Robin Van Persie - Were you happy we sold Jaap Stam?

lysglimt

Scout
Their goal record almost identical (RvP in Arsenal vs Rooney in United) - but Rooneys all-round contribution bigger. Both excellent players - but in my opinion Rooney was the 3rd best striker/attacker in the P.L over the last 15 years. Only Ronaldo and Henry was better, for me at least.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Jaap stam was our only decent cb at the time. Wes showed promise but his career was already ravaged with injuries. We replaced a top cb with a had been. That was crazy

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Bojan11

Why are people laughing at him? Is it because he put a fullstop before question mark? Grammar police is out in full force.

@Baby Groot it was a valid question and I apologise about the responses.

You keep asking questions like that or whatever questions you want in any thread. You’d get promoted in no time. Don’t listen to the others who are laughing at you and setting you up for fail. @The holy trinity 68 has only been here like two minutes, so what does he know about getting promoted? You stick with the hard hitting questions.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
TIP: Avoid comments like this or you will never become a full member. Save the ridiculous posts for when you are a full member. If that ever happens after them two comments.
That's the only gameplan, bamboozle the scouts.:lol:

nah_it_wont_happen

Pretty much the same level at their peak imo.
Technically RVP was better, but Rooney was more explosive. I wish Rooney never got married and never mellowed. I wish he got married in his mid 30s. I think we would have seen the explosive Rooney for a few more years then had he maintained that aggressiveness and explosiveness.

meamth

This goal made me think about his last year with us, what went wrong with him and Van Gaal?

Did he lost that much pace (he never relied on pace)

Seriously what is it?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
This goal made me think about his last year with us, what went wrong with him and Van Gaal?

Did he lost that much pace (he never relied on pace)

Seriously what is it?
He was shite, so stiff and immobile he looked like if he tried something like that volley against Charlton he would snap in two. I guess the injuries just caught up with him and he couldn't hack the standard of the league anymore, hence why he's been arsing around in a couple of Europe's lower leagues since.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
He was shite, so stiff and immobile he looked like if he tried something like that volley against Charlton he would snap in two. I guess the injuries just caught up with him and he couldn't hack the standard of the league anymore, hence why he's been arsing around in a couple of Europe's lower leagues since.
Moyes probably ruined him in pre-season

Zlatattack

Thread about RVP turns into a debate about who was better between him and Rooney, then a dig at Lukaku gets dropped in, then Jaap Stam being sold gets thrown in, what's going on? :lol:
This is why I love the Caf. Trying writing this Hollywoods finest!

Halftrack

Thread about RVP turns into a debate about who was better between him and Rooney, then a dig at Lukaku gets dropped in, then Jaap Stam being sold gets thrown in, what's going on? :lol:
It's Mourinho's fault, he refuses to coach posting.

el3mel

How this thread turned out to be. :lol: should thank the newbie for that laugh.

El Pasillo

Their goal record almost identical (RvP in Arsenal vs Rooney in United) - but Rooneys all-round contribution bigger. Both excellent players - but in my opinion Rooney was the 3rd best striker/attacker in the P.L over the last 15 years. Only Ronaldo and Henry was better, for me at least.
Rooney was a great player during his prime days, but I think you're overrating him a bit.

He never really reached the heights of Suárez, Aguero, Kane, Shearer, De Bruyne, Hazard,

TsuWave

despite only being here for a short amount of time, i'm really fond of him. found this on twitter and it got me buzzing:

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
despite only being here for a short amount of time, i'm really fond of him. found this on twitter and it got me buzzing:

Brilliant :drool:. It felt like he was dragging us forward single-handedly for much of his first season, much like van Nistelrooy did at times a decade before. I love him. More importantly, how could we have allowed this guy to get banned before making him explain exactly what the feck he was on about?

So you were perfectly fine when we sold Japp Stam.?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm fond of him also. Hope he's back at the club as a coach.
Always found him very intelligent when listening to him.