Transfer Tweets - 2017 | When posting a tweet in a foreign language, post English translation too

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
This one baffles me, Wolfsburg having such a terrible season it seems like a step down considering they won't be in Europe next season. Considering teams like Arsenal were being linked with him previously?
Not had a good season by all accounts so most top clubs will have lost a bit of interest for now. Wolfsburg is a step up for him, imo. The dutch league is crap.

Nick7

This one baffles me, Wolfsburg having such a terrible season it seems like a step down considering they won't be in Europe next season. Considering teams like Arsenal were being linked with him previously?
Why go to Arsenal to sit on the bench when he can go play football and make himself a bigger name?

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
It might not have been his first choice club but I guess he just wants to play football. Don't think of this as one of our top players leaving for a better league. Bazoer hardly even played for us, he usually just watched the games from the bench. His last game was probably 2 months ago.
He left for a team that will give him time on the pitch because he doesn't have the will or patience (or believe or whatever else) to fight his way back into the team.

Dave_MUFC

It might not have been his first choice club but I guess he just wants to play football. Don't think of this as one of our top players leaving for a better league. Bazoer hardly even played for us, he usually just watched the games from the bench. His last game was probably 2 months ago.
He left for a team that will give him time on the pitch because he doesn't have the will or patience (or believe or whatever else) to fight his way back into the team.
Thanks for the insight. So it seems to be more of a mentality thing than talent.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
Thanks for the insight. So it seems to be more of a mentality thing than talent.
Well kind of but it's not that easy. He just hasn't been very good for a long while now. Second half of last season he was pretty bad and de Boer even seemed to lose confidence in him towards the end of the season.
Then Bosz came in and he got his new chance to become a starter but again he wasn't good enough. The way he reacted to being dropped was poor and is why he left now but he didn't get dropped because of that. He got dropped because other players were better. You shouldn't forget that while he is talented he hasn't shown that he is more talented than several other midfielders we have. In fact other players have shown a lot more.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
£24m. Not even half an Oscar.

saivet

I still think Morgan is a decent player, although limited in offensive regards. Koeman trying to replicate his Southampton team. Not much creativity in the likes of Schneiderlin, Gueye, Barry or McCarthy

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Wow. If true, getting 24M will be good business from us for a change. We usually lose at both ends, buying and selling. I am sure at Everton, he will again look a quality player.

bucky

Di Marzio report the Argentine is viewed as a priority for Los Che following on from a meeting between manager Cesare Prandelli and owner Peter Lim in Singapore earlier this week, in which the January transfer window and player arrivals and departures were the focus.

Nickosaur

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Valencia can feck off.
Incredible what can change in a few months. In the summer the number on here who would have wanted to keep Rojo around would have been minuscule.

United Pro

Incredible what can change in a few months. In the summer the number on here who would have wanted to keep Rojo around would have been minuscule.
I still think long term we should sell him. But I don't think we'd be able to get a replacement for a decent fee in Jan, so there would be little point in selling (especially with Bailly leaving for AFCON next month.)

Nickosaur

I still think long term we should sell him. But I don't think we'd be able to get a replacement for a decent fee in Jan, so there would be little point in selling (especially with Bailly leaving for AFCON next month.)
Yeah maybe we evaluate end of the season. Part of me just thinks it's good form, I'm still dubious as to his talent. But credit where it's due, he's made a lot of us rethink about him.

United Pro

Yeah maybe we evaluate end of the season. Part of me just thinks it's good form, I'm still dubious as to his talent. But credit where it's due, he's made a lot of us rethink about him.
Exactly. He's in good form, bar the 2 horror tackles which he really needs to iron out of his game. But I think we should be trying for a higher level CB in the long run. Saying that, Rojo, on form, is a very decent squad player to have around.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Pretty much getting our money back?
This is the advantage that big clubs have now that everyone has money in the Premier League. You can sell unwanted players for large sums that you wouldn't normally get. We got £15 million for Ibe.

Devil81

Believe it or not, now is the best time to sell him in terms of transfer fee.

We'd get more in his current form than we ever would.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

France Football saying newly-promoted Chinese side Tianjin Songjiang is ready to offer 50 million euros for Cavani and they also want to sign Pastore.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Rojo playing really well - lets sell him :houllier:

OohAahMartial

From the press conference its clear we won't actively sell or buy but may replace those that want to leave. And presumably fairly like for like replacements-although our squad is bigger than Mou usually likes so maybe no need to even replace.

Dion

It's ridiculous. I don't understand some fans.
Well it's relatively simple, if you believe that Rojo is in fact playing way above his level currently and that won't last for a prolonged period (which is what evidence suggest) then it makes sense to sell him now.

Zoo

Good chance nobody in that photo will be playing for us next season.
Rojo surely will now. Even he drops down the pecking order at CB, Mourinho will still value his ability to play two positions.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

From watching a video of him he seems like a very attacking fullback. Taking those long runs to overlap and his crossing + passing is very good.

Could be something in this.

Edit: He got 10 assists last year :eek:

diarm

France Football saying newly-promoted Chinese side Tianjin Songjiang is ready to offer 50 million euros for Cavani and they also want to sign Pastore.
Can't believe that Chinese club are offering 90 million Euro for Cavani!

As for selling players to make good money while they're playing well. Why the hell would we do that? What is the benefit to the club of making an extra 5 million on a transfer, when we've invested so much time in a player who is finally bearing fruit?

We sell noodles and vacuum cleaners in Asia to make money. Not footballers. We're not Porto or Southampton.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
From watching a video of him he seems like a very attacking fullback. Taking those long runs to overlap and his crossing + passing is very good.

Could be something in this.

Edit: He got 10 assists last year :eek:
Yeah but that's in the Eredivisie. In the Premiership that's like -3 assists.

Georgan

Yeah but that's in the Eredivisie. In the Premiership that's like -3 assists.
To be fair, when we played against them in the EL, he stood out as a very good player. Caught my eye when we played in Rotterdam, completely nullified our left flank. I personally hope there's something in this rumour as I seriously was hoping we caught some interest in Karlsdorp.

Thankfully apparently José noticed that there was a good player in the making in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.