Television Top Gear

Goooose

Pauly D's right, I think as a trio they bounce off each other quite well. May's brilliant on his own, Clarkson's good, but Hammond just annoys me. Ever since his crash he really just grinds my gears.

pauldyson1uk

I agree. They're all great together, but Hammond has just become increasingly annoying over the last few seasons. Particularly during The News segment.
Out of the 3 Hammond is the most annoying, his programs are just rubbish.
May and Clarkson and both excellent, there programs away from Top Gear are very good, especially May's.
When either of them leave , I don't think BBC will drop the show, it make to much money for them but it wont be the same.
I remember Clarkson in the old Top Gear and when he left, it went down hill very badly very quickly.

Yeah I really enjoyed him in the old Top Gear. I loved Quintin Wilson for his voice, and Tiff Needell for just being a really nice guy. After watching this review from Clarkson, I went out and bought one of these cars the very next day.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Yeah I really enjoyed him in the old Top Gear. I loved Quintin Wilson for his voice, and Tiff Needell for just being a really nice guy. After watching this review from Clarkson, I went out and bought one these cars the very next day.

:lol::lol: Christ that's going back a bit now!!

ERICSAGOD

Grumpy Old Git
This has been the worst series so far.

Not enough cars, and too much dicking around from all of them.

Another road trip, very much the same as before, yawn. :confused:

eric le roi

The most remarkably thing about that old hatchback segment is that it takes well over a minute before we see Clarkson's face.

NinjaFletch

This has been the worst series so far.

Not enough cars, and too much dicking around from all of them.

Another road trip, very much the same as before, yawn. :confused:
You mean too much of what makes it entertaining, not enough tedium?

The car reviews are the worst bit, and are exactly why a 'serious' show like Fifth Gear is so dull.

Besides, what did you actually expect? It seems like your complaint is a little akin to going to a football match and being upset that they're not playing Rugby.

ERICSAGOD

Grumpy Old Git
You mean too much of what makes it entertaining, not enough tedium?

The car reviews are the worst bit, and are exactly why a 'serious' show like Fifth Gear is so dull.

Besides, what did you actually expect? It seems like your complaint is a little akin to going to a football match and being upset that they're not playing Rugby.
Its just a complete regurgitation of what's gone before.

You can pretty much guess what's going to happen before they do it.

You think the car reviews are ''the worst bit'' and 5th Gear is dull.

So basically you enjoy watching late middle aged men trying to get a laugh by putting the word ''penis'' on a car, or using the word cock. You really need to get out more!! :eek:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Series 20 starting this Sunday, can't wait. Only six episodes though.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Rachel Riley was the guest? Excellent... :drool:

JmRssll555

Not a great episode.

The whole section with the multiple celeb guests to do laps in the new Reasonably Priced Car has been done just the same before, however I enjoyed the race with Clarkson, and May on the yacht.

Hope it gets better as the series goes on.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Hmm. A bit of an improvement I suppose.

I always thought they should have used something reasonably decent for that segment and the last few cars where anything but.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
£17K counts as reasonably priced these days apparently. They used to have a car that costs less than £10K. Should have got one of those new Dacia's or something. The Astra is far too mainstream, if they are going to cheat why don't they use a proper car, like a Ford Focus?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
£17K counts as reasonably priced these days apparently. They used to have a car that costs less than £10K. Should have got one of those new Dacia's or something. The Astra is far too mainstream, if they are going to cheat why don't they use a proper car, like a Ford Focus?
Yeh exactly. The angle they were coming from was because of the lifetime warranty thing but 17k is a lot of cash. Infact, they could have used that Fiesta ST for about the same.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Irwinwastheking

Sure you could get an old M series BMW if all they wanted to base it on was price. It's a middle of the road family car that people would look at but not really buy. Same as the others. It would be more fun if they gave them something decent to go round in.

Cina

What the hell? I had no idea Spain was that fecked. Crazy.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
What the hell? I had no idea Spain was that fecked. Crazy.

Why do you think they're fecked? Lots of stupid, corrupt spending on projects like this... Then there's the young(u25s) unemployment that is over 50%...

Irwinwastheking

That mountain road is mental. At least the Airport had some level of thinking behind it, and if the demand had've kept increasing at Madrid then that one would have made perfect sense for the budget carriers like Ryanair in the same way they use the airport outside of Paris.

Decent enough episode, that Audi was amazing and would be my pick of the three.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
At least the Airport had some level of thinking behind it, and if the demand had've kept increasing at Madrid then that one would have made perfect sense for the budget carriers like Ryanair in the same way they use the airport outside of Paris.
except it's 100 miles from Madrid. even 50 miles out is pushing it.
yeah I know there's a train. sounds like someone got some cheap land and believed their own BS.