Robin Van Persie - Were you happy we sold Jaap Stam?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I would rather have him than Lukaku.
feck sake :lol: Unwanted in Turkey, scores a goal in a weak league in comparison to the EPL and you want him over Lukaku. He's 34 and physically declined.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
One of my favourite United players ever too despite his short stay.

Unbelivable at his peak.

Peak RvP v Peak Rooney anyone?
Peak RvP. He's up there with prime Torres and Suarez whereas peak Rooney for me is slightly lower than those three.

Pacificgi

I'd still have him back. The likes of sanchez, pogba, matic behind him he'd love it.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
feck sake :lol: Unwanted in Turkey, scores a goal in a weak league in comparison to the EPL and you want him over Lukaku. He's 34 and physically declined.
People have forgotten the stiff, slow, injury-plagued liability he'd become by the end with us.

King7Eric

Peak RvP. He's up there with prime Torres and Suarez whereas peak Rooney for me is slightly lower than those three.
Nah it's got to be Rooney. As a pure CF yes RVP was better, but Rooney was a overall better player who could contribute much more. If it was a choice I'd take peak Rooney over peak RVP.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Nah it's got to be Rooney. As a pure CF yes RVP was better, but Rooney was a overall better player who could contribute much more. If it was a choice I'd take peak Rooney over peak RVP.
It's quite close but I certainly don't think it's as one sided as you're saying . If you take say Rooney's performance against Arsenal in the 8-2 as his true peak level then yes, however I don't think Rooney reached that level on too many occasions.

King7Eric

It's quite close but I certainly don't think it's as one sided as you're saying . If you take say Rooney's performance against Arsenal in the 8-2 as his true peak level then yes, however I don't think Rooney reached that level on too many occasions.
I'm not saying it's one sided but I think Rooney was a better player than him. Of course both were brilliant players and it's a matter of preference whom you'd label as the better player.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Um....Beckenbauer is German.
I meant that he probably thinks Blind is a world class defender.

How could anyone not know Beckenbauer is German. His nickname was The Kaiser after all.

Edit: I probably should have said Koeman, to prevent confusion of what I actually meant.

pascell

Thread about RVP turns into a debate about who was better between him and Rooney, then a dig at Lukaku gets dropped in, then Jaap Stam being sold gets thrown in, what's going on? :lol:

Foxbatt

RvP and Sir Alex had another PL trophy in them.
Spot on. SAF should not have retired that season. He destroyed a lot of careers too. Of course he was not to know that it will happen. RVP, Hernandez, Rafael, Vidic would have been with us and a new midfield player and we should have won the PL the season we ended up 7th.

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
Thread title suggestion:

RVP - Feyenoord Player/possibly better than peak Rooney/possibly preferred over Lukaku. Jaap Stam?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Can I just say peak Rooney is one of the greatest forwards I have seen in my whole life. Torres and RVP peak were possibly better strikers at their Peak but as as an all round player Rooney was magical. He was like a raging bull on the field

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
I am a dutchman. Van Persie is on the decline part of his career. We all know that. He returned to his boyhood club to finish his career. Its basically the same retirement route which Dirk Kuyt also made when he returned to Feyenoord after his spell in Fenerbahçe.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Peak RVP>Peak Stam>Peak Rooney>Current Rooney>Current Stam>Current RVP>Lukaku

Great thread.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Van Persie preferred over Lukaku?
Some people have very short memory. Either that or They're just romantic idiots.

Might as well bring back Vidic, Ronaldo, Evra. Bring them all back and watch how the club go down.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
What have you ever done since? Nothing.
Btw, your team was 1 penalty miss away form not going unbeaten.
3 fa cup, a couple of shields. It's stupid to argue that at the time he joined a losing team when they were champions that very year. I'm sure not many here would have predicted a league trophy drought like we have now back then.

Also, your team had a couple of dodgy decisions in favour of yous that allowed you to win some of the trophies. Swings and roundabouts. It happens. All part of the game.