Transfer Tweets - 2017 | When posting a tweet in a foreign language, post English translation too

Status
Not open for further replies.

lysglimt

Scout
There's only a few players left that were here when Evra was and only one with any power to make it difficult for him, and no I don't think Rooney would do that so it's probably a suit that he had an issue with.
I seriously doubt it was a player. How would that go ? Mourinho getting the players together - "anyone with a problem about Evra ?" One of the players lift his hand saying "Boss - don't want him back here" and Mourinho replies "Well of course we will listen to you and not sign him" :)
Somehow I doubt that the players would even be informed!

WhoDaGOAT

Shaw wouldn't have any sway over a deal for Evra. It could only be a board member - most likely Woodward.
Shaw's agent wouldn't take kindly to us signing a player to play in his position. He barely plays as it is.

Nor would Woodward prevent Mourinho from signing a player if he actually wanted him.

Fracture90

Ok so both Hamsik and Mertens scored hat-trick for Napoli, Parolo scored 4 for Lazio today and Celtic'a Dembele scored a hat-trick as well.

Expect them all linked with us come Monday, courtesy of English press.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Don't think he's playing so much now Ribery and Robben are back, I mean people talk about Jose not playing youth but Ancelotti is even worse.
I remember he started his Bayern career extremely well and was outstanding in a lot of games. Did his form drop?

Devil81

Don't think he's playing so much now Ribery and Robben are back, I mean people talk about Jose not playing youth but Ancelotti is even worse.
Douglas Costa is hardly a youth and it's hardly a surprise he's being kept out of the team by those two legends of the game.

Devil may care

I remember he started his Bayern career extremely well and was outstanding in a lot of games. Did his form drop?
A bit yes, in truth he started off playing well beyond what I'd seen from him at Shaktar, but he also suffered from the positional shifts Guardiola made, putting him on the RW at times and even as a AM, where he had the blistering form playing as a pure left winger.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
A bit yes, in truth he started off playing well beyond what I'd seen from him at Shaktar, but he also suffered from the positional shifts Guardiola made, putting him on the RW at times and even as a AM, where he had the blistering form playing as a pure left winger.
Seems like Kingsley Coman hasn't been playing much either.

edit: fecking autocorrect.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is Costa really good anyway? I know he's very fast, but isn't that sort of where he ends?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is Costa really good anyway? I know he's very fast, but isn't that sort of where he ends?
He is fast, he is a good dribbler, he has a good kicking technique and he is generally a good player for a very good team.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Douglas Costa isn't exactly young (26). Bayern's winger situation is a bit weird though. Feels like both Ribery and Robben have been around for decades yet they're only 33. Old for wingers but doesn't seem like their careers at Bayern are at an end.

Omar Little

Francester United confirmed, then.
Think Lacazette is a good striker and for a while, he would have been a favourite signing of mine. However, I've got used to having a big, powerful target man up front, so would rather go with Lukaku. Saying that, I wouldn't be disappointed with Lacazette!

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Depends on the prices quoted. Everton would probably want a king's ransom for Lukaku (PL proven etc.) If Lacazette would be available for Martial range fees (<£ 40M) vs Lukaku at ~£70, I'd probably go for the former, especially with the transfer for Griezmann going for about £100M.

Nick.

If Costa isn't good enough for Bayern (and I'm sure I've read that there's some feeling that he's a level or two below Robben) is he good enough for us?

I know we're nowhere near their level right now but we are aspiring to reach that level once more after all.

Cheekiey

If Costa isn't good enough for Bayern (and I'm sure I've read that there's some feeling that he's a level or two below Robben) is he good enough for us?

I know we're nowhere near their level right now but we are aspiring to reach that level once more after all.
I'd say a when playing regularly he's on par with How Micky is playing right now

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
If Lukaku goes back to Chelsea he can feck off.

Not that I even want him here but have some fecking self respect.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Tubby feck. Remember that goal V Arsenal in the 4-4.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Caceres apparently set for So'ton medical ahead of a free transfer. A decent deal to help them with van Dijk out and all.

Lawman

Tubby feck. Remember that goal V Arsenal in the 4-4.
That was a shocker I had a coupon up (6 team roll up) that paid very nicely only to hand it over at the bookies to be told the game had finished 4-4! I had seen it to 4-0 I think and never checked the result of that game as I thought Arsenal had obviously won it was a shocker I could have cried!

Robertd0803

That was a shocker I had a coupon up (6 team roll up) that paid very nicely only to hand it over at the bookies to be told the game had finished 4-4! I had seen it to 4-0 I think and never checked the result of that game as I thought Arsenal had obviously won it was a shocker I could have cried!
Man that must have sucked. :lol:

Lawman

Man that must have sucked. :lol:
Yep sure did I still shake my head at it even now. I had a similar one with West Ham to win the league under Big Sam and they chucked it away going up in a play off I think. I had Swindon on the roll up at 16/1 it paid around 16 grand and because West Ham failed me and my mate got about 800 quid each instead in our multi bet leagues and champions league bets that year. Hated big Sam ever since lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.