Television Top Gear

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It's depressing how they get 10x the views of genuine content channels, print media is also dying cos of these "instant fix" people.
It makes you lose faith in people -- you learn absolutely nothing with their shows and yet they are making so much $$. I guess you can look at the Clarksonisation of Top Gear.
Look at Fifth Gear -- if you love cars and/or are looking at buying a car, its a great programme and yet...

Dan

Last episode in the series tonight, think they should be making more than six per year though.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Last few episodes have actually been pretty good.

Especially loved the Japan episode but that's partly because I grew up on a diet of Gran Turismo and badly want to go to Japan so it was everything I needed at once.

The jokes and chemistry between presenters seems a lot less forced all of a sudden. It's not peak Clarkson/Hammond/May but it feels more natural than it has done since they went and it's a damn sight better than The Grand Tour is at the minute.

Giggsy92

Last episode in the series tonight, think they should be making more than six per year though.
Matt said they'd be back later in the year at the end of tonight's episode, pretty sure there were a few things in the trailers that didn't air so they're probably already sitting on enough for half a series or so.

Wonder if they're confident enough to go for a special yet... Think it could work, maybe without Rory though.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The dialogue and writing are so much tighter this season. And consistent through the season. Better chemistry I assume.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Last few episodes have actually been pretty good.

Especially loved the Japan episode but that's partly because I grew up on a diet of Gran Turismo and badly want to go to Japan so it was everything I needed at once.

The jokes and chemistry between presenters seems a lot less forced all of a sudden. It's not peak Clarkson/Hammond/May but it feels more natural than it has done since they went and it's a damn sight better than The Grand Tour is at the minute.
That's because they actually know each other now.

Before they were just a bunch of people pushed together to make a TV show, no wonder there was no real banter or chemistry at first.

Now though they've settled in and genuinely seem friends, so it's obviously got more natural in that regard. People were being very unfair at first and expected it to be just the same as the old top gear, a group of people who know eachother inside out. That was never going to happen.

I've been enjoying it plenty this year and it's just getting better.

Dan

Matt said they'd be back later in the year at the end of tonight's episode, pretty sure there were a few things in the trailers that didn't air so they're probably already sitting on enough for half a series or so.

Wonder if they're confident enough to go for a special yet... Think it could work, maybe without Rory though.
LeBlanc is supposed to be out of contract, wonder if he’ll renew.

arthurka

Thought this was a great series .. Very good last episode, Chris and Matt have got a pretty decent chemistry.. But I find Rory very annoying in this series .

Long Ball

solid end to the season, 4x4 episode much better than the grand tours effort. Rory remains irritating however, thin the job is going to his head. think they are ready for a special/full road trip

mixed feelings about the alpine, great from some angles awkward from others. fire doesn't put me off, Ferrari and Lamborghini/audi r8 had similar issues with customer cars after all. would love to try one, on paper it sits nicely between a focused lotus exige/evora and the cayman

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
That Alpine fire was fecking insane.
Happened so quickly as well, they were lucky to get out of that in one piece.

Caught up with all the episodes, I thought the season was really good. Bit more gimmicky this season, but I actually didn't mind as the chemistry between the presenters has got alot better and it was definitely more fresher than TGT.

Japan episode was my favourite, but aside from the episode with the tractor bollocks, it was all good fun.

Dante

Average bang
If Rory gets replaced, who would be a good fit with the other two?

Not that I've heard any rumours about Rory, mind you. But it's pretty obvious how he's a third wheel in almost every single segment.

spwd

Guess this’ll be the end because he was the best presenter by miles.

Long Ball

Its a shame as they were building chemistry, people forget it took time for Clarkson and chums to build their magic (which they lost)

Hopefully harris will become the lead, and they bring in either guy martin or if its to be a female Jodie Kidd is the best british bet, sabine may become too irritating as a full presenter. but perhaps she deserves a shot

arthurka

After starting to get good this happens .. He and Harris had created a chemistry which wasnt there to being with .. I fear this might be the end of it or worse they might find the wrong guy again (Evans anyone) ..

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I seriously hope they have a deep knowledge of cars and are not just there for a piss about to make the audience laugh.

Chris Harris needs to be the main presenter.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If they were going to go down that route they should have stumped the money up and got Tim Lovejoy and Simon Rimmer.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
They need to just shut it down now and move on. Top Gear has been absolute garbage since Clarkson, etc. left and all they are doing is further destroying what used to be a great show. Let it die.
I actually though the last season was the best one for a long time and I'm including the Clarkson years in that.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
The problem that Top Gear is going to now have is the same one that Soccer AM has... no matter what they do now, they’ll have a huge amount of people saying that it’s not as good as it used to be with clarkson etc, whether they’ve watched the new series’ or not.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
The problem that Top Gear is going to now have is the same one that Soccer AM has... no matter what they do now, they’ll have a huge amount of people saying that it’s not as good as it used to be with clarkson etc, whether they’ve watched the new series’ or not.
I agree.

They’d be better off changing the format to a ‘proper’ YouTube car review channel, no entertainment bollox. Let Chris Harris be the main guy and the petrol heads will lap it up.

I assume they’d be no money to be made for a concept like this though.