Transfer fantasy draft

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Looks great mate but, like I said, while I could see Vieri being the best available for your team on a vote-winning basis not reuniting the best attacking partnership of the mid-80s is a real shame. AFAIC the best partnerships defining the 80s were Breitnigge, Platini-Boniek, Laudrup-Elkjaer and Gullit-van Basten. Three of those were possible here, yet none have been formed :(
I still could. I have 70m in the kitty :P.

kps88

Next clause - If the buyer forgets to wish the seller on his birthday, the player has to move back for free.

RoadTrip

Walkinhop surely has more players than just 1 (Giggs)?
NoPace surely has more than 5 players?

What's the deal with not updating here yo :P

RoadTrip

If someone has 10m and they only have 10 outfield players and need 1 more, I would suggest bidding for Obafemi Martins. But there could be a debate around whether he meets the "Post 1955" criteria.

MJJ

Strikers/Finishers:
Davor Suker - 10m - Walkin - 11:00
Oleh Protasov - 10m - Stobzilla - 08:12
romario-30m - Walkin - 13.05
Cantona-10m-MJJ

Wingers/Side midfielders:
Igor Belanov - 10m - Stobzilla - 08:11

Trequartistas/Attacking midfielders:

Riquelme - 20m - VivaCrappy 08.11

Playmakers:

Julio Cesar Romero - 10m - Walkin - 11:00

Defensive/Central midfielders:

(TP) Xavi - 35m - NoPace - 07:04
(TP) Iniesta - 10m - VivaCrappy - 07.35

Full-backs:

Candela - 10m - VivaCrappy - 06.11
(TP) Zanetti - 30m - Walkin - 13.05

Centre-backs:

Sanchis - 10m - Isotope - 12:58
Hansen - 35m - NoPace - 07:08

GKs

Taffarel - 10m - Walkin - 11:00

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I can't believe Crappy/Viva look like they'll have a front 6 of VB, Riquelme, Boniek, Conti, Tigana and Matthaus. Ridiculous.
I still can't believe we got Van Basten for 20m. :lol: Even Romario is going for 30m now. Let's hope we don't discover that Van Basted is not rated by the young'uns populating the caf. :nervous:

walkinhop

Shit man! I'm now worried you've got some trick up your sleeve haha.
Reading your post just made me feel embarrassed. I need to get me a trick...

Seriously though, I just started later in the draft and so many people already got close-to-full teams. I got the money but not the plan ;)

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I would have Preben with Laudrup, Vieri with Riquelme, and that's because I really rate Vieri.
He should give Pires the boot and replace him with Jesper Olsen too - it's the right thing to do.
I would have Preben with Laudrup, Vieri with Riquelme, and that's because I really rate Vieri.
Preben indeed. And Jesper in for Pires. And Arnesen in for B. Laudrup. And Lerby, for God's sake, in for Vieira. Him and Keano will only spend the match bickering anyway.

RoadTrip

Reading your post just made me feel embarrassed. I need to get me a trick...

Seriously though, I just started later in the draft and so many people already got close-to-full teams. I got the money but not the plan ;)
Honestly, there are so many very good players still out there who you could so easily pick up for 10m now... and if you get through round 1 you'll be laughing all the way to the diamond mines with your cash lol.

I still can't believe we got Van Basten for 20m. :lol: Even Romario is going for 30m now. Let's hope we don't discover that Van Basted is not rated by the young'uns populating the caf. :nervous:
Van Basten is shit, of course young'uns and oldies alike will not rate him... :nervous:

RoadTrip

He should give Pires the boot and replace him with Jesper Olsen too - it's the right thing to do.

Preben indeed. And Jesper in for Pires. And Arnesen in for B. Laudrup. And Lerby, for God's sake, in for Vieira. Him and Keano will only spend the match bickering anyway.
I don't see why you had to quote his post twice :P Fecking noob

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
It was awful having to let him go, but my team didn't look right without Pirlo and it also enabled me to play Cafu, so 2 massively important players to the set up i was playing.

Pippa before me nearly had him bought for 15m and was going to sell him immediately for 10m!

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
How did Romario become 30m all of a sudden? Lol
Very strange considering you said you had 35M for him. If he really wants him he would go 25M and test whether you had the will for 30M and paying 35M at worst. Testing your will for 35M is asking for 40M instead. Unless of course he just wants you to blow your budget ;)

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Last of the old school playmakers, I think Jonathan Wilson called him. Which is a fair comment, I think. Great player if used properly.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs

1. He doesn't have Pires (Edit: when did that happen? Awesome deal)
2. rpitroda will tell you I suggested Brian, Overmars and Vieri to him as good foils, but then started reminiscing on the Danish side throughout yesterday.
3. Jesper was lovely to watch, but quite evidently my third man waiting to be replaced. In that case by Boniek ;)
4. I actually bid (late :rolleyes:) for Brian Laudrup, not Arnesen.
5. Stay the feck away from Lerby, one of my favourite midfielders ever, so underrated... Now, as far as bickering goes, you could do even worse than that. Bayern did putting him and Matthaus together. Both a force of nature and to say to this day I can't tell who was more strong-willed and determined is something. One is quite evidently a bigger cnut as a result though, which settles it for me ;)

That Elkjaer is a better foil for Laudrup is unquestionable if you've seen the understanding they had, the way they went about things... Doesn't make Vieri a bad player, just a good replacement, if more agricultural.

Annahnomoss

Strikers/Finishers:

romario-10m-mjj-8:39

Playmakers:

Essien - 10 - Aldo - 21.56
Makelele - 25m - Kazi - 04:08
Simeone - 10m - Annah - 10:52

Full-backs:
(TP) Zanetti - 20m - VivaCrappy - 08.11

Centre-backs:

(TP) Stam - 20m - Kazi - 04:08
Someone has removed my Simeone bid when updating their new bids, I will update the transfer list with my bid still in it.

Annahnomoss

Strikers/Finishers:
Davor Suker - 10m - Walkin - 11:00
romario-30m - Walkin - 13.05
Cantona-10m-MJJ

Playmakers:

Julio Cesar Romero - 10m - Walkin - 11:00

Simeone - 10 m - annah - 10:50

Full-backs:

(TP) Zanetti - 30m - Walkin - 13.05

Centre-backs:

GKs

Taffarel - 10m - Walkin - 11:00

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
1. He doesn't have Pires (Edit: when did that happen? Awesome deal)
2. rpitroda will tell you I suggested Brian, Overmars and Vieri to him as good foils, but then started reminiscing on the Danish side throughout yesterday.
3. Jesper was lovely to watch, but quite evidently my third man waiting to be replaced. In that case by Boniek ;)
4. I actually bid (late :rolleyes:) for Brian Laudrup, not Arnesen.
5. Stay the feck away from Lerby, one of my favourite midfielders ever, so underrated... Now, as far as bickering goes, you could do even worse than that. Bayern did putting him and Matthaus together. Both a force of nature and to say to this day I can't tell who was more strong-willed and determined is something. One is quite evidently a bigger cnut as a result though, which settles it for me ;)

That Elkjaer is a better foil for Laudrup is unquestionable if you've seen the understanding they had, the way they went about things... Doesn't make Vieri a bad player, just a good replacement, if more agricultural.
Hehe - agricultural. I like that.

Jesper obviously wasn't better than Pires - but still. Jesper was definitely more likeable.

And I meant that Keano and Vieria would bicker. Lerby and Keano might bicker too - but they'd sort it all out over a pint.

Brian over Arnesen? Fair enough, I suppose. The little Laudrup was a very good player, in fairness.

Kazi

Thoughts guys... Makelele or Javi Martinez in a midfield with Yaya and De Rossi? Obviously Makelele is a better player but I'm not sure who'd fit in better there.

RoadTrip

Very strange considering you said you had 35M for him. If he really wants him he would go 25M and test whether you had the will for 30M and paying 35M at worst. Testing your will for 35M is asking for 40M instead. Unless of course he just wants you to blow your budget ;)
What? I am very confused.