Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

Dante

Average bang
We have three ways to get into the Champions League on Sunday:

1. Lose at Leicester, but Wolves beat Chelsea (we get fourth place)
2. Draw at Leicester (we get at least fourth place)
3. Win at Leicester (we get third place)

The only way we don't qualify is if we lose and Chelsea draw/win.

Djemba-Djemba

Agreed. It's totally illogical. They'll be the home team, way fresher and way more up for it I'd imagine. I admire anyones confidence.
Why would they be much more up for it?

Leicester are playing like complete shit themselves. We've not looked good the last week or so but let's not act like they've been anything but awful since restart.

Judas

Open to offers
I am feeling ultra negative to be fair and tomorrow I'll be more level headed, but I can't say I have any faith in us not making a massive mess. I don't think teams have to do much to get something from us when we look so dead on our feet.

I might even think about playing bloody Fred and Mctominay, we're in that much need of fresh legs.

El Zoido

We will be facing a Leicester side missing about 4 influential first team players, it would be criminal if we lose to them and ole would 100% deserve to be sacked for screwing it up over the last 2 easily winnable games
You don’t sack a manager because of two games, christ. What about the insane run he took us on to even get us in contention and leave us sitting third going in to the final game of the season. This place boggles the mind at times. My god.

jamesjimmybyrondean

If Leceister are smart they would press us like their life depended on it. Our Team is drained now and can't handle the pressure and if you add in high press, we will fall

Saddy

1. Liverpool: 25, 45, 73
2. Manchester City: 25, 36, 51
3. Leicester City: 25, 28, 49
4. Chelsea: 25, 9, 41
5. Spurs: 25, 8, 37
6. Sheffield United: 25, 3, 36
7. Manchester United: 25, 7, 35

To put some perspective into next week the above was where we were in January after being beaten by Burnley 0-2 at home and a poor draw against Wolves !

I think I'm settling for this chance and I still fancy Chelsea getting beaten by Wolves.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm very confident of at least getting draw there. Can't believe we'll go there and lose at the moment. Will be a big shock for me.
I mean... not beating West Ham at Old Trafford when they have nothing to play for is pretty much equally a shock! Not like they even played that well or worked crazy hard.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
We need a draw last game. Even if we had won today we would still need a draw against Leicester to be certain.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Chelsea losing today won’t really change that much. If the beat Wolves on Sunday they are through.

DickDastardly

We have three ways to get into the Champions League on Sunday:

1. Lose at Leicester, but Wolves beat Chelsea (we get fourth place)
2. Draw at Leicester (we get at least fourth place)
3. Win at Leicester (we get third place)

The only way we don't qualify is if we lose and Chelsea draw/win.
No. 1 is how it's gonna play out.

Thriller to the end.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

To put some perspective into next week the above was where we were in January after being beaten by Burnley 0-2 at home and a poor draw against Wolves !

I think I'm settling for this chance and I still fancy Chelsea getting beaten by Wolves.
Glad we’re still getting posters like you signing up, far too much shite on this forum these days.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger

No one can deny we've done fantastically well to get right in the fight come the final day. The problem is that we've had two chances at home to seal this and not followed it through, Sunday is a true Mexican standoff.

kirk buttercup

In Fairness both West ham and Southampton are probably in better form than Leicester. They have been pretty poor and we look Knackered , so it looks like its poor form v Total Fatigue

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Wolves have got to attack that Chelsea defence
If Wolves Beat Chelsea and we draw with Leicester, Chelsea drop to 6th and Wolves get 5th!

Chelsea have a very tough game on their hands as it’s Wolves most important game in a generation:

Thiagoal

I’d have happily taken a draw v Leicester to secure CL when we were outclassed by Burnley at OT. We’ve done great to get into this position and am sure we’ll be at it on Sunday. Our best performances have come against the higher up teams that give us space

Saddy

Glad we’re still getting posters like you signing up, far too much shite on this forum these days.
Thanks - I'm as pissed off as anybody but we must recognise a great turnaround and the opportunity next Sunday - one I thought we'd never had in January.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Chelsea’s mentality & big club ambition is so much bigger than ours. They will win a few titles before we get one. Their owners puts in, our owner takes out.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thanks - I'm as pissed off as anybody but we must recognise a great turnaround and the opportunity next Sunday - one I thought we'd never had in January.
If we’re taking any silver lining from tonight it’s that we’ve somehow ended up third :wenger:

JG3001

You don’t sack a manager because of two games, christ. What about the insane run he took us on to even get us in contention and leave us sitting third going in to the final game of the season. This place boggles the mind at times. My god.
Playing devils advocate, but by that logic you could have said he deserved to be sacked for that piss poor run after the PSG game.

Consistency is key, no good playing 19 games of great football if the other 19 are utter garbage.

Think his time in charge is reflected in the fan base, a lot of people can’t quite make their mind up about Ole.

PoTMS

Chelsea’s mentality & big club ambition is so much bigger than ours. They will win a few titles before we get one. Their owners puts in, our owner takes out.
Absolutely. You look at the business they've done and it's hard to see how they don't finish ahead of us next season.

JoaquinJoaquin

Absolutely. You look at the business they've done and it's hard to see how they don't finish ahead of us next season.
Agree. I don't particularly rate Lampard as a manager, but when you have that much quality top 4 will be a given. Pulisic looks a great signing.