Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

haram

Its going to cost us to replace him. People want him gone so bad but laugh when West ham value Arnautovic at 50 million. If we had an unlimited budget there is no problem with letting him go.

Zlatattack

He's 29 years old and he's had 1 good season, I think we can do much better for £50M.

And this is not about him being 29, it's about a 10 year career in which he has had 1 decent season.
Didn't realise he was old. I had him at 23-24. :eek:

Now I see what you mean.

Wallez

I do really like Thiago....but Pogba and Thiago as 2 of the 3 central midfielders, neither have much in the way of defensive qualities. Obviously want attacking football but is there perhaps a worry defensively, lets face it most teams seem to cruise past our midfield to our defence as it is this past season
Agreed, Thiago has most of his qualities going forward. However, I don't see that as a problem in a 433 with Matic as a shield in front of our defense.

Zoo

Vrsaljko-Napoli, agreement 25 million plus bonus

Mainoldo

Its going to cost us to replace him. People want him gone so bad but laugh when West ham value Arnautovic at 50 million. If we had an unlimited budget there is no problem with letting him go.
Rather pay £50m for Arnautovic. The problem is he doesn’t actually need replacing. That’s what Mourinho needs to get over.

gr3yham3

Although the RB spot is not the most urgent concern for us, he's the best available RB and IMO we will regret not singing him. He's an upgrade on Valencia (esp offensively).
Think if we get Dalot he will more than make up for this. Still don't think we should have an entirely new back 4 next season.

Morpheus 7

It's a joke we weren't in for Sidibe, he's exactly what we need. Instead going for a teenager we never heard of, has only been playing since the new year and will likely be a sub for most of next year.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Think if we get Dalot he will more than make up for this. Still don't think we should have an entirely new back 4 next season.
How so? Dalot has only started 5 games for Porto. Sidibe is an experienced first teamer with bags of European and Domestic experience. It's like comparing a kitten with a lion.

Rajma

It's a joke we weren't in for Sidibe, he's exactly what we need. Instead going for a teenager we never heard of, has only been playing since the new year and will likely be a sub for most of next year.
Do you watch him play regularly? Whenever I've seen their clashes against PSG or in CL he wasn't really all that and I glad we passed on him.

Morpheus 7

Do you watch him play regularly? Whenever I've seen their clashes against PSG or in CL he wasn't really all that and I glad we passed on him.
I would be lying if I fair I watched him every week but I've seen him play enough games. He could be better at crossing it but he's great at building the play up and good at the back. I'm just dreading both Young and Valencia starting again, we won't be winning the league if they play regular. It's so painfully obvious now and no real signs of that changing.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
As our two transfers edge closer to the finish line, I wonder if there's a chance of a double unveiling next to each other :drool:

Nick7

How so? Dalot has only started 5 games for Porto. Sidibe is an experienced first teamer with bags of European and Domestic experience. It's like comparing a kitten with a lion.
Games played has absolutely no bearing on talent.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
As our two transfers edge closer to the finish line, I wonder if there's a chance of a double unveiling next to each other :drool:
Don't think we will do it. They can make social media talk about them for at least 2 days if both are unveiled on separate days. Woodward will be mentioning about how many times ManUtd or the players were mentioned in his next investor meeting.

izec

Dalot is not an issue, he is cheap and talented. We still need a LB or RB, depending on where Dalot will play. Sidibe would definitely be someone we could bring in alongside Dalot and be done with the fullbacks. I assume Sandro will stay at Juve, so better get the next best fullback

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Games played has absolutely no bearing on talent.
All to do with talent. Lad we're signing played a few games in a row and then got pushed out of the squad again. It's not like a young player breaking through and being part of the first team indefinetly. To expect him to come and push Valencia for the first team spot is highly unlikely and annoyingly thats what we really need right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.