Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

Judas

Open to offers
It's far from all confirmed when we're as knackered and poor as we currently look. Sunday has all the ingredients for a typical end of season shit show from us.

abailey123

Wolves won’t be no pushovers at the Bridge on Sunday. Spurs are right on their shoulders and they need a win more than likely to secure Europe for next season.

Thiagoal

With Liverpool winning it's all but confirmed for us.

I'll need a huge, huge feck up, like no other feck up we have ever done, to bottle this and not finish top 4.
You mean we lose to Leicester and Chelsea draw v Wolves?

Thiagoal

Jeez this Chelsea team is just as average as us! Today’s draw might cost us if Chelsea only draw against Wolves

Bojan11

It'll need a huge, huge feck up, like no other feck up we have ever done before, to bottle this and not finish top 4.
How?

Chelsea still have it in their own hands? They win vs Wolves and it’s done for them.

RoyH1

Liverpool is on another level when they’re firing up. They’re making Chelsea look like amateurs.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
How?

Chelsea still have it in their own hands? They win vs Wolves and it’s done for them.
ye, i dont know how people are failing to realise we draw, we qualify. We win, we qualify. Obviously lose and we dont

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We should have 3rd sewn up by now. If we miss out, we've only got ourselves to blame.

Siorac

I really can't see Leicester beating you on the weekend. They're playing Morgan in defence ffs :lol:
Doesn't really matter who's playing in defence if we can't keep the ball and our midfield can't stop them.

I really don't see how we get a point. Unless Leicester miss every single chance somehow...

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Doesn't really matter who's playing in defence if we can't keep the ball and our midfield can't stop them.

I really don't see how we get a point. Unless Leicester miss every single chance somehow...
Because Leicester have been even worse than us.

I can actually see Wolves and Leicester both winning come the weekend. The extra 3 days rest after non-stop games is getting to both us and Chelsea. Look how poor they've been today after a top performance at the weekend.

laughtersassassin

So assuming this stays the way it is final day scenarios for us are as follows:

If Chelsea Lose we get CL.

If we win we get CL.

If we draw we get CL.

If we Lose and Chelsea draw we don't get CL.

Surely we can make one of the top 3 scenarios

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If we only won bloody game. Wolves are playing for EL so thatvwould not be easy match. But now Chelsea need only one point from that game.
But Wolves need 3....so who knows

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Obviously the performance tonight was the worry. The result wasn’t bad at all. We are firm favourites for top 4 now. Chelsea beating wolves isn’t a forgone conclusion

AJ Bullet

Thread name needs changing to Top 4 Crawl, the teams fighting for it are bang average, just hope we are the least inept on the final day. Dont expect with our fragile state of mind, some VAR assisted dodgy pens would be handy against Leicester, dont care we need all the help we can get to carry our carcass over the line.

Bojan11

A tired Utd with slipping form and only 3 rest days vs a Leicester in poor form, but with a full week rest and playing at home. Can go either way.
Leicester improved in the second half against Spurs. They’d be up for it regardless if Morgan starts. If our midfielders can’t pass it won’t matter who is in defence for Leicester.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

It'll need a huge, huge feck up, like no other feck up we have ever done before, to bottle this and not finish top 4.
Doesn't change anything for us. Chelsea were always going to lose this one. If we lose vs Leicester, we're likely out. Chelsea need 1 point to guarantee CL for themselves. We need 1 point to guarantee it for us... Not too confident after today. But then again that game probably suits us more. Just need Ole to make the right selections and freshen it up.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Probably been asked, but will Wolves need to play to win vs Chelsea too? In the sense of securing Europa.

BlueHaze

Yes losing to Leicester in such form they're having will be a top, top bottling job, almost Arsenal level of bottling.
As if not being able to beat Moyes West Ham at home was not a "top, top bottling job" Not winning today is ten times worse than losing to the foxes.

sport2793

Just goes to show that fatigue affects all teams. Definitely if Chelsea had 48 hours rest and United had 4 days rest, then United would have won on Sunday.

Probably been asked, but will Wolves need to play to win vs Chelsea too? In the sense of securing Europa.
Yep

Dansk

What do you mean? All it takes is for us to lose away at Leicester and for Chelsea not to lose at home to Wolves. I'd easily give that 50/50 odds.

Djemba-Djemba

Leicester improved in the second half against Spurs. They’d be up for it regardless if Morgan starts. If our midfielders can’t pass it won’t matter who is in defence for Leicester.
Only because its against a Mourinho side and the 2nd half Spurs were content to just sit back.

I know we've not looked great the last few games but lets not act like Leicester are in great shape. They're in a horrible run of form and they've been crippled by injuries.

PoTMS

Why are people so confident of not losing to Leicester? We just drew to fecking West Ham!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Only because its against a Mourinho side and the 2nd half Spurs were content to just sit back.

I know we've not looked great the last few games but lets not act like Leicester are in great shape. They're in a horrible run of form and they've been crippled by injuries.
Indeed

We might be knackard but Leicester let in 4 against Bournemouth for crying out loud :lol:

Bojan11

And we been content to do nothing in our last few games.

GeorgieBoy

They still aren't guaranteed 6th as Spurs are just behind them. 6th would get EL. 7th not guaranteed EL as of just now, if Arsenal beat Chelsea in FA Cup final then 7th means nothing.
Wolves will be bang up for it.

TheReligion

Abusive
So any draw from their last 2 games (likely against Wolves) sees them through.

We looked brutal today, but I think the Leicester game suits us. We are good at counter attacking, and struggle when we have to attack a deep defence like today. Leicester needs a win, our defence is good enough to hope we can grind out a draw and we'll have pace on the counter. Just hope Ole goes for the work horses like McTominay, Fred and James to give us some freshness in the starting 11 and hope we can kill the game enough and then get openings on the counter.
Matic needs to be dropped.

I'd go with Fred and Mctominay deeper with one of Bruno or Pogba in the creative role. That gives us someone to bring on later too.

If stick with Martial Greenwood and Rashford up top.

el3mel

What do you mean? All it takes is for us to lose away at Leicester and for Chelsea not to lose at home to Wolves. I'd easily give that 50/50 odds.
This is the feck up job for me. If we can't get a draw or win against them in their current form who has been going from bad to worse then we have bottled it.

el3mel

Doesn't change anything for us. Chelsea were always going to lose this one. If we lose vs Leicester, we're likely out. Chelsea need 1 point to guarantee CL for themselves. We need 1 point to guarantee it for us... Not too confident after today. But then again that game probably suits us more. Just need Ole to make the right selections and freshen it up.
I'm very confident of at least getting draw there. Can't believe we'll go there and lose at the moment. Will be a big shock for me.

izec

Leicester are fresh, it will be a long afternoon. But our games against Saints and West Ham are coming back to haunt us, as usual. We should have won at least one of them, alas no

Lee565

We will be facing a Leicester side missing about 4 influential first team players, it would be criminal if we lose to them and ole would 100% deserve to be sacked for screwing it up over the last 2 easily winnable games