Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Bojan Djordic
Steve Marlet
Jérôme Rothen?
Casiraghi?
Hakan Yakin? (or was he more a flash in the pan?)
Hidetoshi Nakata
Chris Byland?
Queresma
Michael Johnson
Micah Richards perhaps?
Terry Cooke
Keith Gillespie
Joey Barton perhaps if you consider how highly he was rated.
Stephen Ireland? As with Barton...accept those two are debatable.
Nile Ranger (was never going to be brilliant but is wasting his chance at any sort of football career)
Huntelaar?
Saviola?
Good shout. I would add Rafael Sobis and Matias Fernandez to that list...

Liam147

On Probation
On what fecking planet are people like Ronaldinho wasted talents? Are some of you on crack or some mind feck drugs?
Because he could've gone on to be one of the greatest players ever. Nobody will make that claim now. He seemingly lost motivation. If you've got the potential to be the greatest footballer ever, and only go down as a really good footballer, wouldn't you say you've wasted at least a degree of your talent?

Some people fulfill their potential and more, others don't come close.

gza the genius

The only thing he lacked was longevity, I really can't imagine his peak would've been much better than what he actually got to. He was truly amazing though, probably the most naturally talented player I've ever seen.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Nah he just had speed but the rest of his game always left a lot to be desired.
He was quite rightly regarded in Holland for a while wasn't he?

How about Kuyt? I remember folk really wanting him here for a long while as his scoring record was great in the Dutch League...or is memory not serving me right?

Decotron

He was quite rightly regarded in Holland for a while wasn't he?

How about Kuyt? I remember folk really wanting him here for a long while as his scoring record was great in the Dutch League...or is memory not serving me right?
He had a pretty prolific goal record in Holland so people assumed he was proper goal scoring striker rather than just a false dutch striker.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He had a pretty prolific goal record in Holland so people assumed he was proper goal scoring striker rather than just a false dutch striker.
I dont take player status' in Holland too seriously... Look at Kezman and Alfonso :lol:

londonredmaniac

I like this game :)

Postiga? Very highly regarded in Portugal and had two good seasons at Porto...then it sort of went downhill...fast.

I know he's in the Portugal side mind...so he might have been better since.

londonredmaniac

Wasn't Giovanni Dos Santos from there too? Signed for Spurs with some serious potential attached and does little to nothing?

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
On what fecking planet are people like Ronaldinho wasted talents? Are some of you on crack or some mind feck drugs?
Some people in here shouldn't be allowed to post.

Consigning players who are still performing at the top level and winning trophies to the list as well as 22 year olds (Canales) and even players even younger?!

feck me

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Canales is still young, and he's been out for almost a year with one/two bad injuries. It was only a couple of months ago he started playing again.

londonredmaniac

Again might be more of a media one rather than a true wasted talent but Agbonlahor? Another who looked good at 21-22...and never kicked on.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
My list
1. Diego Armando Maradona – surely the best player in the world ever if only he stayed away from drugs
2. George Best – read above
3. Gazza – read above
4. Adriano – read above
5. Di Canio – he had the natural talent to go toe to toe with Robby Baggio. Unfortunately he was simply too mad to make it at a big side
6. Kluivert – a fantastic talent who would have had a great career at OT. Unfortunately he chose to go to Barcelona (who were more like today’s Real then today’s Barca) who ruined him
7. Owen – he had a great career with Liverpool but I often wonder what the kid would have achieved if he went to United. Under SAF responsible guidance he wouldn’t have suffered the burnout he had at Liverpool and would definitely not retired at 33
8. Edmundo - read Di Canio
9. Freddy Adu – At age 13 he was a phenomenon. Ive seen him play against Italy U17 and he literally humiliated them. Unfortunately his mother preferred to keep him in the US rather then join United. The rest is history
10. Denilson –His dribbling was Ronaldesque. It’s a shame that he moved to Spain at such a young age

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Some of the players mentioned were never real talents in the first place; their only "talent" was their precocious physical growth, so once everyone else caught up, they were no longer special.

JP77

Because he could've gone on to be one of the greatest players ever. Nobody will make that claim now. He seemingly lost motivation. If you've got the potential to be the greatest footballer ever, and only go down as a really good footballer, wouldn't you say you've wasted at least a degree of your talent?

Ronaldinho at one point was the best player in the world. He never wasted his fecking talent what so ever. If you've got the opinion he could of gone down as one of the greatest, that's up to you (and if we were taking into account players talent when they were at their actual best, then he'd rank among some of the greats quite easily), but he should never be included on a wasted talent list...why? Because he never wastes his talent and you're failing to grasp the idea of what a list like this should be.

People like Adu come to mind (In fairness, he's still young despite being known for yonks, yet the path he's on it looks like he'll go down as something along those lines unless he has a massive turn around), not players that were once the greatest on the planet and winning champion's leagues and league trophies.

Seriously, answer me properly, how is Ronaldinho a wasted talent? World class at Barcelona, went to Milan and despite what some claim, actually was brilliant for a decent part of his time there and then returned to Brazil and has been bloody good there. Some people are mental on here.

londonredmaniac

Some of the players mentioned were never real talents in the first place; their only "talent" was their precocious physical growth, so once everyone else caught up, they were no longer special.
Yeah I suppose. I was thinking about the heights predicted for the likes of Nigel Reo Coker as well. Agaon one linked with big moves and ended up being more in love with the footballer lifestyle than the game itself.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy

The dude played at an extremely high level and won all there was to be won, didn't he? If he didn't reach what we perceive to be his full potential, didn't he at least get 98% there?

Ronaldinho: "wasted potential"? No chance.