Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
This has got to be one of the worst transfer windows for Real Madrid in recent years. Surely they are taking the piss?
Their business is as confusing as ours. They added James Rodriguez and Kroos, both world class at their positions and lost Di Maria & Alonso who were integral to them.

C'est Moi Cantona

I really don't know too much about finance especially football finance, but surely tax is only on profits? Transfer spend would count as pre-tax costs/expenses?
To be honest I don't either, but I follow Andy Green, and read his blogs, he factors in about £25-£30 million in tax payments for his income forecasts, this with the likely dividends in future, plus capex, and the likely debt reduction payments, yes we make lots of money, but we have plenty to spend it on.

Reckon next summer will be break even on net spend.

wr8_utd

:'(
Got to love The Telegraph. Danny Welbeck may or may not leave Manchester United. :lol:

FromTheBench

Loan i hope! With Blind and Rojo in, doubt we'd need Keane as backup esp. with Blackett clearly preferred ahead of him by LvG
Blackett has been preferred because he was a left footer and Evans was injured tbf.

PvsNP

Getting a bit late in the day now

they have brought in James and Kroos don't forget.
And shifted Di Maria, who would have struggled to feature as much as last year for £60m!
During this window, they've got rid of Lopez, a solid GK who rightly kept his place in goal last season, Di Maria, who they owe their CL title to, and Alonso, a leader who has been very important for them, even though he is not the same player he once was.

Instead they've brought in a quality GK in Navas who is being benched in favour of an over-the-hill Casillas, James Rodriguez, a WC-hyped player and Kroos, who is a class player, but not really needed. In a midfield of James-Modric-Kroos, who will provide the hard work that Di Maria and Alonso provided? I know Khedira is still there, but he obviously doesn't want to be there and is probably going to be a sub most of the time this season.

I'm probably jinxing it when I say this, but I'm sure that they won't win anything this season with that squad.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Loan i hope! With Blind and Rojo in, doubt we'd need Keane as backup esp. with Blackett clearly preferred ahead of him by LvG
Even considering how crippled Jones and Smalling are, and that we've only signed 1 centre back this window? I'd like to see him stay!

m1y2

Sandro to QPR - 6m. Good buy, that.
He will be a brilliant player for them if he stays fit.. I dont understand we could have twice a player instead we go after mediocre unproven Blind. We must be seriously short-sighted or just blind.. anyway arry's doing some mental job again in the transfer window. This time they will stay up..

Status
Not open for further replies.