Television Top Gear

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Mcguinness being chased by the massive ball. :lol:

Coxy

I had never heard of Kidd before and I still ended up in tears over that segment, really good stuff and a great tribute.

I also agree on the new trio, they get way too much crap thrown their way simply because they aren't Clarkson, Hammond and May. The old guys perfected their show over two decades yet some people seem to think that Harris&co should be just as good right out of the gate which is obviously BS, they do make a great show and it's only getting better for each season imo.
Fully agree - it was quite emotional.

I'm enjoying the series - I got bored of Clarkson et al so stopped watching Top Gear - but I really like these 3.

Especially enjoyed the caravan segments in the latest episode :D

buchansleftleg

I was really disappointed that continued with a tired old trope about range anxiety and running down an electric car till it has no range.

The cars sat nav will tell you you haven't got the necessary range and will suggest places you could get a charge. 10-15 minutes of ultra rapid charging and they'd all have had more than enough range.

Just google how many petrol or diesel cars run out of fuel on Britain's roads, versus yhe number of electric cars that need to be towed.

The chilli's must have infected their brains or something maybe. Sad really as Harris has always been reasonably balanced about electric cars in the past.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I was really disappointed that continued with a tired old trope about range anxiety and running down an electric car till it has no range.

The cars sat nav will tell you you haven't got the necessary range and will suggest places you could get a charge. 10-15 minutes of ultra rapid charging and they'd all have had more than enough range.

Just google how many petrol or diesel cars run out of fuel on Britain's roads, versus yhe number of electric cars that need to be towed.

The chilli's must have infected their brains or something maybe. Sad really as Harris has always been reasonably balanced about electric cars in the past.
It did come across as a bit weird, as if when you have a petrol or diesel car you suddenly don't need to top up. :lol:

Zlaatan

Parody Account

I saw it more as a show&tell of how different the cars were rather than a slight against electric cars as it was simply a challange to see who could get to the destination with whatever charge they had left. They've done the exact same thing with petrol cars in the past where they've gotten X amount of fuel and not been allowed to top up.

TheReligion

Abusive

They were comparing the cars though right? Not having a go at electric cars. They basically filled them the same and carried out the same activities then saw which lasted the longest?