Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
a case of lost in translation when british media reports information from spanish media. They forgot to mention the £500k a week are after tax.

As it turns out, they lost forgot to mention signing bonus, loyalty bonus, tax evasion bonus, etc. Messi is on 104m euros a year gross, excluding performance-related bonuses. Around 50m euros a year after tax, minimum. Could go as far as 127m a year if all performance bonuses are met.

Neymar's 30+m a year are also supposedly after tax. Cristiano is on around 20-25m a year after tax

RedRover

What is it with Arsenal and their constant cheapskating??? I really don't get it?
Why should they go in with a big offer first off? He’s not playing because he’s trouble and nobody else seems to want him.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Why should they go in with a big offer first off? He’s not playing because he’s trouble and nobody else seems to want him.
I'd hardly call £53m a big offer and they know that's what Dortmund are after. They tried to be clever with the Suarez deal and left it late with the Lemar deal. They're really crap with transfers. I would have thought in their position they wouldn't want to be messing about and just getting things sorted quickly. For the sake of £13m they're going to drag this out?

RedRover

I'd hardly call £53m a big offer and they know that's what Dortmund are after. They tried to be clever with the Suarez deal and left it late with the Lemar deal. They're really crap with transfers. I would have thought in their position they wouldn't want to be messing about and just getting things sorted quickly. For the sake of £13m they're going to drag this out?
It’s relatively early the window. And Suarez wasn’t for sale. This lad seems to be trouble and frankly, if Arsenal is the most likely destination that suggests he’s not got a lot of options. Arsenal hold the cards here, if he wants the move, which it seems he does.

And to save £13 million? If I was them I’d drag it out. If he doesn’t go now then Dortmund have an unhappy player for at least another 6 months, by which time his value will have dropped anyway. He’s worth too much as an asset to let rot in the reserves for a club that size.

Status
Not open for further replies.