Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanche7

If we are signing SMS, then Fellaini is off 100%.
Also maybe we are just waiting to see if we can get a deal done with Lazio, if we can I think (hope) we will ask Fellaini to do one

cyberman

Why are we so desperate to keep him, sell him off and get some quality in.
He adds height to play against a tight defence or a presence in defence.
It isn't a coincidence that we seem to concede from every other corner when he's injured.

Alabaster Codify7

"His terms" being 140k a week to make 20 substitute appearances for 20mins a time, and start 3 cup games a season.

Club is a joke if we agree to this.

diarm

I'm more worried his terms might include some sort of minimum appearance guarantee.

SER19

Anybody who has seen a bit of Savic able to explain why many seem to think the idea of pogba and he together wouldn’t work. And some guy on twitter says savic pogba Sanchez cant work. From my limited knowledge of savic I don’t see why that wouldn’t work with Matic with the pair of them

Infra-red

Anybody who has seen a bit of Savic able to explain why many seem to think the idea of pogba and he together wouldn’t work. And some guy on twitter says savic pogba Sanchez cant work. From my limited knowledge of savic I don’t see why that wouldn’t work with Matic with the pair of them
They both like to play in an advanced role on the left side of a midfield three. One of them would need to drop in to assist Matic defensively, but neither player is particularly suited to it.

In short, the problem isn't that they can't play together, but rather that playing them together is likely to mean our midfield is quite porous as a result.

TheRedDevil95

I can't say I've watched Savic too much, but I think the general idea is that Pogba, Alexis and Savic all wants to receive the ball in dangerous areas. I know we've seen Pogba drop very deep and act as a playmaker from time to time, but I think most people wants him to make attacking runs and receive the ball in and around the box pretty much like the second goal he scored against City in the derby (I know Alexis provided the ball in that instance which contradicts with what I'm about to say).

If we were to play a front six og lets say Matic, Savic, Pogba, Alexis, Lukaku and Lingard, we're looking at 5/6 players that wants to receive the ball high up the pitch. Who's going to supply those passes? Matic on his own? Having ball-playing centerbacks would be a big help, but if we keep playing Smalling and Jones in central defence, Matic is on one hell of a task if he's going to be the playmaker and provide the passes. And I don't think he's capable of that. Also, would there be room for Pogba, Savic, Lingard, Alexis and Lukaku at the same time when they would most likely all go somewhat central? I don't think so.

That's why I would prefer a playmaker to partner Matic and Pogba instead of a Fellaini 2.0 like Savic. I know Jorginho might be going to City and I honestly don't know much about this guy Fred from Shaktar, but in my opinion we need someone that would be able to hit the likes of Lukaku in the air, find Lingard in the pockets etc. If Savic can do this as well, then I don't see the problem either, but to my understanding he's more of a receiver than a supplier, if that makes sense in English (I'm from Denmark).

Reactions: KM

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
from the clips I've seen, it's probably cause they seem to operate in the same area.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Very similar build and height of all three, even though skill-set is quite different. Many think that midfield 3 would be too slow and Savic is more of an attack minded midfielder, in fact he's been deployed in #10 role for many matches this season and that's why his output has been so good. Pogba is known to abandon his position quite often, if Savic does that on his side too we'd be overrun again.

I hope we steer clear of this signing, not only will he cost an absurd amounts of money. He'll create similar problems which Pogba did (which we're still trying to solve), what we need is a secondary playmaker alongside Matic who is comfortable in possession and help us with speed of our transition.

Hojoon

I'd rather we keep Fellaini for another year as a squad player rather than use our resources for a backup CM when we've got other areas of concern.

SER19

They both like to play in an advanced role on the left side of a midfield three. One of them would need to drop in to assist Matic defensively, but neither player is particularly suited to it.

In short, the problem isn't that they can't play together, but rather that playing them together is likely to mean our midfield is quite porous as a result.
I can't say I've watched Savic too much, but I think the general idea is that Pogba, Alexis and Savic all wants to receive the ball in dangerous areas. I know we've seen Pogba drop very deep and act as a playmaker from time to time, but I think most people wants him to make attacking runs and receive the ball in and around the box pretty much like the second goal he scored against City in the derby (I know Alexis provided the ball in that instance which contradicts with what I'm about to say).

If we were to play a front six og lets say Matic, Savic, Pogba, Alexis, Lukaku and Lingard, we're looking at 5/6 players that wants to receive the ball high up the pitch. Who's going to supply those passes? Matic on his own? Having ball-playing centerbacks would be a big help, but if we keep playing Smalling and Jones in central defence, Matic is on one hell of a task if he's going to be the playmaker and provide the passes. And I don't think he's capable of that. Also, would there be room for Pogba, Savic, Lingard, Alexis and Lukaku at the same time when they would most likely all go somewhat central? I don't think so.

That's why I would prefer a playmaker to partner Matic and Pogba instead of a Fellaini 2.0 like Savic. I know Jorginho might be going to City and I honestly don't know much about this guy Fred from Shaktar, but in my opinion we need someone that would be able to hit the likes of Lukaku in the air, find Lingard in the pockets etc. If Savic can do this as well, then I don't see the problem either, but to my understanding he's more of a receiver than a supplier, if that makes sense in English (I'm from Denmark).
from the clips I've seen, it's probably cause they seem to operate in the same area.
Very similar build and height of all three, even though skill-set is quite different. Many think that midfield 3 would be too slow and Savic is more of an attack minded midfielder, in fact he's been deployed in #10 role for many matches this season and that's why his output has been so good. Pogba is known to abandon his position quite often, if Savic does that on his side too we'd be overrun again.

I hope we steer clear of this signing, not only will he cost an absurd amounts of money. He'll create similar problems which Pogba did (which we're still trying to solve), what we need is a secondary playmaker alongside Matic who is comfortable in possession and help us with speed of our transition.
Thanks folks

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Bennetts-joins-Borussia-Monchengladbach.html

All these German teams giving the young English talents a smooth transition into the professional ranks. They get minutes. They grow on and off the pitch by soaking in a different culture. They get more and regular exposure to the possession-based European continental/international brand of football. Somebody needs to stop this before England actually rises to football superpower status. :lol:

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Bit harsh that. We've had far far far worse players over the years than Fellaini.
Regardless of his qualities as a footballer, don't see a reason to call him that.
It's very fair actually, he's trying to hold us hostage and extort a deal out of us we never give out, ergo he's a wanker. Plus he's shit.

Utdstar01

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Bennetts-joins-Borussia-Monchengladbach.html

All these German teams giving the young English talents a smooth transition into the professional ranks. They get minutes. They grow on and off the pitch by soaking in a different culture. They get more and regular exposure to the possession-based European continental/international brand of football. Somebody needs to stop this before England actually rises to football superpower status. :lol:
Good on the lad. Don't know much about him myself but if it helps his development then why not?

redom

Good business for the German teams too. If the player develops well then there's every chance an English club will come in for them at some point and given the fact there's already a premium placed on a player when they're sold to the PL that price will only increase if it's an English player, could make some clubs a tidy sum in the near future.

Nick7

"hold us hostage", "extort". jesus christ some of you people really do live in your own reality

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
It's very fair actually, he's trying to hold us hostage and extort a deal out of us we never give out, ergo he's a wanker. Plus he's shit.
The quest for the best possible terms on a new deal must render most of the football world shit in your eyes. Luckily, all of our other players roll over and let the club tickle their tummies in contract negotiations.

Sir Scott McToMinay

He wants to get the best deal possible for him, he isn't 22 anymore. It's his right. He was nothing but a proper professional during his tenure here, I'm not his biggest fan either but calling him a wanker is a bit over the top.
Whether we pay what he wants or not, if he'll be needed (and I have a feeling he will) against Chelsea, he'll do his absolute best, of that I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.