Television Top Gear

NinjaFletch

Well it kind of is her thing and she drives the shit out of it..
Well obviously, but theres only so many times you can show someone driving round it or telling people how fast they can drive round it before it becomes a bit dull.

arthurka

Well obviously, but theres only so many times you can show someone driving round it or telling people how fast they can drive round it before it becomes a bit dull.
Agree thats why they have taken her to other tracks to drive the shit out of that. I thinks she's just a bubbly character.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
First time I've seen it in ages. Not usually that much of a fan of Bugatti's but that's damn ncie. The stupid rhyme Le Blanc keeps doing is annoying as feck.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Yeah, I agree.

It only took me 3 episodes of The Grand Tour before I knocked it on the head. Absolute rubbish.
I've watched their (Le Blanc & Co) Kazakhstan special yesterday (well, special/cheap car challenge). It reminded me a lot of what Top Gear USA did in their later seasons (not a bad thing, I grew to like those boys and their later seasons were pretty good) and I rather enjoyed it. Chemistry is still missing a bit (well, it basically is their first season) but...it's beginning to develop, especially with Harris and LeBlanc. Not sure the third guy fits and it might genuinly be a good idea to replace him with a race pedigree women should you find one which can work in front of a camera (not Sabine then). Edit: thinking about it, feck that idea, bring in Tanner Foust. He was brilliant on TG:USA

Anyway, why did I like that special? Because it felt *genuine*. No obviously scripted bullshit, just 3 cars, a medium-hard challenge and some nice scenery. Not that later obligatory "let's modify our cars to be up for it" bullshit which started in Bolivia, where it at least still made sense, but later led to senseless destruction of cars and obviously harmful conversions like that shit they did in India and Iraq.
Current Top Gear has remembered Top Gear wasn't meant to be a comedy sitcom but a funny carshow.

Last edited:

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
When is the new one back? I'm actually eagerly looking forward to Top Gear again.
Currently being filmed, they have been spotted in Norway and such, but no date yet. I reckon it will be done between January and March, there are rumours of ther very first Christmas Special as well.

This
https://forums.finalgear.com/
is usually the best spot for any information.

pauldyson1uk

Not watched this since the first one with Evans, watched the one with the GT40 and I have to admit it was OK, Le Blanc is decent, did not like the 2 he was with but notunwatchable.
I may give Top Gear another chance.

Last edited:

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Pile of shit.

The American presenter needs to go and so do the cheesy scripted jokes and crap stunts. We want to see proper car reviews ffs.

Andersons Dietician

Yeah I’m half way through and thouroghly enjoying it. Was Chris Harris a racing driver? Because feck the man can drive.

pauldyson1uk

Well that was far better than I expected, 3 cracking cars and a GT 40.
Some stunning scenery and that road !
I thought there was decent chemistry between the all, I even like Matt.
The only bit I didn't really like was the Star in a fast car.
I will give it another watch next week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I remember the casual nature a woman at work mentioned that "Matt and Chris" are driving around the carpark on our work email once, thinking nothing of it, and thinking she meant a couple of the guys at work.

Only to realise too late she meant Chris Evans and Matt Le Blanc who for some inexplicable reason were driving around a carpark in the middle of High Wycombe one midday. Strange one.

pascell

First time watching it without Clarkson and co last night, it's very much different but still the same in many ways, it's strange. They gave Chris saying things they'd usually have Hammond saying in the same way etc too. It just doesn't have 'it' anymore for me, although the McLaren was a beaut.

Long Ball

The "old" top gear lost it before it went off air. Look at how poor the grand tour is.

Enjoyed the first episode, last nights wasn't as good (720s aside, the Bigfoot sketch went on abit, reverse race pointless). Despite Harris given the reviews more credibility than clarkson and co ever have, people still have to remember it's been for a long time a car show for people who aren't into cars, or a comedy/adventure based around cars.

The internet is now the saviour for folks who are genuine petrolheads...see Chris Harris drives/on cars, Harry's garage etc. Not that rubbish from schmee, seen through glass or supercars of London ffs

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The last season of the grand tour is still better than this.

It doesnt help that Joey is more wooden than muffin the mule and the other two are pretty much charisma vacuums.

Giggsy92

Thought the road trip last week dragged a bit but I enjoyed last night's episode, even if it was a bit weird in places. I'm glad they're keeping the guest segment to a minimum, especially since they don't seem to be able to get the big names on anymore. Rory still feels like a third wheel but given I much prefer the other two I'm ok with that.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The "old" top gear lost it before it went off air. Look at how poor the grand tour is.

Enjoyed the first episode, last nights wasn't as good (720s aside, the Bigfoot sketch went on abit, reverse race pointless). Despite Harris given the reviews more credibility than clarkson and co ever have, people still have to remember it's been for a long time a car show for people who aren't into cars, or a comedy/adventure based around cars.

The internet is now the saviour for folks who are genuine petrolheads...see Chris Harris drives/on cars, Harry's garage etc. Not that rubbish from schmee, seen through glass or supercars of London ffs
I cant stand schmee or MoVlogs. Dull as dishwater after a while.