Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Vandelay

Every time I see there's new transfer tweets I get a renewed sense of hope, only for it to be dashed. They don't even seem to be making shit up, which is just plain odd.

I wish we were in for Pjanic, our strength in depth in midfield would be excellent and we'd have serious options.

Ban

We won't sell Martial especially since we still haven't signed a winger. We lack numbers and quality upfront anyway.

haram

If Martial went to another club and was brilliant I’d love to see the Mourinho backers try and explain it.
Im sure he will be good elsewhere. It’s more about how his replacement here does.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Trying to understand why City are linked with so many playmaking midfielders when it's Fernandinho they're trying to phase out. Swapping out Fernandinho for Jorginho (before we bought him) or Pjanic/Kovacic doesn't make sense to me. We've seen what happens when Stones and Otamendi are left exposed and it ain't pretty. So why replace your only defensive minded midfielder with one who isn't?

haram

Not true though is it.. I mean Hazard if you like is the reason why Salah was sold and still Jose and Chelsea get belters for it.
I mean, in my eyes anyway. I think a Martial replacement would be a different type of player, and so how that player fits and affects the team is what I would be interested in. Everyone knows Martial is talented.

Patrick08

Trying to understand why City are linked with so many playmaking midfielders when it's Fernandinho they're trying to phase out. Swapping out Fernandinho for Jorginho (before we bought him) or Pjanic/Kovacic doesn't make sense to me. We've seen what happens when Stones and Otamendi are left exposed and it ain't pretty. So why replace your only defensive minded midfielder with one who isn't?
Because a Cdm cum Playmaker dictates the game from the back with the ball and can pick those attacking passes to the forwards running in behind the defense with ease thus increasing attacking Ruthlessness and creativity on the ball. If you notice Fernandinho too has got very good passing range and picks those passes from time to time. So it makes it very difficult for the opposition to press so high on the player dictating the game from Cdm thus the team circulates and keeps the ball way better with playmakers all round the midfield.

While when they loose the ball the attacking midfielders and forwards collectively press the ball along with the Cdm which reduces the transition speed and stifles creativity of the opposition teams so the Cdm alone does not have the duties to break up the play as they do it collectively by closing the ball and space down as quickly as they can and Cdm 's passing range immediately can turn defense into attack after winning the ball back.

Thus when you have so much of the ball a player who can dictate the game and pick passes adds another dimension to the attacking football.

If they loose a goal or two they don't mind as they believe they could outscore the opposition and keep the ball from the opposition for majority of the game.

Last edited:

Eleven.

Every time I look at pages in this thread it’s full of mindless drivel and no actual tweets... getting really tiresome.

Rajma

I believe our team is lacking goals/assists because our team lacks the right balance not forwards capable of scoring. If we tweak our full back and CB positions to improve the football there, transition more efficiently from defence to attack, get the right midfield combo (I am excited about Fred) and provide enough threats coming from the right side of our squad, the goals will increase significantly.
To be honest if it comes to Willian or no one I would rather we get him of course as our right wing is pathetic.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Bloody hell. James McClean is 29? I thought he was still in that phase of talented player with time on his side if he could sort his head out. 29!
Fabio and Rafael are 28 too...I remember reading about them when they were 17 and we pre signed them!

I like McLean - I don't understand the move to Stoke why not just stay WBA considering both teams are in the championship?

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
@United Pro - Removed your tweet. Please look for higher quality sources that have some degree of credibility before posting.
What’s wrong with you?

I’m on a soulless concert and suddenly I got five minutes of joy, then comes you. I prefer any type of source as long it’s positive instead of this bore fest. Ok?

United_We_Stand

Edit: The tweet was deleted

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...n-their-attentions-to-harry-maguire-6dvp8hxxh

"United are set to end their interest in Alex Sandro and instead concentrate their efforts on signing a centre-back
United have been linked with a move for Sandro, but it is understood that they are not willing to meet Juventus’s £50 million-plus valuation of the left-back
It is understood that Mourinho, the United manager, is happy with the options he has at present in the full-back area and wants to sign Maguire, the centre-back, who is valued at over £50 million."

Last edited:

Scholesy's Sat Nav

Appreciate he was a good attacking threat at the World Cup but Maguire is absolute rubbish, turns like a bus and he looks like Paul Heaton from the beautiful south. Actually they both have a hull connection..

Status
Not open for further replies.