Transfer targets ready to step up

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Really? You don’t reckon he’d want to step up to United?
Atletico Madrid were reportedly interested in the summer but he's got a strong affinity with Celtic and apparently wants to be there if they win 10 in a row. I guess it is possible but isn't a sure thing.

willhse456

I like Lascelles at Newcastle, think he's gone under the radar a bit, just as good as Harry Maguire and would be a lot cheaper.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Lemina at Southampton looks classy. He could definitely cut it at a bigger club.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Which British players are ready for the step up? It's always nice having a British core of players.

Pughnichi

I’d have no problem with Dalot and Ricardo Pereira at RB. Ben Chilwell and Shaw at LB

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
A name that has not been mentioned, Andre Gomes of Everton. He is a very tidy midfielder with good ball retention ability.

Doherty of Wolves as well has been a prominent full back that has been critical to some of Wolves better performances.

Fraiser of Bournemouth. Very similar to Shakiri and is a good offensive threat.

Minimalist

Being honest, I don't really see any that are obvious.

That's what scouts are for I guess. It's probably easier to pick out the players that should leave the club rather than the ones that should come in.

Eric's Seagull

I thought Hazard initially chose us but changed his mind on the 11th hour just as Robben and Mikel did. Agent fees was not the issue if i recall correctly.
Do you think could possible be down to wages may or the fact he thought Chelsea was the best place for him at the time?

If you are correct and he chose Chelsea over us it is worse than I thought "
If He "changed his mind on the 11th hour just as Robben and Mikel did..
Hate it when this happens.
Why do you think he chose Chelsea right at the end mate?

I was always under the conception of we were too tight to pay Hazard's agent's fee although I could be wrong, I never blamed what I thought was the issue on Sir Alex (at the point I thought the owner's were being with the money) and used to debate it with my mate.

At the time we had so much pull and the greatest manager in my opinion ever in Sir Alex Ferguson I thought that we would definitely have got this guy.

jem

Atletico Madrid were reportedly interested in the summer but he's got a strong affinity with Celtic and apparently wants to be there if they win 10 in a row. I guess it is possible but isn't a sure thing.
That's interesting, and a good reflection on his character, I'd say.

Rocknrolla69er

Quite surprised Doherty has only had two mentions, very attacking and creative on Wolves right hand side, think he’d be a good fit.

Wan Bissaka also highly rated at Palace.

Funky Futurista

Solly March is a bit interesting, although he might not become that much better than he is.
Digne at Everton has some very good stats this season. Same with Ryan Fraser.

Bonjers

Supports
Wolves
Doherty has been largely excellent for us this season, but he wouldn't work for anybody playing a back four, whether its at this level or below as he cannot (even by his own admission) defend. His strengths are shown up by our system and his flaws are largely covered. He has the odd day where the Doc of old returns (see Huddersfield), but I'm still struggling to believe it's the same bloke who was a diabolical full back for us 18 months ago. All credit to him.

Reactions: Varun

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Doherty has been largely excellent for us this season, but he wouldn't work for anybody playing a back four, whether its at this level or below as he cannot (even by his own admission) defend. His strengths are shown up by our system and his flaws are largely covered. He has the odd day where the Doc of old returns (see Huddersfield), but I'm still struggling to believe it's the same bloke who was a diabolical full back for us 18 months ago. All credit to him.
Yeah I was watching the Fulham game and the commentator was saying he can defend, which he 100% can't and he basically plays as a winger anyway. Seems like a similar situation with Alonso at Chelsea, that the team completely suits him and makes him extremely effective.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
He really pissed me off.:lol: I'm not serious about buying him or anything but he only seems to turn up when United are in town.Does he even start your games now?
I love him! He was the biggest influence in our promotion season, faded a bit last season in the prem, but it came out later he was suffering from depression after the death of his dad and his wife leaving him and taking the kids back to France. He's playing more again now maybe 15-16 starts this season, but on his day he is brilliant.

Suvvernmanc

Leicester have some real talents there! Maddison, Ben chilwell, Ricardo Periera, Ndidi and Maguire. I would happily take any one of them. They are all superstars in the making.

I would love to see Neves and Wan Bisakka, make the step up. Neves seems ready now but Wan Bisakka definately needs more time, and he's English so one to watch for sure.

L1nk

A name that has not been mentioned, Andre Gomes of Everton. He is a very tidy midfielder with good ball retention ability.

Doherty of Wolves as well has been a prominent full back that has been critical to some of Wolves better performances.

Fraiser of Bournemouth. Very similar to Shakiri and is a good offensive threat.
Andre Gomes of Barcelona you mean, its possible they may look to sell at the end of the season after the loan, especially if Rabiot comes in.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Brooks Neves Maguire

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Andre Gomes of Barcelona you mean, its possible they may look to sell at the end of the season after the loan, especially if Rabiot comes in.
Yea that one. He has put on some good display whenever I watched him play for Everton. Good on the ball, strong, technical gifted and a very tidy passer. I would definitely have him here over Fellaini, but the only problem is that he plays a role somewhat similar to Pogba. Rather give the secondary hybrid number 8 and 10 role to one of our youth product.

Another name that has not been mentioned.

Ademola Lookman.

red thru&thru

Yea that one. He has put on some good display whenever I watched him play for Everton. Good on the ball, strong, technical gifted and a very tidy passer. I would definitely have him here over Fellaini, but the only problem is that he plays a role somewhat similar to Pogba. Rather give the secondary hybrid number 8 and 10 role to one of our youth product.

Another name that has not been mentioned.

Ademola Lookman.
Played well at Leipzeg last year. Desperately wanted him back. Think Paul Mitchell would have had something to do with scouting him.

M Utd

I've liked the look of Lerma from Bouremouth. It's still far too early to say he's going to make it but I think he has talent.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

I know Koulibaly is the big target for the summer, but can we approach Napoli for Fabian Ruiz as well? Guy seems to be the perfect replacement for Mata/Herrera/Fellaini in central midfield.