Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

ti vu

Treble

To be fair you don't know why they won't pay the money. City do seem to not want to shell out over the odds for anyone.
Right, we're just guessing now. All I'm saying is that it makes sense to pay more for Kovacic than for Jorginho.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If Kovacic goes to City I will be extremely pissed. They are welcome to Jorginho.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Perisic could be available again as Inter are in need of cash.

AKDevil

I keep hearing about this Lascelles guy, how good is he? Is he 45 million pounds good?
Very good. Simple, no nonsense defender. That might sound basic but is underrated. Only 23/24. Captain of Newcastle for a couple of seasons at that age impressive. Will improve. £45m is a lot but young English, a captain already and that’s a sign of his value to Newcastle.

Vanya

Honestly don't get the obsession with Kovacic. He's a ball carrier. He adds thrust to the midfield, but he can't control the tempo of the game and passing is not his strongest asset.

IMO a player like Jorginho is unique, his forward passing stats are beaten only by Banega's this season and he makes his team play forward and offers the option of going over the defence for forwards that can time their runs. He is one of the best in world football at that. I don't see how Kovacic can ever be as valuable as Jorginho.

ti vu

From reddit:

The last time United signed a Portuguese and a Brazilian player in one window, it was on the back of a season where we lost the FA Cup Final 1-0 to Chelsea at Wembley and Liverpool reached and lost the Champions League final. The following season we won the Champions League and the Premier League.

This season we also lost the FA Cup Final 1-0 to Chelsea at Wembley while Liverpool lost the CL final.

Last time was in 2007 by the way, when we bought Anderson and Nani, two players that went on to win a measly 21 trophies between them at the club.

:eek::eek:
To add context to this the first Brazillian and Portguese double deal didn't work out immediately (Ronaldo needs time to develop). So to condition for PL & CL double triumph, we needs to add a crock British & traitor of Argentine. So nail on signing Bale and Icardi me think

MDFC Manager

To add context to this the first Brazillian and Portguese double deal didn't work out immediately (Ronaldo needs time to develop). So to condition for PL & CL double triumph, we needs to add a crock British & traitor of Argentine. So nail on signing Bale and Icardi me think
We also needed to have won the league last season, and we didn't come close.

jesperjaap

How much of improvement is Fred to Herrera, New RB- to Valencia and Langlet to Smalling would that be if an improvement? Think if we get a left back and right winger of real quality and Alderweireld then That’s more of an upgrade.
Well they would all be players personally and I expect a lot of others havent seen very much of. Herrera bar a purple patch for about 6 months has flattered to decieve somewhat though in my opnion, love how his attitude comes across but 3 or 4 years in I am still to be convinced he is good enough and Fred has impressed when I have seen him and seems the type of midfielder we need. Looks to be an improvement on the other central midfield options we have for a third spot.

Also many on here seem to think Valencia is awful and desperately needs replacing, I am not one of them. Think he is good for one more season. Has been good as a right back for me, though as a converted winger he hasnt been dynamic going forward. Dalot in my opinion is the ideal type of player to be signed if he is true to the billing, young and extremely talented and able to come in and fight for the place straight away hopefully but with Valencia good for one more year, has the space to bed in too.

Langlet was superb against us in Europe.....though that is all I have seen of him. Think a quality centre back is vital for us this year, both in terms of ball playing and defensively, we need Bailly in the starting line up and the right partner for him. I dont believe the Langlet links myself at all for some reason anyway. ALl of our other centre backs are just average at ebst in my book, many of them have been for years and a couple at least should be shown the door. Alderwerield is the obvious one, would prefer someone a bit younger and injury free myself though.

Lef back Dalot can play there and not even sure we will sign another one. I dont think its as urgent as people say either. One more year for YOung who has done well and one final chance for SHaw is ok for me for one more season.

Do agree with you on the right winger as good and improved Lingard has been not sure he should be a starter there and Mata never was the right player to play there. At the same time I really want to see Angel Gomes break through and there is Chong to follow too

I think Fred and Dalot would be two very good signings of just the type we need and would be significant upgrades both for the coming season and especially longer term. For me t

Bit of a weird one. I am also for signing really talented young players, Dalot for example. But for the right wing a young signing seems a bit strange when we have Angel Gomes and Chong coming through. Apart from the obvious talent of Bale, Griezmann and even Willian, they should be abl eto come in straight away and we have players that could be ready a few months or year down the line, not sure he is the right Man we should be after

Reiver

Transfer window is still young and we've made 2 signings. That's got to be worth at least one picture of Ed looking intense?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Do people really still doubt Woodward? Mind boggling.

I think the saints have learnt their lesson, they won't be doing business with pool if they know what's good for them.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Liverpool in for another Southampton player, what a surprise!
Wouldn't be a transfer window without a Saint's player linked to the scousers.

crossy1686

career ending
Or Martial will be shown the back door and Bale will get 11.
Di Marzio said today that it's likely that Martial will stay now. I think if we get Bale or Griezmann as our RW option, Martial can have no qualms about being on the bench. In current form, what team would he get his name first on the team sheet when you've got a front line of Lukaku, Sanchez, Pogba and Bale/Griezmann. He's kidding himself if he thinks he's done more than any of them to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.