Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick7

All to do with talent. Lad we're signing played a few games in a row and then got pushed out of the squad again. It's not like a young player breaking through and being part of the first team indefinetly. To expect him to come and push Valencia for the first team spot is highly unlikely and annoyingly thats what we really need right now.
I mean you could mention some shite right back playing at Swansea and say he's played a bunch of first team games. Sidibe is good, but very clearly has a limit on how good he'll be. We're obviously buying Dalot with a view that he will be a great right back. I don't think we need a right back as much as we need a left back, midfielder, or right winger. I'm sure it's far down José's priority list too

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I mean you could mention some shite right back playing at Swansea and say he's played a bunch of first team games. Sidibe is good, but very clearly has a limit on how good he'll be. We're obviously buying Dalot with a view that he will be a great right back. I don't think we need a right back as much as we need a left back, midfielder, or right winger. I'm sure it's far down José's priority list too
I actually disagree, I think right back along with right winger are urgent. But this is a twitter thread so guess we better stop and take it to a different thread.

Vanya

Think if we get Dalot he will more than make up for this. Still don't think we should have an entirely new back 4 next season.
While I do understand where you're coming from I think its not a good enough reason to miss out on a very good RB.

Especially because its not necessary that two new defenders (in this case new RB and LB) would struggle under a defensive minded coach like Mourinho. (Even city managed fine with Walker and Mendy/Laporte albeit for a few games)

I feel we could have that problem with attackers. But usually Mourinho's defensive organization makes it easier for new defenders to adapt. Moroever he historically doesn't tinker with his back line much .so even if we sign yet another defender (CB) and we play 3 new defenders in a back 4, they will get a an extensive run of games in order to get used to each other.

Edit- I also don't get the signing of Dalot. We have a young RB in Fosu Mensah. Why do we need Dalot? I think Valencia has another year at the top. Will Dalot be ready in a years time to start for us? Sidibe is entering his peak. It made perfect sense to sign him.

Last edited:

Sanche7

Don't think it would be wise to replace 3/4 of our back line in one go.
Also Mou trusts Valencia and he can cover for another year, especially if we get a really good RW.
The Dalot kid can step up as he looks physically ready and has all the essential tools

Also regarding Sidibe, he's good but from what I've seen, his defensive game can improve and also sometimes his touch can be a bit too heavy.
Yes he's miles better than Valencia but maybe Monaco wanted 50 million for him as they sold Fabinho for that amount. The scouts may have felt that he's not worth the amount especially since we have far more important positions to fill like LB, CB and CM

Zoo

Agreed, replacing 3 of the back 4 then working out who the other starting CB is going to be is simply unrealistic.

Valencia is getting on but is still a good player who was playing whilst managing a knee injury last season. Hopefully the summer off will help him in that regard.

gr3yham3

Don't think it would be wise to replace 3/4 of our back line in one go.
Also Mou trusts Valencia and he can cover for another year, especially if we get a really good RW.
The Dalot kid can step up as he looks physically ready and has all the essential tools

Also regarding Sidibe, he's good but from what I've seen, his defensive game can improve and also sometimes his touch can be a bit too heavy.
Yes he's miles better than Valencia but maybe Monaco wanted 50 million for him as they sold Fabinho for that amount. The scouts may have felt that he's not worth the amount especially since we have far more important positions to fill like LB, CB and CM
This. And if we sign Sidibe, I don't think Dalot will come as his route to the first team will be blocked by a player who is in his prime. If Dalot is as highly rated as he seems, he will take over Valencia in a year or even less, like the Rafael-g.nev transition but without injury issues.

Josep Dowling

We want to sell, he wants to go.

We didn't pay that much for him and he has declined over the last 2 years.

Its a fair price, even in this crazy market.

Would you rather we priced him at 25 or 30 million? Be pricing him out of a move. Then we end of with the same problems as the last 2 years. We need to trim the squad and get some quality in

Blind/Rojo can also leave for a reasonable fee.
No but all other top Premier League clubs can sell their players for good money except us. There is only one reason, our wages for these players are too high. The whole squad is paid too much. We have the third highest wage budget in European football but no where near competing for our domestic league let alone the Champions League. Prime example, Sanchez. On ridiculous money. Has been crap since he joined. Can we get rid of him now if he doesn't perform next season? No chance. Bastian before that. The likes of Lingard and A. Young on over £100k a week. Why are we paying these guys this much money? Maybe we would be able to buy better players if these lot weren't on stupid money.

Doctor Tornasol

Supports
Football
Betis announced Takashi Inui from Eibar.

twitter.com/RealBetis/status/1002486161699319810

I can't insert tweets yet, but you MUST watch that :lol:

midnightmare

Very keen on us getting Dalot. Earlier was on the Sidibe bandwagon, I’ll admit (before hearing of Dalot) but felt underwhelmed. He’s played for a couple of years and never looked like a world-beater. I’d rather us take the risk of buying a young kid who could become a true world-beater. If we have to get away from mediocrity, we could either buy the world’s best for the position OR take a punt on a guy who could become that. We can’t buy Carvajal, so may as well invest in a guy who can become the top player we want.

There are other areas (RW, MF, LB) where we’ll be forced to spunk out a lot more money and buy established starters anyway.

Sanche7

Very keen on us getting Dalot. Earlier was on the Sidibe bandwagon, I’ll admit (before hearing of Dalot) but felt underwhelmed. He’s played for a couple of years and never looked like a world-beater. I’d rather us take the risk of buying a young kid who could become a true world-beater. If we have to get away from mediocrity, we could either buy the world’s best for the position OR take a punt on a guy who could become that. We can’t buy Carvajal, so may as well invest in a guy who can become the top player we want.

There are other areas (RW, MF, LB) where we’ll be forced to spunk out a lot more money and buy established starters anyway.
This

F1D

Christ, this is so bad that it's actually very good :lol:

Doctor Tornasol

Supports
Football
Translation of Inui's video:

-WHAT'S YOUR DESIRE?
-We want a winger!
-GRANTED.

--------------

-No, no, no... I want this!
...Mucho Betis! (Betis supporters motto, literally "A lot of Betis", it's like a "Go Betis!" anyway)

--------------

-We got it! Now on to the next one!

Last edited:

Fridge chutney

The Fellaini transfer sagas, from when we paid £4M above his release clause to now when he's "holding us for ransom", must be the saddest transfer sagas surrounding one player in our history.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
All the clubs are trying to outdo each other with their transfer announcement vids, last year it was Besiktas, this year we have Roma and now Betis :lol:

Craig Ward

No but all other top Premier League clubs can sell their players for good money except us. There is only one reason, our wages for these players are too high. The whole squad is paid too much. We have the third highest wage budget in European football but no where near competing for our domestic league let alone the Champions League. Prime example, Sanchez. On ridiculous money. Has been crap since he joined. Can we get rid of him now if he doesn't perform next season? No chance. Bastian before that. The likes of Lingard and A. Young on over £100k a week. Why are we paying these guys this much money? Maybe we would be able to buy better players if these lot weren't on stupid money.
While I agree you have a point regarding the wages, I don't think you can blame darmians lack of transfer fee on high wages. He wont be on mega bucks.

We are selling him for a realistic price. He hasn't improved, his value hasn't increased since he joined us so why should we drive the price up? We want him out just as much as he wants to go. Its a deal that suits us both.

You have a very good point RE: Sanchez. Paying him the amount we do at this stage of his career with no re-sale value or unlikely to move on in 1-2 seasons if he bombs was an idiotic move from our club.

Lingards wages also baffle me, we shouldnt pay squad players that much

bucky

He's 29 years old and he's had 1 good season, I think we can do much better for £50M.

And this is not about him being 29, it's about a 10 year career in which he has had 1 decent season.
@Zlatattack was commenting about the tweet with Felipe Anderson being linked to West Ham.

If you are talking about Arnautovic, then I agree.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Blanc and Grant linked with Chelsea if the Sarri deal falls through.

Status
Not open for further replies.