Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
We’re gonna bottle top 4. Can’t see us beating Leicester going off our recent performances, we’ve went to shit right when it really matters. Whether it’s fatigue or a mental issue I don’t know but will be very surprised if we turn up on Sunday.
We dont have to beat Leicester. A draw is just fine to secure top 4.

DevilRed

Comes down to the last match of the season. We just never do it the easy way :lol:

What a massive match for us. I wonder if the lads will be able to get through it.

A point is all we need, but with leicester being very well rested, and us on our last legs...we might be in deep shite if we go down a goal first.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Can't see Leicester getting the win. Too many key players out for them now Maddison, Chilwell, Ricardo and Soyuncu. They'll rue throwing away their GD advantage to Bournemouth & Spurs where a draw would have been enough.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Leicester have been awful, are struggling to field a first 11 and have terrible morale. More importantly, they have to win and that should play into our hands. I'm not worried, I was more concerned we'd lose today.
Yeah, same. I was genuinely concerned at half-time.

We're at our most dangerous when the opposition attacks us, and that's exactly what Leicester will have to do if they want top-four.

AneRu

We are dead on our feet, can't see us having enough to get a result against Leicester. A better team would have taken us apart tonight.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Comes down to the last match of the season. We just never do it the easy way :lol:

What a massive match for us. I wonder if the lads will be able to get through it.

A point is all we need, but with leicester being very well rested, and us on our last legs...we might be in deep shite if we go down a goal first.
It was always going down to the last day when he fecked up against Southampton

Silverman

Absolute state of this place. Cop yourself on and go de-stress. All we need to do is draw against a Leicester team that are ravaged with injuries.
My word.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
So win or draw and we’re in top 4.

If Chelsea lose tonight and against Wolves we can also lose.

Aki_United

We do not deserve it anyway tbh. Leicester was better overall in comparison to their budget.

DevilRed

It was always going down to the last day when he fecked up against Southampton
Aiy true.

Not easy being a Manchester United fan :lol:

We just love leaving it to the last minute. This will be a real test for the team though. Will they have the willpower to see it through. It will really be about mental strength more than anything on the weekend.

We are running on fumes again and leicester have had a weeks rest.

passing-wind

Absolute state of this place. Cop yourself on and go de-stress. All we need to do is draw against a Leicester team that are ravaged with injuries.
My word.
To be honest I'd feel more comfortable if Leicester have the best fielding 11 they could have. Whenever there are circumstances to aid our favour the team and Ole included end up collapsing.

HabeasC

We've definitely been poor, but... the scheduling of games has put us at such a disadvantage. We seem to have had less rest time than any of our opposition over the past couple of weeks. Leicester will have had 3 more days' rest than us, which gives them a huge advantage.

DevilRed

So win or draw and we’re in top 4.

If Chelsea lose tonight and against Wolves we can also lose.
Don't see them dropping 6 points though. Especially not against wolves at home.

Regardless, its in our hands isn't it? We don't even need to get a win. A draw will suffice. Lets see if the lads can find it in them to get over the finishing line.

The fitness needs to improve somehow by Sunday. Maybe pep has some of his injections he can lend us.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Let's watch us try and sit back. You just know Ole will set us up that way.
Yep, probably a 3-5-2 formation and hit them on the counter. Don’t know why but we’ve had some success with it against the big teams this season. Chelsea 3 times and city.

Anyway, would rather play 4-3-3 and go all in from the start.
Defensive lineup is Made for meltdown

Infra-red

Definitely fancy Leicester to beat us at the King Power, so we need Chelsea to lose tonight and lose to Wolves.

NK86

I take it a draw today means we qualify ?
Yup. You need just 1 point to qualify in your last 2 games actually. If you lose today, it will be very unnerving for the fans of 3 teams going into Sunday.

Goku23

So we need a draw to get top 4 which mean you know we will lose not getting top 4 will set us back years this time no Sancho no extra money for players I hate being a pessemist but were either knackered bottlers or both cant decide which

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Hardly the end of the world is it? :lol:
If you’d have told me in January we’d be third on the last day and needed to draw against Leicester without key players to qualify I would have taken it.

We were something stupid like 12 points behind them.
Don't see them dropping 6 points though. Especially not against wolves at home.

Regardless, its in our hands isn't it? We don't even need to get a win. A draw will suffice. Lets see if the lads can find it in them to get over the finishing line.

The fitness needs to improve somehow by Sunday. Maybe pep has some of his injections he can lend us.
Nor do I but it’s possible and so we could be having a hissy fit over nothing.

We’ve kept it in our hands on the last day has we lost I would have been more concerned.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Yup. You need just 1 point to qualify in your last 2 games actually. If you lose today, it will be very unnerving for the fans of 3 teams going into Sunday.
God if there was ever a time for a jose shut out at anfield today !

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Leicester have attackers who can actually string two passes in the final third. They will have more in attack and want it more than Westham. Will be a very interesting game come Sunday.
Hopefully we manage atleast a draw against the scousers.

LisburnWhite

The state of this thread. If you can't stand a bit of anxiety then don't support a football team.
Wish a load of you would grow a pair.
Loving the tension if not the play at the moment, can't wait for Sunday.

Edy2

Aiy true.

Not easy being a Manchester United fan :lol:

We just love leaving it to the last minute. This will be a real test for the team though. Will they have the willpower to see it through. It will really be about mental strength more than anything on the weekend.

We are running on fumes again and leicester have had a weeks rest.
If that's the case we're sunk. We're mentally one if the weakest United teams I've seen, if not the weakest. Where was the response today after the equaliser to get the job done?

always_hoping

A result for Chelsea tonight and its hard to see them not finishing the season in 3rd. As for United squeaky bum time going into the final match of the league season.

NK86

God if there was ever a time for a jose shut out at anfield today !
Yeah. I think you will get beat today and draw against Wolves. The final place will basically be a face-off between us and Leicester.

DevilRed

If that's the case we're sunk. We're mentally one if the weakest United teams I've seen, if not the weakest. Where was the response today after the equaliser to get the job done?
I'm as critical of a fan as anyone, but it was clear the legs were gone. I feel the players gave their all and really fought. Just that their bodies were at breaking point. You can tell with Rashford and Pogba especially.

I don't know how we will get over the finishing line playing like this at leiceister. They will be well rested and up for it, despite injuries.

Hopefully we get the early goal first from a counter attack, as the onus is on them to come forwards.