Robin Van Persie - Were you happy we sold Jaap Stam?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
How Van Persie's Man Utd career was ruined by Moyes

Goal.com said:
When Newcastle came to Old Trafford in December with United sat ninth, Moyes had sat down with the club’s medical staff and decided that Van Persie should play no more than 70 minutes on his return. But after Yohan Cabaye had given the visitors a lead on the hour, Moyes panicked about what might be said about him if he took off United’s key goal threat.

“I think if I’d brought him off against Newcastle some people would have said ‘What are you doing? You are 1-0 down and you’re taking off your top goalscorer,’” Moyes explained in a candid moment later than season, “I think that answers why I left him on."

Lowkey

Should never have sold him. Another player that we sold because we chose to keep Rooney instead. 20 goals a season minimum

Ban

What do Arsenal fans say about him saying he returned home? :D

He was such a beast in Fergie's last season. Phenomenal.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
Deserves a huge reception tomorrow. Was unbelievable for our 20th, gutted we let him go
Totally agree. He was unplayable the first year here.

So many great memories; the hat trick against Southampton, the goal against Arsenal, the free kick against City, the cup equalizer against west ham, when he almost died against Stoke, the volley against Villa,

sugar_kane

Actually cannot believe that comment from Moyes. I think that sums him up more than any other and that includes him saying Liverpool would be the favourites at Old Trafford and that we should aspire to be like City, because it just shows how completely lost he was in the role.

prath92

He doesn't have hard feelings because he is the one who wanted to leave.

I couldn't believe RvP played for us that season. Even on FIFA I rarely got to buy him with United. It seems like a dream, RvP donning our jersey (the 'tablecloth' jersey) and scoring goals for fun.

Dumbat12

Goddamn, I love this man. He reminded me so much of my favorite United player, van Nistelrooy.

NinjaFletch

Hurts me to see him on other side...
Still don't understand why we sold him
Really?

I didn't realise it was a remotely controversial decision. He was poor in Moyes' season and looked barely arsed in the Van Gaal season (seriously go and have a look through his performance thread from that season). He was great for us under Ferguson and he'll have a spot in all of our hearts for that, but it was time for him I think. Rather that than watch his decline play out in full focus like it has with Rooney.

Creepy

Account relocated to MaxiPaxi
What reception did he receive? I missed the start of the game!

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I miss him...loved him being a United player.

m1y2

I miss him...loved him being a United player.
great player for exhibition games, would take him instead of rooney for the last two years as an impact sub for 10-15 minutes of play, basically about time he can fully run until he loses all his stamina..

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Not many players get a round of applause and their name sung by United fans after scoring against us at OT :lol:

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
The night is complete after that goal. He deserved a proper send off.

Shark

@NotShark
I hated the way he left the club, the man will always have a special standing for me. He came to us as Arsenal captain and practically won us the title back from City. Absolute legend.