Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silas

Didn't he kick up a massive stink about not playing not that long ago? What a stupid move.
I was thinking the same. The rumours of Hazard to Madrid probably gave him some hope.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Meanwhile German press reports Chelsea is preparing a (insulting) winter bid for winger Leon Bailey of Bayer Leverkusen, who is the highest rated player in the Bundesliga currently. Good news for Musonda and his new five year contract. :lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Delaney also writes that Mourinho wants Weigl if there's money left over.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I was thinking the same. The rumours of Hazard to Madrid probably gave him some hope.
The only thing I can think is they've promised him something in return for signing the contract. Seems very odd indeed!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I've heard that the Chelsea youngsters have to sign long term deals before they are allowed to go on loan.

No deal and you rot in the reserves.
Yeah, I read that on here somewhere. Would fit the rumour!

prateik

It makes no sense. he has a release clause which I am assuming we would be willing to pay. Why would Atleti want to sell to a rival and not prefer selling him to a club in a different league?

Unless the player prefers the move, which he might.. But his representation saying a deal has been made by the two clubs doesnt sound too plausible.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's Fine if true tbh. Feck griezmann. Didn't care much about him since he flirted with other clubs on a mark out of 10 level on public talk shows.

Honestly I'd rather we splashed out on Delli Ali.

prateik

I dont care either. I want a pacey winger. If we go 4-3-3, we need a midfielder and a winger. If we go 5-3-2, we need a midfielder and a wingback ?

Bojan11

Not bothered. Means we can go for someone like Dybala.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I've heard that the Chelsea youngsters have to sign long term deals before they are allowed to go on loan.

No deal and you rot in the reserves.
Yeah, his old contract expired in 2019. Was a similar story with Zouma and that Lucas Piazon who has been there since 2012, has had five loans and is about to turn 24 in January.

Damien

Staff
As for Griezmann, MD is pretty rubbish. No idea where he'd fit in as all of Suarez, Messi, Dembele and Griezmann would want to start, plus if they're still interested in Coutinho...

For us I think a right winger is more important. Hope we're not planning on Bale with his injury record.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Why would a club tweet a transfer rumor from the Mirror? Not even a re-tweet, an actual tweet.
You know you're small time when your official club news outlets have to try and get the rumours circulating.

Sid234

Weigl hasn't been all that great this season. I'd be very surprised if we move for him January.

I don't know why but it really bothers me when clubs like Arsenal and City post transfer rumours on social media. Just seems unprofessional

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Chelsea signing Leon Bailey for cheap only for him to look phenomenal in a year would be absolutely typical. We need to prioritise that kind of profile of player. Young, ready to break into the next level, amazing potential.

The last player we signed like that was Martial, we should be doing it more.

United_We_Stand

Meanwhile German press reports Chelsea is preparing a (insulting) winter bid for winger Leon Bailey of Bayer Leverkusen, who is the highest rated player in the Bundesliga currently. Good news for Musonda and his new five year contract. :lol:
Chelsea signing Leon Bailey for cheap only for him to look phenomenal in a year would be absolutely typical. We need to prioritise that kind of profile of player. Young, ready to break into the next level, amazing potential.

The last player we signed like that was Martial, we should be doing it more.
AFAIK Leon Bailey to Chelsea rumors are based on an exclusive story by Phil Cadden (haven't heard of him before) for The Sun.

This sounds like nonsense to me, especially the quoted £20million number.

Last edited:

Devil may care

Even if there is a deal to be done it wont be for £20M, not in this market and not in January.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Why would a club tweet a transfer rumor from the Mirror? Not even a re-tweet, an actual tweet.
Is that even allowed? Does it not class as tapping up in some manner? I suppose it doesn’t, it just seems wrong

United_We_Stand

Mundo Deportivo: Philipe Coutinho is still Barcelona's number one target for the January window. The Catalan side could axe five players in January to free up capital and space on the wage bill. Javier Mascherano, Arda Turan, Aleix Vidal, Rafinha and Gerard Delofeu are among those linked with a move away.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Mundo Deportivo: Philipe Coutinho is still Barcelona's number one target for the January window. The Catalan side could axe five players in January to free up capital and space on the wage bill. Javier Mascherano, Arda Turan, Aleix Vidal, Rafinha and Gerard Delofeu are among those linked with a move away.
Would they raise enough money selling any of them? None of them get the blood racing.

Trizy

Hasn't he been starting for them for a while? Why would they suddenly drop him?
Haven't clicked it but I bet there isn't even a quote or source. Shit news paper.

However, I hope it's not true. He deserves to start elsewhere because he's brilliant but i'm gonna be greedy and want him to say as our no.2.

prath92

Marca apparently reports that RM will sign Kepa in the first week of January.

Could be the end of DDG to RM saga for the foreseeable future at least

Damien

Staff

Marca apparently reports that RM will sign Kepa in the first week of January.

Could be the end of DDG to RM saga for the foreseeable future at least
Marca change their minds on whether Kepa to Madrid will happen every week.

Hasn't he been starting for them for a while? Why would they suddenly drop him?
Rulli is a regular for Sociedad but he doesn't have a single cap for Argentina so would be a bit weird for them to just throw him in at the deep end for the World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.