Transfer fantasy draft

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Ahh fair do's

:( Would have loved to see Baresi + Del Piero/Totti in that team.
For my 60m i wanted 3 players (20m each). If i raised the Baresi bid to 25m i would likely only get 1 other player. Not worth it. Hopefully if I get through he'll be available then.

Totti's gone from the game. Not sure about Del Piero cos i'm considered being 100% AC Milan.

Annahnomoss

Well didn't think about you having 30 millions left, which you could possibly use for a striker. I was going to offer you Effenberg if I could replace him with the money I have left or allow Chester/Cutch choose a striker for you.

But I think the easiest route is that you just buy one?

Annahnomoss

Anyway, don't worry about it @Annahnomoss . I'll see if I can find someone from those not picked so far.
I want to have Klinsmann of course, but if he interests you he is also available for you. If you really can't find any other player and he'd make you happy. I'd need money to replace him then of course.

Moby

Dick
Well didn't think about you having 30 millions left, which you could possibly use for a striker. I was going to offer you Effenberg if I could replace him with the money I have left or allow Chester/Cutch choose a striker for you.

But I think the easiest route is that you just buy one?
I want to have Klinsmann of course, but if he interests you he is also available for you. If you really can't find any other player and he'd make you happy. I'd need money to replace him then of course.
Yeah only issue is there's no one I can think of who would be a significant upgrade and is also non TP. Klinsi doesn't fit at all in my team, but thanks for the offer.

Annahnomoss

Yeah only issue is there's no one I can think of who would be a significant upgrade and is also non TP. Klinsi doesn't fit at all in my team, but thanks for the offer.
Don't try to replace Weah, try to replace Benzema and you will find great options. Ibrahimovic would be brilliant I believe for example, Weah was more like the younger version of Zlatan but the older one would allow Platini to unleash his brilliant finishing. Can't find a better player to find Ronaldo and Di Maria when they cut in either - on top of that he of course offers ridiculous goal scoring.

The current Zlatan is outstanding inside the box as well, a major part of his goals comes from crosses so him and Ronaldo inside the box is scary.

Moby

Dick
Don't try to replace Weah, try to replace Benzema and you will find great options. Ibrahimovic would be brilliant I believe for example, Weah was more like the younger version of Zlatan but the older one would allow Platini to unleash his brilliant finishing. Can't find a better player to find Ronaldo and Di Maria when they cut in either - on top of that he of course offers ridiculous goal scoring.

The current Zlatan is outstanding inside the box as well, a major part of his goals comes from crosses so him and Ronaldo inside the box is scary.
It's true that Zlatan offers few of the qualities Weah did, but I won't have him in a counter attacking setup, we at least not in an ideal one. Anyway, I'm off to bed soon. I'll scout the remaining names and see if someone can fit, I highly doubt it. As I said, when Cutch wanted to buy him I searched as much as I could, it would have saved me 10m at that stage so there was a particular profit in the deal but I just couldn't find one. I think it is mainly because I have the setup with Weah in my head and I don't see many others replace him seamlessly. It's alright, I still have a squad to work with, all is not lost. :)

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Feck, that's a real kick in the teeth, Aldo.

It doesn't sit right with me at all - and it looks like it was based on a pure misunderstanding.

Deal's cancelled as far as I'm concerned. Weah failed his medical, I get my ten mill back. Unless anyone protests I think that's a perfectly good solution here.

Cutch

It doesn't sit right with me at all - and it looks like it was based on a pure misunderstanding.

Deal's cancelled as far as I'm concerned. Weah failed his medical, I get my ten mill back. Unless anyone protests I think that's a perfectly good solution here.
No complaints from me anyway.

Moby

Dick

Nah don't worry about it man. It's not really a fair thing to do, tbh. I sold a player to make a particular bid, it was a decision I took. I know in this case all of us are locked in on our bids but otherwise it's a gamble that can go either way, and it's easily possible that you don't get the one you wanted with the extra money. You really don't have to return him, and I know he's important for you at this stage because you want to play TP players in other position, and also because it's mainly unfair and goes against how the game should work.

Let's not carry this forward, what's done is done. I've 30m in my purse with a huge list of players, so it should work out okay in the end. :)

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Nah don't worry about it man. It's not really a fair thing to do, tbh. I sold a player to make a particular bid, it was a decision I took. I know in this case all of us are locked in on our bids but otherwise it's a gamble that can go either way, and it's easily possible that you don't get the one you wanted with the extra money. You really don't have to return him, and I know he's important for you at this stage because you want to play TP players in other position, and also because it's mainly unfair and goes against how the game should work.

Let's not carry this forward, what's done is done. I've 30m in my purse with a huge list of players, so it should work out okay in the end. :)
Right 'o, mate. It's your call - the offer stands, just say the word.

Cutch

Costacurta - Cutch - 20 mill - 19:22
Baresi - Annah - 21 mill - 19:24
Effenberg - Annah - 26 mill - 19:25
Boniek - Aldo - 30 mill - 19:33
Conti - Annah - 26 mill - 19:40
Hierro (TP) - 20m - Chester - 20:01
R. Keane (TP) - 20m - Chester - 20:01
Redondo (TP) - 20m - Cutch - 20:39
Savicevic - 20m - Cutch - 22:36

Moby

Dick
Costacurta - Cutch - 20 mill - 19:22
Baresi - Annah - 21 mill - 19:24
Effenberg - Annah - 26 mill - 19:25
Boniek - Aldo - 30 mill - 19:33
Conti - Annah - 26 mill - 19:40
Hierro (TP) - 20m - Chester - 20:01
R. Keane (TP) - 20m - Chester - 20:01
Redondo (TP) - 20m - Cutch - 20:39
Savicevic - 20m - Cutch - 22:36
Simeone - 20m - Aldo - 22:37

If are all done and there's no trading left to be done, we should call an end to the auction and do the draw. @Annahnomoss

Annahnomoss

I am done, ohh you nasty bugger taking my Oligarch title from me. I will do the draw, if someone isn't okay with it they can do the draw. If two people aren't okay with others making the draws we will get a neutral.

Annahnomoss

Research Randomizer Results

1 Set of 4 Unique Numbers Per Set
Range: From 1 to 4 -- Unsorted

Job Status:
Set #1:
3, 1, 4, 2

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
There were 4 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. 2. Annah
  2. 3. Cutch
  3. 4. Aldo
  4. 1. Chester
Timestamp: 2014-06-10 21:49:03 UTC

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
:lol: Both draws are the same, no?
Nah mine is just in order, I probably shouldn't have put those second numbers in because it makes it look confusing.

It's supposed to be Annah vs Cutch, Chester vs Aldo on that one.

Annahnomoss

Nah mine is just in order, I probably shouldn't have put those second numbers in because it makes it look confusing.

It's supposed to be Annah vs Cutch, Chester vs Aldo on that one.
That is what I read it as too until Aldo confused me. All he does today is fecking with me, making me spend cash - and now he is out to send me home.

Annahnomoss

I think it will be a great match, no real favorite for me. Haven't seen many matches which weren't extremely even in this draft.

I will list my team in a second and propose everybody does so.

Moby

Dick
All 4 teams look nicely set on their themes.

Cutch - Milan of Ancelotti
Annah - Argentina 86
Chester - homage to the underrated
Me - something of a cross between Juve and France from the 80s with a slice of Barca dream team thrown in :lol:

Annahnomoss

Goalkeeper
Neuer

Defenders
Zanetti
Brehme
Baresi
Vierchowod
Ferrara

Sammer, Ferrer, Sergi

Midfielders
Maradona