Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

Winning today was actually extremely important. If we lose to Leicester it would've given us a buffer over Chelsea if they get 1 or 2 points out of Liverpool/Wolves, which is far from outside the realm of possibility. Fecked ourselves

marktan

A win or a draw today vs West Ham makes no difference to us, either way we'd still need to avoid defeat against Leicester (albeit a win I think would make Leicester need a 2 goal victory instead of one).

We've done remarkably well to claw back a huge point defecit against them, and indeed go into the game a point up. Even a month or so ago we were like 6-7 points behind them and people thought it'd be tough.

Leicester are missing players and are in poor form. Of course they're still a top team and could win, but we're in a good position. I think we need to sit back and hit them on the counter - they struggle against tighter defences.

Goku23

I'm as critical of a fan as anyone, but it was clear the legs were gone. I feel the players gave their all and really fought. Just that their bodies were at breaking point. You can tell with Rashford and Pogba especially.

I don't know how we will get over the finishing line playing like this at leiceister. They will be well rested and up for it, despite injuries.

Hopefully we get the early goal first from a counter attack, as the onus is on them to come forwards.
Thats the worst thing about Sunday Leicester will be refreshed were knackered its going to be horrible in Sunday

zenith

Today's result makes very little difference to what is needed on Sunday.

Come on guys, you cannot mess this up from here on in

DevilRed

Thats the worst thing about Sunday Leicester will be refreshed were knackered its going to be horrible in Sunday
Yes! leiceister have a week to prepare for us.

We are limping to the finish line right now. I don't know. Someone OGS will need to get his players to play like they did 2 weeks ago. With energy and purpose.

laughtersassassin

Well if we choke on Sunday we don't deserve it.
It's in our hands and we only need a draw against an injury ridden Leicester.

No fecking excuses. Building for next season without CL will be near impossible to get in who we want.

Come on lads, Yous can do it. 1 game we got to step up for, that's it.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I really can't see Leicester beating you on the weekend. They're playing Morgan in defence ffs :lol:

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
3 points today would've put Chelsea in a situation of having to win against either Liverpool/Wolves. I think Pool will beat them tonight, which would've made Wolves an absolute bastard of a match for them on last day. Couldn't ask for a worse team to be playing on last day of the season having to get all 3 points.

With todays' cowardly setup. Now, we have released the pressure on them and made it must for ourselves to not lose on Sunday. Even a Wolves draw would be meaningless for us if we get beat.

It does. If Chelsea only get one more point from two matches, we will qualify even if we lose against Leicester.
Precisely, instead of looking at between us and Leicester. It was possible for Chelsea to miss out altogether.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It does. If Chelsea only get one more point from two matches, we will qualify even if we lose against Leicester.
And in that scenario it would have been a situation that's completely out of our hands

It's been clear for ages that it was between us or Leicester, there was very little chance of it being both

cyberman

Chelssa overran in midfield. Itll get worse as fatigue sets in.
All the while Wolves feet are up

always_hoping

I really can't see Leicester beating you on the weekend. They're playing Morgan in defence ffs :lol:
Have you watched United in action lately? Flatter than a pancake. I do wonder where will the energy suddenly come from against a Leicester side that have a full weeks rest?

Crashoutcassius

If that's the case we're sunk. We're mentally one if the weakest United teams I've seen, if not the weakest. Where was the response today after the equaliser to get the job done?
where as the last seven years we have always found a great performance when going a goal down. relax

Smithy89

Chelssa overran in midfield. Itll get worse as fatigue sets in.
All the while Wolves feet are up
Wolves don't really have much to play for sadly, think no matter what happens tonight Chelsea will beat Wolves.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
What am I missing? In that scenario Chelsea would be on 64, Leicester on 65, and you're on 63.

peridigm

Correct me if I'm wrong but if we lose to Leicester and Chelsea get 1 point from today or Sunday, we're out and Chelsea and Leicester are through.

E-mal

Chelsea just need a draw in this game to confirm a spot in the UCL

Godfather

Get in touch with Southampton and find out who their Coke dealer is, that'll give us the energy boost needed for a final 90.
Hasenhüttl is just a proper manager. The players talked a lot about how fecking hard training under him is as he lets them run no end.

AneRu

Have you watched United in action lately? Flatter than a pancake. I do wonder where will the energy suddenly come from against a Leicester side that have a full weeks rest?
True especially in midfield and attack. I think we need to drop Bruno for this one and bring in one of Fred or McTominay, at least make it difficult for them to play through us and hit them on the break. Hopefully Shaw is back but then even he is liable to come back and stink the place up but William's is an assured disaster.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So any draw from their last 2 games (likely against Wolves) sees them through.

We looked brutal today, but I think the Leicester game suits us. We are good at counter attacking, and struggle when we have to attack a deep defence like today. Leicester needs a win, our defence is good enough to hope we can grind out a draw and we'll have pace on the counter. Just hope Ole goes for the work horses like McTominay, Fred and James to give us some freshness in the starting 11 and hope we can kill the game enough and then get openings on the counter.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So both Chelsea and United need a point on the final day (because Chelsea ain't getting any today)

el3mel

With Liverpool winning it's all but confirmed for us.

It'll need a huge, huge feck up, like no other feck up we have ever done before, to bottle this and not finish top 4.

cyberman

Low energy from Chelsea here, almost as if 3 days rest is a huge disadvantage