Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotherham_red

I still don't get the fascination Jose has over CB? He's going to be buying 3 in 3 seasons and he hasn't moved, or isn't even contemplating moving, anyone out. Surely something has to give?

bucky

I still don't get the fascination Jose has over CB? He's going to be buying 3 in 3 seasons and he hasn't moved, or isn't even contemplating moving, anyone out. Surely something has to give?
If we actually do sign a CB, then somebody is definitely going to be sold.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Maybe he’s planning on going with 3 CB’s. Although that would be suicide given how poor our full-backs are going forward already.

As much as I want a new CB we need a LB more. It's baffling if Jose can't see this, we literally have no width in the team.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's even annoying. Why is it a LB or a CB? You get the feeling we are making it up as we go along.

Kapardin

The Times have been hit and miss lately. Don't panic yet, though things certainly look grim.

If we don't sign anyone this window, don't think it is because Jose is content. Blame should fall on Ed and the Glazers for penny pinching due to having average players on huge wages.

Mister_Stubbs

If that's the case we are fecked.

Awful, awful planning from the club.
This level of shit planning beats the shit planning during the Moyes summer where we chased Fabregas all summer and ended up with Fellaini. I have serious concerns if we don’t make at least three more signings for the first team.

Kapardin

Woodward is full of puke - what was the point in renewing Jose's contract last season if we're not going to back him in the transfer window?
Agree. Jose is the type of manager who needs maximum backing to deliver maximum results. If Ed was planning to revert to the "no value in the market apart from Bale" strategy, we should have hired someone like Nagelsmann, Jardim or Sarri. Ridiculous that a club of our size can't spend without having to sell.

el3mel

If we end up signing only a CB and start season with Valencia and Young with FBs, fair to say, it has been the most underhwelming United transfer window since the Fellaini one, and at least the latter had some interesting rumors to discuss !

rotherham_red

Maybe he’s planning on going with 3 CB’s. Although that would be suicide given how poor our full-backs are going forward already.
But even then, it's overkill. The number of CBs we have now is more than adequate for a three man backline, but the quality isn't. Yet, Jose decided it would be best to get Rojo signed up for a new contract and continually played Smalling and Jones, despite them being proven turds and mediocre ever since Fergie retired, as well as being far too injury-prone.

Tuanzebe was also probably better suited to us and the league than Lindelof was last season, yet he barely got a sniff. He'll never get his chance now if Maguire comes in. I'd much rather we saved the best part of £70m and gave Tuanzebe a shot. Someone who potentially looks like a Rolls Royce of a defender and wouldn't have cost us a dime. And he also doesn't suffer from Maguire's shortcomings of a distinct lack of pace either.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
The amazing things we can do in the market don’t cover spending on a centerback and a left back it seems. Would be shambolic if young and Valencia start next season.

deafepl

Agree. Jose is the type of manager who needs maximum backing to deliver maximum results. If Ed was planning to revert to the "no value in the market apart from Bale" strategy, we should have hired someone like Nagelsmann, Jardim or Sarri. Ridiculous that a club of our size can't spend without having to sell.

So, it is okay to keep deadwood, pay them a weekly wage and let them leave on a free agent, like Blind and Darmain? We'd be missing out on 30 million where we could use this fund to get players. Oh, on other hands, we could sign more players like Toby, Sandro, Bale, etc but we cannot register all of them in 25 man squad, we have to get rid of players first.

cj_sparky

I can't believe we look like going into the new season with Young and Valencia as our fullbacks.

GM K

I totally support the pursuit of a centre back. Jones and Bailly are just too injury prone to be relied on. Lindelof is poor in the air and Smailing is poor with the ball at his feet.
But I do find the non pursuit of a full back strange. Or could it be Luke Shaw's season finally? Relying on him is a big risk considering his injury proneness and past form. Will be interesting to see how things go.

J_XO

Any optimism I had going into the season has just taken a big knock knowing we’re sticking with Young and Valencia once again. Sickening

Status
Not open for further replies.