Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Just reported Live on SSN.

Edwin van der Sar seen leaving Carrington. VDS is on the board at Ajax. Sky saying he's been over to conduct talks. (obviously Blind)

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
The season before he scored 9 and assisted 18 from the wing. The season before that he was 7 and 17. The season before that was 9 and 26.
I wasn't disputing that he had great stats. I know he does. He's always been more inconsistent on the wing though in terms of his performance. Definitely think his best position is where he played for Real last season.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I wasn't disputing that he had great stats. I know he does. He's always been more inconsistent on the wing though in terms of his performance. Definitely think his best position is where he played for Real last season.
His output is relatively consistent though - which is massive for us. We don't have a wide player who will guarantee 10, let alone 20 assists a season. The 3 senior ones combined for the last 2 years have barely hit 10.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
His output is relatively consistent though - which is massive for us. We don't have a wide player who will guarantee 10, let alone 20 assists a season. The 3 senior ones combined for the last 2 years have barely hit 10.
I think his assist numbers will be slightly lower for you lot due to the fact he won't be playing with players of the calibre that they have at Madrid.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I think his assist numbers will be slightly lower for you lot due to the fact he won't be playing with players of the calibre that they have at Madrid.
They probably will, but I'm sure he'll manage to bring a bit more out of RVP, Rooney and Mata than Young and Valencia will, given that he's got a bit of technique and purpose to his game.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
His numerical output has been consistent though, it's his performances that haven't as you note. But is that not more indicative of the position than the player? What wingers are consistent?

Ronaldo? His output is but as just noted, so is Di Marias. Performance wise, I think every winger is at times frustrating with games that they struggle to get in to.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
They probably will, but I'm sure he'll manage to bring a bit more out of RVP, Rooney and Mata than Young and Valencia will, given that he's got a bit of technique and purpose to his game.
Yeah, agreed. The only reservation I have is where he fits in with those three. Using a system like Brendan's 4-4-2 diamond I think would fit the players in their best positions, but I'm not sure it would get the best out of them.

Alock1

If we announced he was gonna be our back up keeper next season I'd be ecstatic.

Silverman

Is Blind good enough? I know he is an improvement on what we have but will he be able to compete with City's, Chelsea's or Arsenal's midfield?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

hmmm....
Why would Ajax come to us, surely it's the buying club that would send people to the selling club?

It's possible that Edwin's visit is much more innocent.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why would Ajax come to us, surely it's the buying club that would send people to the selling club?

It's possible that Edwin's visit is much more innocent.
But where's the fun in that?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Is Blind good enough? I know he is an improvement on what we have but will he be able to compete with City's, Chelsea's or Arsenal's midfield?
He'd be a squad player here, but an improvement on Fletcher, Cleverley, Fellaini, Anderson.

steeeb

No. But his versatility makes him a good player to have at the moment. He's also more likely to take to the philosophy than others.

Alock1

I don't think he's better than what Arsenal have in midfield, nor do I think he and Herrera would be a midfield that's on a similar level to Arsenal's.
Nor do I.

Carrick, Herrera and Di Maria though.

Silverman

He'd be a squad player here, but an improvement on Fletcher, Cleverley, Fellaini, Anderson.
No. But his versatility makes him a good player to have at the moment. He's also more likely to take to the philosophy than others.
That's what I was thinking. He would be a good player to have if our midfield was in a strong position but I won't be too impressed if he is our only midfield signing between now and the end of the window. We need players of Vidal or Khedira's quality.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
I don't think he's better than what Arsenal have in midfield, nor do I think he and Herrera would be a midfield that's on a similar level to Arsenal's.
In fairness, on paper, Arsenal's midfield looks extremely good
But on the pitch, they have about as much fight and as much bite as a sleeping cricket when it's put up to them.

Even our grim midfield has put it up to them over recent years

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I wonder if we might give Ajax one or two of our young prospects in the Blind deal.

Would be good for whoever to go over and get some experience in their squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.