Television Top Boy

Prodigy24

Watched three episodes of the new season, and when I found out that the two previous seasons were on Netflix as well I started watching from the beginning. Just finished all the seasons and I honestly have to say that it's one of the best shows I've seen in many years. The way you connect and sort of care for the characters is great and very unique to me. Everyone has done a great job and I can't wait for the next season.

The ending of episode 4 had me nearly crying. And the ending of the last episode got me really hyped since I always suspected something with those two, without spoiling.

Btw, huge fan of Kano's character and his acting. Sully is very much a different man compared to the first two seasons, which is great.

Zlatattack

Ok, so i just watched the third season, and then realised the first two are called something else.... doh!!!

is there going to be a season 4?

CallyRed

Finished the third season, top quality.
Hard viewing at times as grew up in an estate similar to "Summer House" though the actual estate the show is filmed is only 10 minutes away and have known people from there.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I accidentally watched season 3 before realising there were two seasons from back in the day.

Unpopular opinion: I've gone back to watch the two first seasons and I don't think they're that great. I'm actually not sure I would have finished the first two seasons if I hadn't have known how exceptional the third season was. Could be the best season of anything I've ever seen.

Can't wait for season 4, assuming it comes out.

Eric's Seagull

Ok, so i just watched the third season, and then realised the first two are called something else.... doh!!!

I don't know for certain if there is going be another series but in my opinion there will be because of so many things happening from the last series like Dushane going to see Jamie and wanting to expand his empire and the feds are building a case against Dushane

Heardy

With the way things ended most likely yes.
You would definitely hope so! Albeit I’d have said there would have definitely been a season 3 at the end of season 2.

At least with Netflix, there is an ease of access for so many people now compared to when the show initially aired on channel 4. I think it’ll reach a much broader audience now so should definitely get the green light for a fourth season IMO.

Glad that you enjoyed it
Thinks them being undercover feds was a good bit of writing and could be really good for next season as I mentioned in spoiler above
Yeah I can't wait for next season, hopefully they release the dates soon.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
You would definitely hope so! Albeit I’d have said there would have definitely been a season 3 at the end of season 2.

At least with Netflix, there is an ease of access for so many people now compared to when the show initially aired on channel 4. I think it’ll reach a much broader audience now so should definitely get the green light for a fourth season IMO.
Top boy has much more commercial appeal than it had 6 years ago. It will definitely continue unlike the situation before.

14 year olds in Connecticut, USA are probably calling their mum pussio’s because of this show.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Don’t know how I didn’t watch this on C4 but watched the Netflix reboot and now binging the original 2 seasons. This is ace! It’s like The Wire but without the cops

Renegade

Scary how realistic that shopping mall negotiation scene between Jamie & Cam was. That’s either some world class acting from the Cam actor or he was just simply being himself, which is scary in itself haha.

hubbuh

Hyperproduced Netflix/Drake iteration was way off the level of the first two series (now named Summerhouse to distinguish between them). Sort of excited.

AFC NimbleThumb

Hyperproduced Netflix/Drake iteration was way off the level of the first two series (now named Summerhouse to distinguish between them). Sort of excited.
Think you simply meant to write, “Get off my lawn”.

“Way off” the first 2 seasons :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Watched all these recently. Great show.

Had no idea Dushane was Asher D until afterwards. Really good acting across the board. Dave, Kano, and Asher especially, for me.

Looking forward to the next series. Guessing it might be delayed though seeing as it's meant to be being filmed right now.

AFC NimbleThumb

Last series was genuinely one of the stand out series I’ve ever watched, hopefully this follows suit.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Next watched this, may have to catch-up!

Loved Power, is this similar?
It's a lot grittier than Power. Has more of a feel of The Wire, but obviously a UK version and no focus on the police, only the gangs.

You watched the Power spinoffs? I wanted Raising Kanan and I'm currently watching season 2 of Book of Ghost. Really good series. 50 puts his hands to some successful ventures, you've got to give him that.

SuperiorXI

It's a lot grittier than Power. Has more of a feel of The Wire, but obviously a UK version and no focus on the police, only the gangs.

You watched the Power spinoffs? I wanted Raising Kanan and I'm currently watching season 2 of Book of Ghost. Really good series. 50 puts his hands to some successful ventures, you've got to give him that.
Could change in the new season based on what happened in the last one?