Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

Shiva87

The confidence of the opening compared to the realisation of the mistake haha!

I think if we have a chance of top 4 it’s going to come very late. I honestly think even if we go on a lovely streak it’s going to be so tight.

Leicester are struggling, Chelsea are moving well, we’re fully fit and Wolves have been hounded at the door more recently.

Could be the closest top 4 battle in recent history.
Yeah! Was thinking of editing the whole post but then thought better of it ;)

Jaxa

We need a win and 3 points tonight and nothing else, a point to spurs wasn't a disaster although the extra 2 point would have helped, Chelsea have a few big fixtures ahead and they did not look that good at Villa, win tonight and i think we will make top 4, lose tonight and it will be grim because morale will be out the window

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Think tomorrow will be pretty easy tbh. Sheffield without fans will struggle a lot IMO. But we'll see. I get the constant cautiousness, but fixtures really do make a difference, especially once they pile up like the next month will, and all 3 of the remaining contenders would kill to have our fixtures over theirs.
Fair play, I stand corrected. Wolves need to piss off. Them beating us to Champions League football is almost as bad as the rats winning the league for me :(

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Today is basically exactly what I expected and why I'm so confident that we'll pull back the point gap to both Chelsea and Leicester. The fixture list doesn't get harder for us, we just need to show the same level of control and just be even more clinical, as we could've won by more today. Stay fit and we'll be right there.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
United should catch one of Leicester or Chelsea.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fair play, I stand corrected. Wolves need to piss off. Them beating us to Champions League football is almost as bad as the rats winning the league for me :(
Think we have a similar fixture list but theirs is a bit tougher (play Arsenal and Everton). But yeah they'll also be right there IMO. Just think they'll miss out in the end.

Raw

Another one of the tougher games out the way. We got a good run of easier fixtures now, let's not feck it up. Not at all confident about Brighton away though :nervous:

rotherham_red

I really hope so, Aguero is definitely out, if pep is going to leave De Bruyne and couple of others out we have a real chance at home to steal something. I have this down as a free hit anyway so to get something would be a bonus

Utd playing Leicester on the last day could be huge for us as one or both is dropping points
The likes of Sterling and KDB were rested against Burnley. No way are they not playing tomorrow. Even if it's a second string or hybrid XI, that squad is that ridiculously deep that it wouldn't matter who was rested.

mu4c_20le

I didnt realise Leicester had 55 points i thought they had more.
They've been terrible for awhile now. I said early in the season that we should be looking to catch them and not just Chelsea, and some thought i was crazy.

They've been terrible for awhile now. I said early in the season that we should be looking to catch them and not just Chelsea, and some thought i was crazy.
Yeah i thought they were on 60 something points, they're definaltey within reach now.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
@duffer

Chelsea keeping that fourth spot warm and cozy for us is a sweet gesture, but we're ready to have it back now.

Thanks again.

AneRu

We need to win the next two to really apply some pressure. With all of our big guns back it would be disappointing if we didn't make a strong push for it.

Riz

Wolves are flying under the radar a little. Anyone concerned about them?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Only disadvantage with that is they'll get brought on fresh late in the game which won't be good if we're clinging on. If he does rest his big guns we need to take full advantage and kill the game before said big guns enter the fray like we did vs Liverpool in the cup.
They also have one eye on the FA Cup against Newcastle so who knows that may work in your favor

Teja

I think we'll cruise to top four. Our remaining fixtures are pretty kind:

BHA, BOU, AVL, SOU, Palace, WHU, LC

I'm predicting 5 wins and 2 draws there.

Chelsea and Leicester have much tougher run ins. Let's just keep Pogba and Bruno fit!

Riz

I think we'll cruise to top four. Our remaining fixtures are pretty kind:

NOR, BHA, BOU, AVL, SOU, Palace, WHU, LC

I'm predicting 6 wins and 2 draws there.

Chelsea and Leicester have much tougher run ins. Let's just keep Pogba and Bruno fit!
Norwich is the FA Cup

cyberman

We play a lot of teams on the beach or being run ragged every 3 days on our run in.
This schedule is a disgrace and im saying that as a Utd fan who will benefit the most.
How are they meant to compete like this?

Irwin99

Getting top 4 is very realistic now with the fixtures left and even third is achievable. I have to say I feel a bit sorry for Sheffield United as although we absolutely dominated them they look shattered beyond belief. Not taking anything away from us as we were fantastic but I think their season ended with the break. They just looked knackered (compare and contrast to the match earlier in the season between us)

Spurs would have to go on a hell of a run to get back in there, but I think it's between United, Leicester, Wolves and Chelsea for those 3rd and 4th places. Odds on United and Wolves? :D

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Getting top 4 is very realistic now with the fixtures left and even third is achievable. I have to say I feel a bit sorry for Sheffield United as although we absolutely dominated them they look shattered beyond belief. Not taking anything away from us as we were fantastic but I think their season ended with the break. They just looked knackered (compare and contrast to the match earlier in the season between us)

Spurs would have to go on a hell of a run to get back in there, but I think it's between United, Leicester, Wolves and Chelsea for those 3rd and 4th places. Odds on United and Wolves? :D
Sheffield have nothing to be ashamed of, they've had a fantastic season already with Wilder. Hope they nail a Europa League place at least

Leicester look wobbly.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I watched their game because I couldn’t get United’s where I live, and they looked sluggish against a poor Bournemouth team. I don’t think they have the squad to keep going.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Our remaining fixtures is going to be a breeze through. The situation is so against the teams we are facing next. No fans to fire them up. No squad depth to help their tired legs and not enough quality players when compared to ours. Top 4 is there for the taking

Raw

Our remaining fixtures is going to be a breeze through. The situation is so against the teams we are facing next. No fans to fire them up. No squad depth to help their tired legs and not enough quality players when compared to ours. Top 4 is there for the taking
I wouldn't say breeze but it's definitely the most favourable. Brighton away, Palace away and Leicester away are going to be tough. If we can get 2/3 wins out of those then that'll be good. The other games are games we really should be winning easily.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I wouldn't say breeze but it's definitely the most favourable. Brighton away, Palace away and Leicester away are going to be tough. If we can get 2/3 wins out of those then that'll be good. The other games are games we really should be winning easily.
IT'S A BREEZE :D

RedDevilRoshi

Definitely not ruling them out. They are pretty much in the same position as us. Got a good, winnable run-in to get into the top 4 and also have the EL as a backup.

The last day of the season certainly looks a mouthwatering prospect with us away to Leicester and Chelsea vs Wolves.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Keep Bruno, Pogba, Martial and Rashford fit enough to play 70mins together and well score.

Then Fred, McTominay, James, Ighalo can work their nuts off to keep us winning.

Rinse and repeat.

bondsname

We are going to see at least one of our "stars" get injured I'm sure. Then all of the sudden we will struggle. We have an incredibly exciting attack now but it's paper thin, if one gets injured we lose so much.

The final 7 games wont be easy at all, it's possible to get top 4 but it will be really difficult.

gajender

We play a lot of teams on the beach or being run ragged every 3 days on our run in.
This schedule is a disgrace and im saying that as a Utd fan who will benefit the most.
How are they meant to compete like this
?
Add to that 5 substitutions, its just too much advantage for big clubs and honestly why substitutions rule was changed when they have already added water breaks as well.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
How are they meant to compete like this?
Well these are extraordinary circumstances. No one predicted a pandemic to befall upon us.