sure Haaland made sure there was a reasonable buy out clause so that he could leave when it was time. Otherwise he would likely still be at Dortmund because no one would actually want to pay the actual market value. City usually pay above market value for their players, because they can.

About the wage bill, that goes back to being able to be able to win stuff. United can't get players because of the promise of titles anymore, they can however get players buy paying them handsomely. Anyway, City has a higher wage bill than Liverpool by quite a margin. It's quite common knowledge that United pay their players way too much. For example, why do you think Alexis Sanchez chose United over City? It sure wasn't that he thought he'd win more at Old Trafford.

I'm also not surprised Real has higher wage bill. For all the quality City have, I'd still say Real has bigger names.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
City's reported salaries are as believable as Armstrong's negative doping tests.

Everyone with any common sense and critical thinking knows they're fake but no one can prove it and in this case, no one wants to.