Robin Van Persie - Were you happy we sold Jaap Stam?

M Bison

Supports
York City
feck him. His behaviour and attitude under Moyes was a disgrace.
Why? I thought he behaved professionally in fairness to him, he didn't stick the boot in like ohers unless I'm missing something?

The season under Fergie he was a different class, one of my favourite players of recent times.

vic090482

This is good news. I'm relocating to Rotterdam next month and plan to watch a few feynoord matches at the stadium. Would be a bonus to watch Van Persie.

According to Dutch media Feyenoord and RVP have come to an agreement. If Fener cooperates he might be playing for us this year.

I'm quit sure he's still be able to tear it up in the Dutch league. Exciting stuff :P

Andeva

Supports
FK Haugesund
According to Dutch media Feyenoord and RVP have come to an agreement. If Fener cooperates he might be playing for us this year.

I'm quit sure he's still be able to tear it up in the Dutch league. Exciting stuff :P
He almost gave his life for this club. Best of luck to him!

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I watched most his games at Fener and I still believe he could play for United as an impact sub. Perfect mentor for Rashford and Martial too.
Why would you do such a thing? Watch Fenerbahce I mean. Are you Turkish?

Zoo

Torn left knee cruciate ligament for Van Persie will be out of action for a long time

El Zoido

That's sad. He's suffered with injuries his whole career, wonder if he might call it a day now.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Gutted for him, hope he comes back here as a coach if he calls it a day. I love the guy.

Rockets Redglare

That's sad. He's suffered with injuries his whole career, wonder if he might call it a day now.
I imagine that's probably it for him now. Such a fantastic player, his contribution to winning us the league will never be forgotten.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I think the peak, fit Van Persie of 2010 - 2013 was just about the perfect modern forward.

meamth

He had tremendous late peaking of fitness and ability. At one point he was a goal scoring machine, was it at 29 years old or 28? He had his peak years, and i think now the injuries and the effects of those top performances are coming to haunt him back.

I guess it's the right time to hang your boots RVP! (unless you're a Lion) Love the guy. A great example of late peaking player, from a quality player into a world class player in an instant, at the latter stage of a footballer's career.

Last edited:

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
What an awful end to such a beautiful story. I still think the decision to go to turkey was the worst one made in his career. It's one of the absolute bottom choices for a pro like him. Turkey don't deserve CL spots and should be made to qualify at an earlier stage to prevent transfers like this. Can't say I feel sorry for him.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Before he went to United he had been my favourite player in the league for a long time. Probably since around 06 when every goal he scored made my jaw drop. The goals for Arsenal against Charlton and Blackburn plus the free kick against Ivory coast at WC :drool: amazing player. Perfect forward, plenty of assists as well.

izec

shame about his injury.

Was a fantastic player for us, so many great goals and his finishing was excellent. If you look back on some of his goals, some were incredible. His right foot was also underrated, could score with it easily.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I bet the Fenerbahce fans are delighted with the news. They've been using every single Van Persie post on social media to abuse him in the past few months.

Blind

He had another world class season in him, Moyes had to join at exactly the wrong time.

Shark

@NotShark
He had another world class season in him, Moyes had to join at exactly the wrong time.
I completely agree with that. Even under that moron of a man, he had some world class performances. The hatrick vs Olympiakos comes to mind.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Class player and will always love him for Tha amazing season he had with us. However he really disappointed me in Moyes' first season here. It just seemed like he let the fact Fergie was gone bother him too much. Played proper crap football.

Zoo

Looks like the press in Turkey jumped the gun. Good news for RVP.