Transfer Tweets - 2017 | When posting a tweet in a foreign language, post English translation too

Status
Not open for further replies.

salford_

Their business since last summer has been woeful. Ben Arfa has been poor, Jese is already leaving next month, Krychowiak been poor too, Meunier has been the best of the bunch. If they can get Draxler playing well week in week out (good luck with that one) then Ben Arfa will be gone in the summer, and i think they may sell Di Maria or Lucas

salford_

£200m on Centre backs is absolutely hilarious tbf. VVD is good but he wont solve their problems. They need to actually sign proven top class quality, not someone who looks good for a season. Stones, Mangala spring to mind

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
£200m on Centre backs is absolutely hilarious tbf. VVD is good but he wont solve their problems. They need to actually sign proven top class quality, not someone who looks good for a season. Stones, Mangala spring to mind
£200m on CBs alone is worse than any overspending accusation one can level against us. It's simply ridiculous.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
£200 on centre backs would be ok if you ended up with a rock-solid defence that never conceded. The more they spend the more they concede, it's like some weird error strewn paradox.

VVD I like though, he seems genuinely comfortable on the ball unlike Stones, who has the same confidence and composure I had right before I lost my virginity

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Decent offer but i want minimum £45m, especially after they fleeced us big time for Fellaini!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If it's £40m it sounds about right. Don't think we were ever going to get anything more than that. Even €40m is still £34m, which works out to £16m a piece - can't really complain.

Edit: the Italian journalist who works with Di Marzio replied to a tweet and said it's £40m.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I'd rather we sell Schneiderlin to WBA on a cheapie. If Everton want Depay they can have him for £35m.

Hojoon

40m for two players who barely make the bench is good business. Get a solid 150-180k off the wage bill as well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
40m for the two would be a good deal. Pretty fair for all parties actually. Hope it goes through.

3KDré

40m for two players who barely make the bench is good business. Get a solid 150-180k off the wage bill as well.
I think it's even more than that!

It's good we get them out of this club. Hopefully we include a buyback clause though just in case they decide to become good players.

Gerald G

Nah I want £50m for the both of them or they can have Schneiderling for £20m or £25m and can take Depay on loan.

Rake

45 mil would be the max we can get and I'd be happy with 40. Major flop and a player who never really did anything to prove he is a good fit for a top club.

finndt

That´s how i see it also. Pounds, euros, dollars i don't care tbh. It won´t rock this boat that much. Still it kind of pisses me off that we buy players without giving them a proper chance. Millions and millions time after time for players just to see their market value go down and then sell them on? I do understand that each manager have their own strategy and certain type of players they think they need, but sometimes this fecking circus seems so short sighted that it´s hard to believe it´s a business worth billions run by professionals.

I´m not a huge fan of either of them, but we will never know if Schneiderlin would´ve been a huge success for us. Yes, he seems average when he gets his few minutes every now and then, but midfielders like him need a run of games to establish themselves and make people realise their importance. They are not the kind of show ponies who come in with 15 minutes left and mesmerize everybody with their stepovers and screamers. I´ve said it before, Schneiderlin was a vital part of a very strong side before he joined us.

My point, if there´s one is that IF we spend millions on a player. We at least find out what he can do for us before we decide to cut our losses. But these two are as good as gone, so 40m (whateverfeckingcurrencyitis) is a decent offer and i doubt we get better one.

Kostur

海尔的老板
If Chelsea are Waitrose, we're Lidl. Flogging top brands for rock bottom prices.
If we talk about the two it's more like two 'top brands' somebody took a shit/peed on really, hence the price.

IMO it's a decent enough deal given that they probably aren't huge fans of Far East culture.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Surely we'd be slightly smart and include sell on clauses on both considering they managed to get 50m for Stones, 24m for Lescott and 27m for a dandelion with elbows.

finndt

Surely we'd be slightly smart and include sell on clauses on both considering they managed to get 50m for Stones, 24m for Lescott and 27m for a dandelion with elbows.
We really should. And option to buy them back as well. If Memphis somehow found his feet it would be painful to watch him fly in an other top club.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
We really should. And option to buy them back as well. If Memphis somehow found his feet it would be painful to watch him fly in an other top club.
Think a first option and sell on clauses would be more realistic, doubt either the players or Everton would agree to a buy back clause.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Could be a steal for them if both players get back to form
What form (Depay)? The usual bashing of grade C defenders and disappearing against any half decent defences? He might be talented but he has the attitude of an absolute flop and my bet is that he'll be gone from the PL within two years.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Nah I want £50m for the both of them or they can have Schneiderling for £20m or £25m and can take Depay on loan.
I'am thinking the same.

£40m is just dirtass cheap for 2 players in the premier league. Would also rather see Depay go on a loan, still think he can turn out to be a good player.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'am thinking the same.

£40m is just dirtass cheap for 2 players in the premier league. Would also rather see Depay go on a loan, still think he can turn out to be a good player.
Taking an 8m loss is not so bad tbh

AndyJ1985

£40m for two players we have no use for is good business. The pair of them have been shite and I'm glad we're getting rid of more deadwood. If it were up to some people on this forum we'd have a massively bloated squad, an enormous wage bill, and all our flops would be out on loan until they retired.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
£40m for two players we have no use for is good business. The pair of them have been shite and I'm glad we're getting rid of more deadwood. If it were up to some people on this forum we'd have a massively bloated squad, an enormous wage bill, and all our flops would be out on loan until they retired.
I'd rather see we stopped buying every player for a monster transfer fee just to sell them for peanuts only a season later.

Status
Not open for further replies.