Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

deafepl

I hope he gets a chance. But if Valencia is injured, he would be an untried 19 year old, in a position that is vital to get right in modern football. I hope I’m wrong, but Dalot is one for the future, not for now.
Dalot is replacing Valencia slowly at the end of the next season, amusing United don't offer Valencia a new contract.

manunited1919

Dalot is replacing Valencia slowly at the end of the next season, amusing United don't offer Valencia a new contract.
Looking at our RB situation, it is at least as bad if not worse than our LB situation. At least Ashley can cross once in a while. Yet everyone says we need a LB & RW, as if our RB situation was resolved by Dalot’s purchase.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Looking at our RB situation, it is at least as bad if not worse than our LB situation. At least Ashley can cross once in a while. Yet everyone says we need a LB & RW, as if our RB situation was resolved by Dalot’s purchase.
LB would solve that problem since Young then can go to his favoured side which is RB. It also solves the problem of Young having to cut back to his right foot every fecking time to put a cross in.

Seven Seas Sardines

If Sanchez regains his world class form when is Martial going to play? Even if he doesn't regain that form will Mou drop him? You guys will know better than me, but I can't see that happening.

Martial to me seems like the next Salah or De Bruyne when they were at Chelsea. Mou essentially viewed them as soft and was unwilling to give them consistent game time.
Keep Lukaku on the right and Sanchez in the middle? Both interchanging to get some movement behind enemy lines. Lukaku thrives when he gets into space and runs at defenses. Gives Pogba space to move forward. Since Tony is always marked by two men, this will stretch the opposition defense. Something like this...

Martial ------ Sanchez Lukaku
Pogba ------​

Last edited:

manunited1919

LB would solve that problem since Young then can go to his favoured side which is RB. It also solves the problem of Young having to cut back to his right foot every fecking time to put a cross in.
We should really be looking to get in a 23-24 year old LB and same for RB, to be ready to take over when/if Ashley and Valencia get injured. Ashley specially has a terrible injury record. And Valencia seems to have run out of steam and on his last legs. It’s a long season. A club of United’s stature needs to be better prepared.

Seven Seas Sardines

God I really hope Chelsea lose both Courtios and Hazard, no way are they going to be able to properly replace them both in three weeks, is there even a top quality LW available?
Do you really? I'd have liked that two seasons ago. But without Chelsea, Liverpool are guaranteed a top4 spot. I know it's risky business, but I can't hope for Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea losing until they're ahead of the scousers.

I'll support all small teams in the beginning, but if come Christmas both us and Pool are ahead of the three London teams I'll start hoping for them to win their games. I'm torn, but I despise Liverpool that much.

Last edited:

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
This Lukaku RW idea might be the worst idea ever posted on this forum.
It's situational. Roberto Martinez did it occasionally at Everton and with Belgium (it's worked too). Against certain fullbacks who don't trackback and aren't very physical, have Lukaku on the right can create an advantageous mismatch.

Fraud

About Lukaku. Precisely beacuse his technique is shit, it doesn't work when you have the initiative and the opponent is playing 19th-Century football. Literally, the most regular context for us.

So, definetly isn't the best propose. For anyone.

jesperjaap

Interesting. A lot of people speculating on who they can possibly replace Ronaldo with and which signing will be the new Galatico e.g Hazard. Easy to forget they have spent a fortune on two young Brazilians from Brazil. Viniscus Junior especially cost a lot of money and has a lot of hype. When you add those two to Asensio, Isco and Bale, as things stand they are hardly desperate to be adding a new wide player. They do seem to be following Atletico Madrids transfer policy of plucking great young South American talent. I see both clubs also getting linked with Vitao and Guimaraes of Palmeiras. Now the work permit thing isnt such a big problem I wish we would be in for Guimaraes, looks like a superb talent.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
About Lukaku. Precisely beacuse his technique is shit, it doesn't work when you have the initiative and the opponent is playing 19th-Century football. Literally, the most regular context for us.

So, definetly isn't the best propose. For anyone.
So last year the criticism was he is flat track bully (usually the lower teams who plays defensive game), now the criticism is he doesn't work when you have initiative and opponents are defensive.

Goals posts are well and truly moved.

Dong Fangzhuo

It's situational. Roberto Martinez did it occasionally at Everton and with Belgium (it's worked too). Against certain fullbacks who don't trackback and aren't very physical, have Lukaku on the right can create an advantageous mismatch.
A striker drifting wide and Lukaku filling the RW slot is not the same thing.

Fraud

So last year the criticism was he is flat track bully (usually the lower teams who plays defensive game), now the criticism is he doesn't work when you have initiative and opponents are defensive.

Goals posts are well and truly moved.
I'm not criticizing him, just saying that his actual role in the the team is the best for everyone.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I'm not criticizing him, just saying that his actual role in the the team is the best for everyone.
So he isn't flat track bully now? Because it's smaller teams plays defensive game and according to many, Lukaku scores lot against them.

Kaivalya

You mean besides:

2 Premiere league titles
1 FA Cup
1 league cup
1 UEFA Cup

And about 5 league titles and 15 titles overall in the Ukraine?

Yeah aside from that no achievements at all compared to Dembeles feck all.
That is some serious bs. You're comparing individuals or the teams they've played for? Willian's best season came for Chelsea last year with 6 goals and 7 assists. Do you want other members of that squad who've also picked up league titles? Cahill maybe? "His achievements" don't compare to someone like Romagnoli or Gimenez.

The man you imply as having no "achievements" similiarly has
1 x DFB Pokal
1 x La Liga
1 x Copa Del Rey
1 x FIFA World Cup

I suppose comparing team trophies makes adequate comparison of ability to you?
Look at both of their seasons individually.

3 seasons ago:
At Rennes, Ousmane Dembele had 12 goals and 5 assists, making 4.1 dribbles per game, having 2 shots and making 1.7 key passes per game with a whoscored rating of 7.55

At Chelsea, (looking better in a horrible team)

Willian's had 5 goals and 6 assists, making 2.4 dribbles per game, having 2.3 shots and 1.7 key passes with a whoscored rating of 7.20

That's comparing a player in his prime at 27 to a kid just turned 18. But okay, someone will argue Dembele played in a "farmers league" surely he wouldn't compare to the great Willian if he moved up to a better league.

2 seasons ago: (at Borussia Dortmund)
Dembele had 6 goals and 12 assists having 1.7 shots pg, completing 2 key passes per game and 3.3 dribbles per game. Whoscored rating of 7.44

Willian meanwhile failing to cement his place under a new coach after his " heroics" in Chelsea's dark and disastrous season in the new title winning team succeeded in starting only 15 games.
In the roughly 1600 minutes he did play under Conte's league winning team, he had 8 goals and 1 assist in 34 league appearances. Who scored rating of 6.89.

Last season:
Dembele suffered a bad injury and was out for most of the season but the little while he did return at the end of the season for he made 12 starts and played 931 minutes scoring 3 and assisting 6, whoscored rating of 7.15.

Willian having another great season while the rest of team suffered, had 6 goals and 7 assists in almost 1900 minutes. With a whoscored rating of 7.01

Who would you take based on current ability? 30 year old Willian or 21 year old Dembele? Or does Willian's time at Shaktar 7 frigging years ago give him the edge over Dembele?

Reactions: Sultan

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I hope he gets a chance. But if Valencia is injured, he would be an untried 19 year old, in a position that is vital to get right in modern football. I hope I’m wrong, but Dalot is one for the future, not for now.
Jose played Kurt Zouma at Chelsea and he acquired himself well. You just have to trust that the kids are up to the task.

Young can also play on the right too.

Red_toad

If Martial wants to continue to be laser-focused on LW with absolutely no compromising possible on changing positions, take 100+ million and run.
He wants to be a striker. Operates better from the left.
Shame players are such cowards and allow their agents to spew out garbage on their behalf...

I Am Zlatan

How so? With Mane I think people just thought he couldn't make the step up. Willian is already at that level. People just don't think he'd provide enough.
I meant as in the meltdown, I also think Willian is better than the options we have so it’s good thing, now is he the best option avaible, I’m not too sure, I’m still bummed about Mahrez.

Miscemayl

Seriously, since when did we become a club that indulges the players?

Pogba and Martial are apparently unhappy, let's sack Mourinho. Hire some attacking manager.

Who would that be?
Who is that magical person that will play attacking football that will make all our players happy while guaranteeing success?

And if players see that player power can turf out a manager as good as Mourinho, what chance does the next manager have?

We've lost talents far greater than Martial and Pogba before, we shouldn't compromise our identity for them.

WPMUFC

He wants to be a striker. Operates better from the left.
Shame players are such cowards and allow their agents to spew out garbage on their behalf...
LW / LF /LS whichever, if he can't even comprehend a possible need to switch positions to get an established role, he has no use a part from being the back up. 100+ million would be fantastic to then solve the real problems.

bonusroller

Out of interest does anybody know what the current fee for Martial is? I'm assuming he hasn't triggered that many of his add ons?

This week he has smiled and laughed more than ever. I keep thinking it's gotta hurt not being in that France squad when they just won the World Cup. I'm hoping that it's made him more determined and this is a serious break through season for us.

Judas

Open to offers

Pogba and Martial are apparently unhappy, let's sack Mourinho. Hire some attacking manager.

Who would that be?
Who is that magical person that will play attacking football that will make all our players happy while guaranteeing success?

And if players see that player power can turf out a manager as good as Mourinho, what chance does the next manager have?

We've lost talents far greater than Martial and Pogba before, we shouldn't compromise our identity for them.
Because we can find plenty of managers who'd have us playing as drab boring football as Jose? At times last season it wasn't much better than LVG's tumescent stuff. Wouldn't be too hard to find managers who'd get us playing better stuff I'm sure.

They're not bigger than the club, but the talents we have are starting to look a hell of a lot less replaceable than the manager.

Especially in this ridiculous money era, I hate to think how expensive it would be to place talents like De Gea, Martial and Pogba.

GM K

Someone needs to simply make up a rubbish rumour to bring some much needed entertainment.
Negotiations are on going between United and Barca for a double swap deal involving
Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez plus cash for Antony Martial and Marcus Rashford. Barca badly wants the deal but United is reluctant to lose the two highly talented young lads unless Barca can increase the cash proposal of 150 million pounds to 200 million pounds. Messi and Suarez have already agreed to the deal.

Miscemayl

Because we can find plenty of managers who'd have us playing as drab boring football as Jose? At times last season it wasn't much better than LVG's tumescent stuff. Wouldn't be too hard to find managers who'd get us playing better stuff I'm sure.

They're not bigger than the club, but the talents we have are starting to look a hell of a lot less replaceable than the manager.

Especially in this ridiculous money era, I hate to think how expensive it would be to place talents like De Gea, Martial and Pogba.
Who?
Who can we get to manage us that will give us entertaining football, happy players and 2nd at a minimum?

I'm don't mind replacing Mourinho if there is someone obviously better to do the job. But not if it is just to keep our talent happy.

Player loyalty isn't what it used to be. You can bend the club backwards for them and they'll still leave without a second thought.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron

Who would that be?

You’re spot on and the most important thing right now is stability and a steady course forward.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

I fear that the caf will get it's much fabled attacking manager and results will be poor and they will be calls for him to be sacked too .

There's no consensus on what people actually want.

Smores

LW / LF /LS whichever, if he can't even comprehend a possible need to switch positions to get an established role, he has no use a part from being the back up. 100+ million would be fantastic to then solve the real problems.
Agreed, not only is a position wide open for him to step up and take he's also very much in contention for others including his favoured one. Youngsters are supposed to grab at such chances not just give up.

Thought it was interesting that in the Perriera interview he said Jose asked him what positions he was willing to play and he said wherever. Martial and Pogba probably drew a small circle on the pitch.

settembrini

Martial is happy to play in multiple positions though. That's why he has played games for us on the left, upfront and on the right. He's good on the left and upfront but bad on the right, it's not his fault he's bad on the right anymore than it is Lingard's fault he is bad there, or Mata's.

EyeInTheSky

That is some serious bs. You're comparing individuals or the teams they've played for? Willian's best season came for Chelsea last year with 6 goals and 7 assists. Do you want other members of that squad who've also picked up league titles? Cahill maybe? "His achievements" don't compare to someone like Romagnoli or Gimenez.

The man you imply as having no "achievements" similiarly has
1 x DFB Pokal
1 x La Liga
1 x Copa Del Rey
1 x FIFA World Cup

I suppose comparing team trophies makes adequate comparison of ability to you?
Look at both of their seasons individually.

3 seasons ago:
At Rennes, Ousmane Dembele had 12 goals and 5 assists, making 4.1 dribbles per game, having 2 shots and making 1.7 key passes per game with a whoscored rating of 7.55

At Chelsea, (looking better in a horrible team)

Willian's had 5 goals and 6 assists, making 2.4 dribbles per game, having 2.3 shots and 1.7 key passes with a whoscored rating of 7.20

That's comparing a player in his prime at 27 to a kid just turned 18. But okay, someone will argue Dembele played in a "farmers league" surely he wouldn't compare to the great Willian if he moved up to a better league.

2 seasons ago: (at Borussia Dortmund)
Dembele had 6 goals and 12 assists having 1.7 shots pg, completing 2 key passes per game and 3.3 dribbles per game. Whoscored rating of 7.44

Willian meanwhile failing to cement his place under a new coach after his " heroics" in Chelsea's dark and disastrous season in the new title winning team succeeded in starting only 15 games.
In the roughly 1600 minutes he did play under Conte's league winning team, he had 8 goals and 1 assist in 34 league appearances. Who scored rating of 6.89.

Last season:
Dembele suffered a bad injury and was out for most of the season but the little while he did return at the end of the season for he made 12 starts and played 931 minutes scoring 3 and assisting 6, whoscored rating of 7.15.

Willian having another great season while the rest of team suffered, had 6 goals and 7 assists in almost 1900 minutes. With a whoscored rating of 7.01

Who would you take based on current ability? 30 year old Willian or 21 year old Dembele? Or does Willian's time at Shaktar 7 frigging years ago give him the edge over Dembele?
That’s because the response was to a claim that William has achieved nothing compared to Dembele.

Great post though...

Sparky Rhiwabon

I get the feeling that Jose would happily let him go, he doesn’t plan to use him much anyway, but Woody wants to keep him as he sees “major pound signs” in the future - maybe he’ll even put pressure on Jose to play him more. Or maybe the club doesn’t see a long term future with Jose so they don’t want to lose assets such as Martial or Pogba (or go “all in” in the transfer market)

Tiber

You know what depresses me? We are lightyears behind city and forget who we have actually signed, the tabloids arent even linking us with crazy transfers which would be enough to close the gap.

Oh and one of our beet young players hates it here and is constantly linked to our rivals who could soon pass us

Last edited:

settembrini

You know what depresses me? We are lightyears behind city and forget whonwe have actually signed, the tabloids arent even linking us with crazy transfers which would be enough to close the gap.

Oh and one of our beet young plauers hates it here and is constantly linked to our rivals who could soon pass us
On the plus side we have a few more years of Fellaini and our manager wants Young to make 50 appearances next season.

Tiber

On the plus side we have a few more years of Fellaini and our manager wants Young to make 50 appearances next season.
And our new captain may be well past his best, struggles with english, dislikes the stress of interviews and couldnt handle the pressure of a shirt number..... but I am confident he will be a true leader

rotherham_red

I get the feeling that Jose would happily let him go, he doesn’t plan to use him much anyway, but Woody wants to keep him as he sees “major pound signs” in the future - maybe he’ll even put pressure on Jose to play him more. Or maybe the club doesn’t see a long term future with Jose so they don’t want to lose assets such as Martial or Pogba (or go “all in” in the transfer market)
I think its the latter. You can see it coming a mile away. Ed hasn't really gone all in on the transfers like he had done the last four summers and the positions that haven't been strengthened are the ones where we have players who were brought in for big money and haven't really been given a chance (Shaw at LB, Lindelof and Bailly at CB) or where the action of bringing in a player would screw over a prospect who is already here but not being adequately developed (Martial, Rashford and a potential RW).

I think that the Sanchez deal may be the millstone around Jose's neck that causes him to fall IF Sanchez continues to have a stinker next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.