Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawks2008

Looking forward to another few months of abusing my F5 key, muppet szn is almost here! :devil:

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I'm predicting half the forum to be thread banned this summer.

Moiraine

New notice: If people don't adhere to these simple rules, they'll be threadbanned.

DON'T:
  • Post anything from clear BS accounts.
  • Post anything from clickbait tabloid accounts.
  • Post anything from aggregator sites (Utdreport etc) who don't link to original source and tend to make stuff up for retweets/follows.
  • Use the thread to argue about the players United are linked with compared to those that a club like City are signing. If you want to moan, make a new thread.
  • Use the thread to moan about people who are moaning.
Tweets from actual journalists who work for well known media outlets are always best. (Examples - Di Marzio, Mitten, Ogden, Mathieson, Marcotti, Jackson, Ducker etc)

Last year's blacklist still applies and we will add or subtract new accounts to the below list as appropriate.

Twitter Blacklist (outside of the obvious ones like indykaila etc)

Daily Express
Daily Star
alaidi
BFairthorne
Diario Gol
DiegoMSport
Fergie1975
HenriqueAlvero
Hesham Bilal-Hafiz
Julien_mgrt
Kevin Palmer
LawTop20 (for transfers)
MardiAgent
mattdaviesmcr
Metro
Express Sport
SwoopTransfer
TimPearsonMedia
TommySmythESPN (does work for ESPN, but ignore anything he says transfer related)
TomMcDermott
TransferBible
TransferSources (if no attribution)
Utdreport/Utdlatest (they know feck all)
VRodriguezlaw
The Sun
Richard Marrow (fake account)
Hesham Bilal-Hafiz
Le10 Sport

No more than two tweets per post.

No joke/piss take tweets

If you post a non-English tweet please include a basic translation or summary in English.
Goodness me, I am too scared to post anything now. Too many things to take into consideration.

CA1

There's one or two people at The Sun who do have the odd tip off. Although acknowledged they have mostly crap

It's more the journalist who's written it. If Phil Cadden or Neil Custis posts something in The Sun it's usually decent.

United Pro

There's one or two people at The Sun who do have the odd tip off. Although acknowledged they have mostly crap

It's more the journalist who's written it. If Phil Cadden or Neil Custis posts something in The Sun it's usually decent.
I agree with that. I think some like the Metro, Express and the Star are deservedly blacklisted, but Custis of the Sun is decent enough.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

I agree with this.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is the early window opening something that was anticipated? Or did this just happen out of the blue?

WelshManc

So you're perfectly fine when we sold Jaap Stam?

I remember being 11 and reading in a newspaper that we had sold Jaap Stam to Lazio, I was gutted. Made me realise that back then that I wouldn’t know a transfer had been done until it was either in the newspaper or on teletext, good times.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I guess until the action starts this thread will just consist of debates on who is more reliable than who and the terms of TF censorship for summer 18’.

ROFLUTION

Let's get that amazing fan from the Sanchez thread to camp outside Carrington from now and til August 9th. :drool:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I can't look at him the same after Pogba punked him like a bitch.
This has how I’ve felt about VVD since seeing Martial drop him on his arse in his second game for us. For all of his reputation, the first thing that comes to mind when I hear Van Dijk is Martial’s first goal in that game at St.Mary’s.

United_We_Stand

"Manchester United face competition from Paris Saint-Germain for Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fred.
Fred's release clause is understood to be €60million (£52.89m) and Shakhtar are reluctant to budge over their asking price."

paulscholes18

Is the early window opening something that was anticipated? Or did this just happen out of the blue?
It because it shuts on 9th August, and the rules are the window needs to be open for at least 12 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.