Transfer Tweets - 2017 | When posting a tweet in a foreign language, post English translation too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
That was a shocker I had a coupon up (6 team roll up) that paid very nicely only to hand it over at the bookies to be told the game had finished 4-4! I had seen it to 4-0 I think and never checked the result of that game as I thought Arsenal had obviously won it was a shocker I could have cried!
You'd feel that one wouldn't you. Right in the gut.

Robertd0803

Yep sure did I still shake my head at it even now. I had a similar one with West Ham to win the league under Big Sam and they chucked it away going up in a play off I think. I had Swindon on the roll up at 16/1 it paid around 16 grand and because West Ham failed me and my mate got about 800 quid each instead in our multi bet leagues and champions league bets that year. Hated big Sam ever since lol.
A justifiable reason :)

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Glad that didn't happen. Decent player but not productive enough. Pedro has been better for the renties.
They've been about the same, really. He was amazing last season and after the loss of his moth earlier this season is now getting back to his best.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
They've been about the same, really. He was amazing last season and after the loss of his moth earlier this season is now getting back to his best.
He wasn't THAT great last season, he just played better than most of his team mates.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
He wasn't THAT great last season, he just played better than most of his team mates.
I mean, he wasn't Team of the Season great, but he was one of the 2-3 best wide players in the league last season.

Still, he's very much underrated. Perfect Mourinho player and you can tell why he still wants him.

m1y2

Willian would be actually an decent upgrade on Lingard, great work ethic and little bit more flair on him along with good set piece delivery.. I guess his wages would be way higher than Jesse's though and not sure if he wanted to play a squad role, Mou might start him over more talented Martial too so do not want

Red_toad

Willian would be actually an decent upgrade on Lingard, great work ethic and little bit more flair on him along with good set piece delivery.. I guess his wages would be way higher than Jesse's though and not sure if he wanted to play a squad role, Mou might start him over more talented Martial too so do not want
When did Willian start playing left wing?

AndyJ1985

Yeah that sort of nonsense won't work at Bayern. They are far too well run to let jumped up little shits dictate to them.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I find it amazing that he's their fourth most expensive signing, and he only cost €30m! (Source = Wiki)

cyberman

Brilliant from bayern, hope more clubs can have balls to have similar stance.
If a Man City and a Chelsea played in Germany it would work though.
Juventus and PSG can also take that stance. Good look getting better wages at our rivals, off you go.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Brilliant from bayern, hope more clubs can have balls to have similar stance.
I too think it is a brilliant stance, but I also think it should be taken privately. Making a player look foolish in public doesn't seem like good leadership to me. Can easily tell him or his agent that they aren't interested in his posturing. Why use the press?

CM

Is that the second press conference in a row they've discussed summer transfers? Do they realise it's only February?

Strats

He got what he wanted last summer, I'm sure he will get the players he wants this summer aswell. Our team on paper will probably look very, very good. Hopefully we'll gel more as a team.

Devil81

Does what he want, want to play Europa league football, I wonder..

We better get our finger out of our arses and get that top four spot.

bucky

Saying him as right back when he has spent like over a year as midfielder seems to make this sound unreliable, no?

IMO, he's good on the right, but his best is on the left wing.
City could use him in both positions and we need players in both positions as well.

Jaxa

i have nothing but respect for Bayern in the way they run there club, people can have a go for them poaching the best German players in the league but we used to do the same, there Business model is admirable and when it comes to contract's etc I wish we had the balls they did some times

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
i have nothing but respect for Bayern in the way they run there club, people can have a go for them poaching the best German players in the league but we used to do the same, there Business model is admirable and when it comes to contract's etc I wish we had the balls they did some times
They're such a well run club that they always negotiate from a position of power, same with Barca, they can just say you'll get a good wage and you'll be constantly competing for trophies, or go somewhere else for more money and we'll just get someone who wants to play here.

Whereas we are negotiating from a position of weakness, no trophies, lack of champions league, we give all the power to players and the agents, as soon as we get back to competing for both champions league and our league I'd want us to take the stance of both Barca and Bayern (difficult with the money in our league) with lesser players like Young/Fellaini!

Status
Not open for further replies.