Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Have some faith guys. I’d have taken this at the start of the season.

El Zoido

What about Leicester away?
Quite. But does home or away make any difference without a crowd?

Personally I think we’d have found a winner against West Ham tonight if we’d had a packed Old Trafford urging the team on. All teams could say a similar thing since lockdown, of course.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
These meltdowns and doom mongering are quite sad. Some of you just can't help yourselves.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
A solitary point separating United (3rd), Leicester (4th) and Chelsea (5th).

I can't wait for Sunday and all the twists and turns that'll come with it. It's gonna be great fun :drool:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
The only worry is the fitness. Leicester’s defence is diabolical and they’ve been playing horrendously. But everyone of our players looked tired tonight and Leicester will come out fighting as theyll know how unbelievably lucky they are that they’re still in with a chance with how shit they’ve been.

If our front 3 have even a half decent game, we’ll get top 4

PoTMS

If we did our job today, a Chelsea-Wolves draw (which is the most likely result) would've meant our game vs Leicester was elementary. But we didn't. So excuse me if I'm pissed that we couldn't beat lowly West Ham managed by David 'that's what I do win' Moyes.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I suppose you could we’re in a slightly better position than Chelsea because if we lose and they lose we’re in whereas they need a point no matter what.

Still, we’re playing a team who are needing to win to get top 4. The way we’re playing at the moment we may feck it. Especially if we start getting nervous playing for a draw which we obviously will.

We just have to hope Leicester needing a win plays into our hands or hope that Leicester are completely finished even if we are ourselves. A win to guarantee third would be a very promising finish despite the calamity start and past few games.

Djemba-Djemba

They've been up there most the season, we're on the ropes, can't even beat West Ham at home. Pretty much there for the taking.
They were 14 points ahead of us and were nailed on for top 4. Now there's one game left and they're behind us.

They're going to be missing 4 first teamers and they've recently just been battered by Spurs and fecking Bournemouth. If we're on the ropes they're on the canvas and the ref is almost at 10.

croadyman

We are exceptionally fortunate to finally end a gameweek in third place. Poor performance tonight but could be an important point.

Alemar

Kepa conceded 5 easy goals today. De Gea is a prime Lev Yashin in comparison

Suv666

Prediction: We beat Leicester 4-0
Wolves beat Chelsea 2-0
Lampard breaks down and cries on the pitch like Kanye West
We buy Sancho

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Have some faith guys. I’d have taken this at the start of the season.
Given the team we started with on the first day of the season, I'd have bitten your hand off had you told me we'd heading into the final game of the season in third place. And I dare say I'm not the only one.

Amarsdd

think on Sunday, Chelsea will be thanking us for getting them a place in CL.

peridigm

A solitary point separating United (3rd), Leicester (4th) and Chelsea (5th).

I can't wait for Sunday and all the twists and turns that'll come with it. It's gonna be great fun :drool:
One match on the TV. One on the iPad. Caf on the phone. Gonna be mental.

Acole9

Outstanding
They were 14 points ahead of us and were nailed on for top 4. Now there's one game left and they're behind us.

They're going to be missing 4 first teamers and they've recently just been battered by Spurs and fecking Bournemouth. If we're on the ropes they're on the canvas and the ref is almost at 10.
I hope you're right! I'm not at all confident though.

Aki_United

Draw for us in the last game and loss for Chelsea would be awesome. Leicester deserves also cl.

roseguy64

If that's the case we're sunk. We're mentally one if the weakest United teams I've seen, if not the weakest. Where was the response today after the equaliser to get the job done?
Not the weakest. Previous seasons have been worse. It's just recency bias in your head.

Djemba-Djemba

I hope you're right! I'm not at all confident though.
I can tell that from your posts!

I know in the last week we've been mostly rubbish and I understand nerves. I'm nervous too, it's a massive game.

I'm just saying don't fall into the trap of thinking we've been rubbish so that must mean Leicester are better. They've made a recent habit of starting games really well and then collapsing.

I'd rather be in our position right now than theirs.