Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
If ours was a farce what does that make Spuds and any other team who just bought numbers in of low or underwhelming quality...
Their end to the season, new stadium, pre-season, new contracts for Pochettino et al and lack of fanbase makes them tougher and less appealing to slate.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
If ours was a farce what does that make Spuds and any other team who just bought numbers in of low or underwhelming quality...
According to a bunch of United fans on here, them giving Pochettino a new contract and keeping their existing players means they've had a very good window overall.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Hoof the ball

Why are you so desperate to defend the indefensible from other clubs or find any contrived excuse possible but are so quick to find fault and conjure up fantastical theories about United?
Que? me, personally? or are you using me in a general sweeping remark about Redcafe in general? This is the first time I've commented on Spurs business, period.

Dante

Average bang
We wanted Toby to the end while Maguire was too expensive, Its not that much of a farce.
Unless we're supposed to believe the bullshit about Boateng and Mina?
Woodward sets the negotiating limits and maximum prices. If he's failed to accurately gauge market values, that's on him.

Given the way agents communicate to clubs, you'd imagine almost all of our targets would have been gettable. The fact we didn't get more than 2 out of 5 is down to man who conducts our business and does the negotiations.

I'm not one to moan, but I know where I'm placing the blame on this one.

The manager deserves criticism for players playing poorly (an he'll get it from me if we struggle), but the Chief Exec should be in the firing line for what happens during the transfer window.

LordNinio

Woodward sets the negotiating limits and maximum prices. If he's failed to accurately gauge market values, that's on him.

Given the way agents communicate to clubs, you'd imagine almost all of our targets would have been gettable. The fact we didn't get more than 2 out of 5 is down to man who conducts our business and does the negotiations.

I'm not one to moan, but I know where I'm placing the blame on this one.

The manager deserves criticism for players playing poorly (an he'll get it from me if we struggle), but the Chief Exec should be in the firing line for what happens during the transfer window.
It depends if the prices being asked are reasonable. If I ask you to give me £1000 for a bag of crisps. Its not your fault if we don't manage to do a deal.

There may be other choices out there, but if you have been set a very specific list, and all the options have been priced at prohibitive levels, then what do you do?

Most on here have baulked at the prices touted for our targets, so why wouldn't Ed have done the same?

Jam

I've basically missed deadline day outside of United's (lack of) activity.

Someone said West Ham and Everton basically kept Sky deadline day reporters in the job today, what did they do outside of this Zouma loan?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Someone said West Ham and Everton basically kept Sky deadline day reporters in the job today, what did they do outside of this Zouma loan?
Everton signed Bernard, Mina, Gomes and Zouma

Darlington Padgett

Fulham signed an entire squad too!

Jam

Everton signed Bernard, Mina, Gomes and Zouma
U wot.

Everton went HAM. Jesus.

There's shades of just throwing money and buying players for the sake without due diligence, but also that's some damn good business for them.

Just googled Mina's transfer and there's a buy-back clause. Guessing we refused to have one and were quoted a much higher fee which we refused to pay.

Dante

Average bang
It depends if the prices being asked are reasonable. If I ask you to give me £1000 for a bag of crisps. Its not your fault if we don't manage to do a deal.

There may be other choices out there, but if you have been set a very specific list, and all the options have been priced at prohibitive levels, then what do you do?

Most on here have baulked at the prices touted for our targets, so why wouldn't Ed have done the same?
Woodward's in 2018. Liverpool are in 3018. Transfer fee-wise, at least.

It is his fault if he undervalues the crisps in the first place. He should look at the market and judge values accordingly. The last time a packet of Walker's Ready Salted cost 20p was several years ago. You can't go into a shop with a decade old mindset.

Woodward doesn't understand football as well as Mourinho. He should take his cue from the MUFC staff members who best understand player ability. If that means paying the going rate for a top transfer target, so be it.

Hoof the ball

Inevitably the ready-made, experienced leaders will be few and far between, and therefore, more premium in a market that is constantly redefined by escalating valuations. We can only purchase that which definitely improves upon that which we have now, so, do we buy another CB with potential unrealised and put him alongside the likes of Bailly and Lindelof, or, do we wait another window so that we can spend the money on someone who can make an immediate and sustaining impact. I can only imagine that Woodward wasn't intentionally screwing up negotiations, however, maybe in the long term us not capitulating right now on extortionate fees benefits us down the line when we secure a top class player for a more reasonable estimation and we're not being taken to the dogs.

Unitedsince85

I’ve been a Utd fan for 33 yrs and never felt as though the club genuinely lacks ambition, it feels like they realise we can no longer compete with city on or off the field anymore. As for JM, do you ever wonder why we cannot attract top players anymore? You have one of the best jobs in world football so try telling your face!!!! You are no longer special mate, I’d swap u for Klopp in a heartbeat, totally frustrated

Dante

Average bang
Inevitably the ready-made, experienced leaders will be few and far between, and therefore, more premium in a market that is constantly redefined by escalating valuations. We can only purchase that which definitely improves upon that which we have now, so, do we buy another CB with potential unrealised and put him alongside the likes of Bailly and Lindelof, or, do we wait another window so that we can spend the money on someone who can make an immediate and sustaining impact. I can only imagine that Woodward wasn't intentionally screwing up negotiations, however, maybe in the long term us not capitulating right now on extortionate fees benefits us down the line when we secure a top class player for a more reasonable estimation and we're not being taken to the dogs.
That works when you have a complete squad and aren't scratching around to fix obvious holes amongst the playing staff. We're not currently in a position to walk away from identified vital targets. Or at least, we shouldn't be.

If this transfer window had gone well, maybe we could have got away with it in 2019. As it stands, we'll still be in desperate situation next Summer, and everyone will know that they can hold us to ransom again.

The idea should be to get out of desperation ASAP. The only way to do that is to fix the squad ASAP.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
And still Everton will gift Liverpool 6 points this season like they do most seasons.

I realise they didn't last season, but that was the exception that proves the rule :p

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
No idea if that Ings deal was done or not. Southampton left it late.

LordNinio

Woodward's in 2018. Liverpool are in 3018. Transfer fee-wise, at least.

It is his fault if he undervalues the crisps in the first place. He should look at the market and judge values accordingly. The last time a packet of Walker's Ready Salted cost 20p was several years ago. You can't go into a shop with a decade old mindset.

Woodward doesn't understand football as well as Mourinho. He should take his cue from the MUFC staff members who best understand player ability. If that means paying the going rate for a top transfer target, so be it.
Yes prices have increased, but there has to be a limit to everything, a point at which you say, that's too much.

Is Maguire one of the best defenders in the world?

I don't think so, he's better than what we have, but should we have spent a world record fee for a defender on him, I don't think so. Evidently Ed thought the same, as did the majority of the caf.

Status
Not open for further replies.