Television Top Boy

JoaquinJoaquin

3 episodes in and really enjoying it so far. Tempted to pull a late one and get through most of it tonight :D.

haram

Binged all 10 episodes back to back. Great season.

Sara125

How’s everyone finding the new series? On episode 5 so far and I must say I’m very impressed.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
A few episodes in and it's fantastic.

I don't like Drake but thank feck he has brought it back. I'll give him credit, he knows good UK rap/grime and television.

Heardy

Really surprised at the lack of love this show has on the Caf. Thought this would have been hyped by most of the lads on here.

I think that's why it got canned 6 years ago, there's a small group that seem to love it, but it passes most of the watching public by so doesn't get the credit i'd say it deserves.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Really surprised at the lack of love this show has on the Caf. Thought this would have been hyped by most of the lads on here.

I think that's why it got canned 6 years ago, there's a small group that seem to love it, but it passes most of the watching public by so doesn't get the credit i'd say it deserves.
It's been #1 most watched on UK Netflix since release. I've just binged all the episodes, it's such a good series. Basically a UK take on Power.

AFC NimbleThumb

It's been #1 most watched on UK Netflix since release. I've just binged all the episodes, it's such a good series. Basically a UK take on Power.
So much better than Power.

Me & the missus got in early from work & were planning to watch a few episodes, we’ve just watched 6 & i’m so amped I can’t sleep.

The show won’t get the plaudits it deserves but I’m going to call it a masterpiece.

I’ve watched all the ‘popular greats’, Wire, Sopranos, Sons & so on. This series stands with them all.

I couldn’t stop saying throughout episodes 9 & 10, “masterpiece”.

The young actors through to the elder ones all hold their own.

I can’t recommend this highly enough, one of the best pieces of television you will watch.

AFC NimbleThumb

My son binged all the series this week, I watched 1 episode with him where Dave comes out of prison, which series is that?
The latest series, with 10 episodes.

I’d advise going back to the “Top Boy: Summerhouse” series’. They’re good but this new season scales heights those only dreamed of.

The ability to flesh out characters & storylines over 10 episodes was something mini-series on terrestrial tv struggle at.

Last time I was this in awe of a UK tv show was Luther seasons 1 & 2.

RedTiger

Half mast
The latest series, with 10 episodes.

I’d advise going back to the “Top Boy: Summerhouse” series’. They’re good but this new season scales heights those only dreamed of.

The ability to flesh out characters & storylines over 10 episodes was something mini-series on terrestrial tv struggle at.

Last time I was this in awe of a UK tv show was Luther seasons 1 & 2.
Thanks, I'll definitely watch this from the start.

The characters in that episode made references to summerhouse and it had me so confused as to what they were talking about, I came to the conclusion that summerhouse was probably an estate:)

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
So much better than Power.

Me & the missus got in early from work & were planning to watch a few episodes, we’ve just watched 6 & i’m so amped I can’t sleep.

The show won’t get the plaudits it deserves but I’m going to call it a masterpiece.

I’ve watched all the ‘popular greats’, Wire, Sopranos, Sons & so on. This series stands with them all.

I couldn’t stop saying throughout episodes 9 & 10, “masterpiece”.

The young actors through to the elder ones all hold their own.

I can’t recommend this highly enough, one of the best pieces of television you will watch.
Later seasons of power most definitely, early seasons of power were great.

The UK version of power remark was more the overarching story concepts which I'll spoiler in case anyone hasn't seen summerhouse.

Power to Top Boy, both centre on 2 friends aiming to take over the drug game in their relative city. Then you get the fall out between the 2 and the differing views on how to move forward.

AFC NimbleThumb

Later seasons of power most definitely, early seasons of power were great.

The UK version of power remark was more the overarching story concepts which I'll spoiler in case anyone hasn't seen summerhouse.

Power to Top Boy, both centre on 2 friends aiming to take over the drug game in their relative city. Then you get the fall out between the 2 and the differing views on how to move forward.
You’re right Power has definitely declined & the similarities between the story-arch is there.

I really enjoyed the early seasons of power but something about this Top Boy season took my mind to places only things like Sons of Anarchy have.

Santos J

Loved the first 2 but wasn't sure how this would be but fecking hell it's so good

Heardy

Finished the new series tonight. Expected it to end along the lines of how it did.

Hope it gets another season. Great show and loved to see it back.

Poor Jason - kid gets no luck

mancan92

Fantastic show best TV I've watched in a while. Great story line, fantastic dialog and great characters. Some really good twists and turns. Far more eventful than the first 2 seasons which I thought were great. This season has made it shoot up to my top viewing priorities.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Binged the whole series, not even realising that it was the third season until I was four episodes in.

Damn this is a good show.

Tell me they will do another season? It looks like this season will have another three episodes, according to IMDB at least.

Heardy

Binged the whole series, not even realising that it was the third season until I was four episodes in.

Damn this is a good show.

Tell me they will do another season? It looks like this season will have another three episodes, according to IMDB at least.
As in they’re going to extend it?? Weird?

I’d be amazed if they didn’t do a further season. I’d hope it’ll be a success in Netflix terms and given how we were left hanging last time, they can’t do it to us again.

Heardy

The junkies being undercover. I can’t remember what it was but I clocked onto it during the season but let it slip. Need to go back and watch it to find it.

Santos J

The junkies being undercover. I can’t remember what it was but I clocked onto it during the season but let it slip. Need to go back and watch it to find it.
Thought it from when they went fields and he got punched then when walked off was like "I'm sick of this shit" or something along those lines, he dropped the crackhead act when he said it

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
As in they’re going to extend it?? Weird?

I’d be amazed if they didn’t do a further season. I’d hope it’ll be a success in Netflix terms and given how we were left hanging last time, they can’t do it to us again.
I'm only going by what the IMDB page has on it under season three episodes, check it out.

Heardy

I'm only going by what the IMDB page has on it under season three episodes, check it out.
Yeah fair enough mate. Interesting to see they’ve put placeholders in. I’d love to see what happens next either in an extension to 3 or preferably another 10 episode season 4!

I’d forgotten series 1 and 2 were only 4 episodes long.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Loved it.

Few things cracked me up about it, the reference to the "Muslim Gang" from Bow tower blocks :lol: filmed at my Primary school too.

A lot of these dudes used to hang around Bow and Roman Road.

Jamie's mate, the fat one, went school with my little bro. Small world.

Last edited:

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Watched the first two episodes of season 1 last night and I'm hooked, can't believe I missed this when it first came out. Excellent and gripping.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Watched season one and two when they came out and didn't think much of it tbh.

El-Manos

For feck sake I accidentally watched season 3 first! I never realised there were 2 seasons before “season 1 Topboy”. Very misleading from Netflix ! No wonder I was so confused the 1st episode :lol:

Last edited:

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
For feck sake I accidentally watched season 3 first! I never realised there were 2 seasons before “season 1 Topboy”. Very misleading from Netflix ! No wonder I was so confused the 1st episode :lol:
Did the same. Then went and watched the first two as a prequel.

Still enjoyable.

RedDevilRoshi

Going to binge this later tonight.

Never seen an episode before but looking forward to it :drool:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Going to binge this later tonight.

Never seen an episode before but looking forward to it :drool:
Make sure you start at the beginning dude, summerhouse, I got 3 episodes into Topboy before I realised i was hopping in at season 3 :lol:

Makes more sense if you start at the beginning!

Topboy = Toptv

RedDevilRoshi

Make sure you start at the beginning dude, summerhouse, I got 3 episodes into Topboy before I realised i was hopping in at season 3 :lol:

Makes more sense if you start at the beginning!

Topboy = Toptv
I will mate. Cheers for letting me know!

I take it Summerhouse is the first two seasons that Channel 4 done?

arthurka

Didn't like Drake but holy shit he is my new hero loved the first two series and am looking really forward to watch the third.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Loved the whole season. By far the best thing I've seen this year.

Credit to Dave, he did really well. Knew it wouldn't end with Jamie staying in prison. Already can't wait till the next season