Transfer fantasy draft

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I don't know how the Caf rate him, but welcome to team Iso, no-so-dirty Sanchis.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
And I meant that Keano and Vieria would bicker. Lerby and Keano might bicker too - but they'd sort it all out over a pint.
Indeed, that's what I was getting at with him and Matthaüs. Will to win makes you competitive but you don't need to turn into a cnut as a result, which is why I love Lerby. Keano is a cnut but a different sort, there would indeed be massive respect there. With Vieira I can see his pillow stained with his night-time tears :keano:

Brian over Arnesen? Fair enough, I suppose. The little Laudrup was a very good player, in fairness.
Arnesen was pushing it a tad much and I saw no reason why Brian couldn't play. You are right in that Arnesen played an important role in making their system work.

Still, it was largely to break up the Laudrup brothers incentive and I wanted to accomodate the Barca Dream Team as much as possible too so there wasn't really going to be a right winger but a right forward in Laudrup or Elkjaer when Romario played.

As that infamous Danish grafitti put it: "What happens if Jesus comes back?" and a separate grafitti replied "We move Elkjaer out wide" :D

Quite a fitting way to work out what to do with Romario and Elkjaer :lol: God would have been playing them through :drool:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
:lol: Aye - imagine trying to sort things out over a pint with Lothar Matthaus. That ain't going to end well.

The graffiti is a good one. Reminiscent of the classic scouse one: "Jesus saves". Under which someone writes: "...but Rush scores from the rebound."

Elkjaer was a fantastic player to watch, unless anyone be mistaken about that. And he smoked forty a day. Like Socrates in that respect. Different times.

Annahnomoss

I still can't believe we got Van Basten for 20m. :lol: Even Romario is going for 30m now. Let's hope we don't discover that Van Basted is not rated by the young'uns populating the caf. :nervous:
One of the most underrated players I've ever used in these drafts. He gets a lot of credit as a goal-scorer, like RVN and so forth but people don't see him as one who will create goals on his own with his excellence. Bloody brilliant player though and capable to create goals on his own against any defense one assembles. Very RVP'esque in his manner of maybe not dribbling past players, but he constantly used his dribbling to give him enough time to curl a shot on goal.

Unfortunately these drafts tends to be very harsh on that type of players.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Fer sale:

Careca

Viv Anderson

And I still want input on this:

Petit or Mauro Silva - as a DM in a three. Who's yer pick?

antohan

:lol: Aye - imagine trying to sort things out over a pint with Lothar Matthaus. That ain't going to end well.

The graffiti is a good one. Reminiscent of the classic scouse one: "Jesus saves". Under which someone writes: "...but Rush scores from the rebound."

Elkjaer was a fantastic player to watch, unless anyone be mistaken about that. And he smoked forty a day. Like Socrates in that respect. Different times.
I wish I had three lungs like him after years of smoking :(

Or that I could run at THAT Juve defence, lose my boot around the halfway line and still run rings around them before scoring a goal that massively helped Verona... Verona... Yes, Hellas Verona, win the Scudetto while Platini, Boniek, Scirea, Tardelli, Falcao or Conti were all in their pomp.

Ladies and gents, Preben Elkjaer-Larsen, the man who haunted my dreams and those of an enitre nation for months after that Summer in '86, but you can't have anything but love and admiration for him and that side. A rare feat, you usually hate those who so convincingly humilliate you.

antohan

Fer sale:

Careca

Viv Anderson

Depends on the other two.

Really need to go now, been trying to leave for the last half hour!!! Will get back to you later.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
One of the most underrated players I've ever used in these drafts. He gets a lot of credit as a goal-scorer, like RVN and so forth but people don't see him as one who will create goals on his own with his excellence. Bloody brilliant player though and capable to create goals on his own against any defense one assembles. Very RVP'esque in his manner of maybe not dribbling past players, but he constantly used his dribbling to give him enough time to curl a shot on goal.

You mean Van Basten, right?

He is easily better than Nistelrooy - and even easier better than RVP. The latter is a poor man's Van Basten in terms of his knack for brilliant goals. Ruud is a poacher of the kind you don't see too often - and he edges it over Van Basten in terms of pure deadliness in the box. But that's it. And RVP...forget it. He ain't no Van Basten.

Pippa

Strikers/Finishers:
Davor Suker - 10m - Walkin - 11:00
Oleh Protasov - 10m - Stobzilla - 08:12
romario-30m - Walkin - 13.05
Cantona-10m-MJJ

Wingers/Side midfielders:
Igor Belanov - 10m - Stobzilla - 08:11

Trequartistas/Attacking midfielders:

Riquelme - 20m - VivaCrappy 08.11

Playmakers:

Julio Cesar Romero - 10m - Walkin - 11:00
Totti - 10m - Pippa - 16:00

Defensive/Central midfielders:

(TP) Xavi - 35m - NoPace - 07:04
Simeone - 10 m - annah - 10:50
(TP) Iniesta - 20m - Pippa - 16:00

Full-backs:

Candela - 10m - VivaCrappy - 06.11
(TP) Zanetti - 35m - Pippa - 16.00

Centre-backs:

Sanchis - 10m - Isotope - 12:58
Hansen - 35m - NoPace - 07:08

GKs
Taffarel - 10m - Walkin - 11:0

@walkinhop (Zanetti)
@VivaJanuzaj @crappycraperson (Iniesta)

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Elaborate.
Pretty sure Aldo added Simeone yesterday and NoPace already raised him. Should already be sold to NoPace, if I'm not mistaken, I was thinking about making a bid on Simeone yesterday myself, when I saw him in the list.

/edit:
NoPace's bid on Simeone:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/transfer-fantasy-draft.390872/page-28#post-15721711

And the list after the 12 hours were already over:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/transfer-fantasy-draft.390872/page-32#post-15724841

So Simeone is sold for 15m to @NoPace . Sorry @Annahnomoss

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
Pretty sure Aldo added Simeone yesterday and NoPace already raised him. Should already be sold to NoPace, if I'm not mistaken, I was thinking about making a bid on Simeone yesterday myself, when I saw him in the list.
Yeah last I saw NoPace had a 15m bid on him.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

I don't agree. I had him in the all time draft and he was a big part in getting to the final. I was very pleased with how he was received.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Right, then. Should be possible to trace back.

But it certainly stresses the point that it's very important everyone makes sure to keep the lists (completed transfers and bids) updated.

Last edited:

Annahnomoss

You mean Van Basten, right?

He is easily better than Nistelrooy - and even easier better than RVP. The latter is a poor man's Van Basten in terms of his knack for brilliant goals. Ruud is a poacher of the kind you don't see too often - and he edges it over Van Basten in terms of pure deadliness in the box. But that's it. And RVP...forget it. He ain't no Van Basten.
I never stated RVN or RVP were as good as van Basten, the latter is at the legendary level and the former two certainly aren't. Just trying to explain that the strikers who can't beat their man and instead relied on intelligence, great shooting and so forth are often underrated in these drafts.

If a striker was as good as van Basten, but instead the Samba/Dribbling type he would be rated really high.

Annahnomoss

/edit:
NoPace's bid on Simeone:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/transfer-fantasy-draft.390872/page-28#post-15721711

And the list after the 12 hours were already over:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/transfer-fantasy-draft.390872/page-32#post-15724841

So Simeone is sold for 15m to @NoPace . Sorry @Annahnomoss
Alright guys.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I never stated RVN or RVP were as good as van Basten, the latter is at the legendary level and the former two certainly aren't. Just trying to explain that the strikers who can't beat their man and instead relied on intelligence, great shooting and so forth are often underrated in these drafts.

If a striker was as good as van Basten, but instead the Samba/Dribbling type he would be rated really high.
I know, mate - I wasn't implying otherwise. Just declaring Van Basten's greatness!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I removed Manuel Sanchis for 10m.

Strikers/Finishers:

Cantona-10m-MJJ

Playmakers:

Full-backs:

Centre-backs:

GKs

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Have you made your choice? I would like to buy the one you don't pick!
Oooh -that's a tough one.

Fact is that right now I'd like to keep 'em both - because you never know who you might come up against.

If I draw you, for instance - I might need to instruct one of them to stay on a certain man like a cheap coat!

But you have dibs on either if I decide to sell - that's a promise.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Makelele and Javi are not that different. Considering that Martinez is only 25 and only played two seasons for a big club yet, I´d use Claude.
Fair assessment. But Martinez has a broader range to his game than Claude - I think that's clear enough. The latter is perfect in a certain set-up, one that is designed to contain the opposition in a certain way. In such a set-up he is one of the best players to ever fill that spot. But he is very limited when looking at the bigger picture. Martinez is the better overall footballer in my opinion - less experienced, obviously; less of a tactically astute, not to say perfectly sly bastard. But a better footballer in any meaningful sense of the word.

Annahnomoss

I removed Manuel Sanchis for 10m.

Strikers/Finishers:

Cantona-10m-MJJ

Playmakers:

Deschamps - 10m - Annah - 17:08
Full-backs:

Centre-backs:

GKs

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Fer sale:

Careca

Viv Anderson

Depends on the trio and who you're facing. Mauro Silva is pretty much impeccable from a defensive point of view, Petit has a bit more range about his game.

NoPace

Strikers/Finishers:
Cantona-10m-MJJ

Playmakers:

Deschamps - 10m - Annah - 17:08
Full-backs:

Centre-backs:

GKs
Kopke - 10m - NoPace - 17:22

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Depends on the trio and who you're facing. Mauro Silva is pretty much impeccable from a defensive point of view, Petit has a bit more range about his game.
Aye, that's what I'm thinking too.

Petit was a more than decent passer of the ball, actually. So, I'd say he had more than a bit more range to his game - Silva was a tough fecker, though. Someone you could rely on to take a fecker out of the game, if that was what you needed.

All things said and done, I need 'em both. Not necessarily in the same match, though.