Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Challenging for top 4 was never enough for him to stick around. But even then he would move on at some point, he wasnt coming here to stay til the end of his career. Now with Zidanw back and Real needing an overhaul, this one looks very likely

C'est Moi Cantona

Challenging for top 4 was never enough for him to stick around. But even then he would move on at some point, he wasnt coming here to stay til the end of his career. Now with Zidanw back and Real needing an overhaul, this one looks very likely
How does it look likely? If we don't want to sell he doesn't leave, we've done this with Martial and DDG with great success recently, Madrid are just spinning their usual rubbish, and people will lap it up.

48 hours

A bit of an extract...

You might think that a club that has stated its intention to hire a first director of football would have put their new man in place to advise upon and implement such a risk-laden transfer strategy. United, however, are entering a pivotal window with the same recruitment and negotiating team that oversaw last summer’s debacle. Multiple accomplished and experienced candidates for the role have yet to be even invited for an interview.

On top of all this, United have antagonised their best footballer – David De Gea – by telling him they will not meet his terms to extend a contract that expires next summer, and have to deal with Mino Raiola’s attempts to secure a major pay rise or a transfer for their marquee signing – Paul Pogba.

jesperjaap

Yes please, been underwhelmed at the time with just about every central midfielder we have signed bar Pogba. Ndombele would be a far better signing than Fellaini, Fred, Matic, Herrera, Schneiderlin......that we have blown close to £200m on, awful business, three been awful and the other two decent

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s not exactly playing like somebody out to impress other clubs, is he?

PSG will pay big bucks for him and he’ll look great week in week out as a flat track bully in Ligue 1.

jesperjaap

If he wants to leave, we shouldnt be fighting for him to stay, just the best fee. As big a talent as he is lets face it he probably has ten great games a season and just as many awful ones. If we were to finish in the top four, selling Pogba and Lukaku would fund 2 or 3 of our top targets if a deal was there and still allow us to spend on others.
Not that it would happen such a big overhaul, but with some of our contract situations and supposedly unhappy players wanting to leave we could buy 5/6 huge players with virtually no net spend at all from transfer fees and wages out

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Obviously do not want Pogba to go as we are a much better team with him than without him but if he leaves, the pressure will be even greater on Woodward to sign the right players during the next transfer window. If he doesn't get it right, it will be a repeat of the past few seasons with Ashley Young starting at right back and no idea where we're heading.

Dolf

This could either end very well with us rebuilding our squad after selling pogba amd lukaku or it could end in an absolute nighmare where we end up even worse

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Wonder if we'll be able to field a starting 11 next season with the amount of players who supposedly want to leave. Still don't think we'll let Pogba go this window regardless of price, with Herrera already looking to be on his way out losing 2/3rds of our starting midfield would be insanity. Lukaku I find more believable, Pogba's one of the first names on the team sheet and would be very difficult to replace, from his brief spell here it's fairly obvious that Solskjaer doesn't really fancy Lukaku.

C'est Moi Cantona

Weird how they all endorsed Ole then do that. Maybe the last few games has got them worried. Footballers are fickle creatures with managers, a bit like us really.
Last few games has got them worried about how crap they've looked, because these players are the ones that played in those games..

Pogba wants a shed load more money per wk, Lukaku has ideas of grandeur way above his ability level and wants to tell everyone, DDG seems to think he's worth twice what he is now, and Herrera has just won the lottery, of course it's just a coincidence that it's with the team we just embarrassed in the CL, it's all ongoing/pre planned, and is just the bile inducing side to the game, don't care whether they stay or go tbh, but we'd just repeat the cycle with whoever replaced them soon enough.

MancunianBIue

Supports
Manchester Ciy
As I said earlier in another thread, United continually missing out on Champions League is now having an effect on how you're perceived. It's no longer automatically assumed you will return to the Champions League and a narrative is starting to be set, not surprised by Ndombele news.

BlueHaze

Last few games has got them worried about how crap they've looked, because these players are the ones that played in those games..

Pogba wants a shed load more money per wk, Lukaku has ideas of grandeur way above his ability level and wants to tell everyone, DDG seems to think he's worth twice what he is now, and Herrera has just won the lottery, of course it's just a coincidence that it's with the team we just embarrassed in the CL, it's all ongoing/pre planned, and is just the bile inducing side to the game, don't care whether they stay or go tbh, but we'd just repeat the cycle with whoever replaced them soon enough.
Unless we start to seriously challenge for trophies again I'm afraid this is true.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Unless we start to seriously challenge for trophies again I'm afraid this is true.
My serious worry is we won't attract the calibre of player we need to get back to the top. People saying we did before when in the EL, but LvG and Jose still had great reputations as coaches. Really not sure Ole is an attraction. Players have their careers to think of and it is if the name of Manchester United still carries the same clout and same for our so-called project. We seem to be in continuous projects.

Mcking

If Pogba and Herrera leaves, then three additions in midfield would be great.
Ndombele Rodri​
Bruno Fernandes​
No square pegs in round holes, a complete midfield on paper.

Jericholyte2

There are days when I genuinely wish we could push a big red button and social media would have just vanished in a puff of smoke. Transfer windows were so much more bearable without it (and were still two months from the window even opening!).

DomesticTadpole

There are days when I genuinely wish we could push a big red button and social media would have just vanished in a puff of smoke. Transfer windows were so much more bearable without it (and were still two months from the window even opening!).
It's annoying that coming up to the business end of the season you can lose half your team apparently to other teams. It is not great to keep players focused. Managers must hate it.

BlueHaze

My serious worry is we won't attract the calibre of player we need to get back to the top. People saying we did before when in the EL, but LvG and Jose still had great reputations as coaches. Really not sure Ole is an attraction. Players have their careers to think of and it is if the name of Manchester United still carries the same clout and same for our so-called project. We seem to be in continuous projects.
I think this is a scenario most of us have thought about. I hope and think it won't be that much of a problem but I can't stop thinking about what will happen if this is the case. We are already so far behind the top and if we are going to struggle with recruitments on top of that it could turn out really bad. The summer window is going to be absolutely crucial and I hope the club treats it as such or else I have a feeling we're fecked.

DomesticTadpole

I think this is a scenario most of us have thought about. I hope and think it won't be that much of a problem but I can't stop thinking about what will happen if this is the case. We are already so far behind the top and if we are going to struggle with recruitments on top of that it could turn out really bad. The summer window is going to be absolutely crucial and I hope the club treats it as such or else I have a feeling we're fecked.
:(

C'est Moi Cantona

We're miles off, and some people think a high turnover of players this summer is going to improve things..

It just seems we don't learn, I'm not knocking Ole, we might as well give him go, but as little as 2/3 months ago we were going to get Poch, get a proper DOF, & 'modernise', a decent plan finally.. now we've got our top players holding us to ransom, we're briefing the media with the same old tiresome crap about what we're going to do in the summer, and all seemingly under the same system as before, as the old saying goes 'only a madman does the same thing over and over again expecting a different result', or something like that anyway.

DomesticTadpole

We're miles off, and some people think a high turnover of players this summer is going to improve things..

It just seems we don't learn, I'm not knocking Ole, we might as well give him go, but as little as 2/3 months ago we were going to get Poch, get a proper DOF, & 'modernise', a decent plan finally.. now we've got our top players holding us to ransoms, we're briefing the media with the same old tiresome crap about what we're going to do in the summer, and all seemingly under the same system as before, as the old saying goes 'only a madman does the same thing over and over again expecting a different result', or something like that anyway.
It is the names being thrown about, as though they will be clamouring to play for us. That we are Manchester United, that is enough. We were Manchester United, now we are just the name, the club disappeared years ago. I just need something to give me a lift, CL football would help us. I just worry that these players are just going to stroll to the end of the season when these last few games are vital. Our whole transfer policy could hinge on it.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

It just seems we don't learn, I'm not knocking Ole, we might as well give him go, but as little as 2/3 months ago we were going to get Poch, get a proper DOF, & 'modernise', a decent plan finally.. now we've got our top players holding us to ransom, we're briefing the media with the same old tiresome crap about what we're going to do in the summer, and all seemingly under the same system as before, as the old saying goes 'only a madman does the same thing over and over again expecting a different result', or something like that anyway.
We can't control our players and their greedy agents. The profile of players (young) is at least different to years gone by.

I'm excited about the summer and future under OGS. He will go after younger players for the long term as well as integrate youth.

DoF is inevitable after the club and managers recent comments - this process has seemed ass backwards mind you.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Who gives a feck about Messi’s wage and transfer fee :lol: he’s the greatest of all time.
On a smaller scale we brought Sanchez and that didn't work out so well! Not saying same issue with Messi, but who knows how many good years we'd get.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
First of all, it's imperative we qualify for the CL. We are going to have a hard time convincing these players to join us without it. Second, we should have conviction in our own direction as a club to tell all these players to leave if they want to. But that would need complete faith in Ole as the right manager. I hope the board have it and tbh, it was why Poch was always my first choice, he has built a top quality squad before. it would have been easier to have faith in him. However, that's too late now. For better or worse we have nailed our mast to the Ole ship and we have to go all in.
Most of these players have shown time and time again, they're are not worth fighting for. if not for the logistical problems of replacing so many players, I'd be actively pushing some of them out. Apart from Dave and Pogba(who has his own question marks), I would not be busting my neck to keep the others threatening to go. Lukaku, Mata, Herrera etc have shown themselves not to be good enough for where we want to be. In fact, Lukaku openly touting himself out is a blessing, I wish Sanchez would do the same. A club with a clear identity would never have signed them.
I am despondent with our pathetic form, I am not the most optimistic normally but I do not share the same doom and loom as other about all these stories. These players are welcome to go.
Lets build a dynamic, talented side and hope we have learnt from our mistakes.

Irrational.

If the Pogba rumours are true (I think they are), I hope we pre-emptively buy players before he's sold. Otherwise we'll have a situation where every club will take us to the cleaners.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
First of all, it's imperative we qualify for the CL. We are going to have a hard time convincing these players to join us without it. Second, we should have conviction in our own direction as a club to tell all these players to leave if they want to. But that would need complete faith in Ole as the right manager. I hope the board have it and tbh, it was why Poch was always my first choice, he has built a top quality squad before. it would have been easier to have faith in him. However, that's too late now. For better or worse we have nailed our mast to the Ole ship and we have to go all in.
Most of these players have shown time and time again, they're are not worth fighting for. if not for the logistical problems of replacing so many players, I'd be actively pushing some of them out. Apart from Dave and Pogba(who has his own question marks), I would not be busting my neck to keep the others threatening to go. Lukaku, Mata, Herrera etc have shown themselves not to be good enough for where we want to be. In fact, Lukaku openly touting himself out is a blessing, I wish Sanchez would do the same. A club with a clear identity would never have signed them.
I am despondent with our pathetic form, I am not the most optimistic normally but I do not share the same doom and loom as other about all these stories. These players are welcome to go.
Lets build a dynamic, talented side and hope we have learnt from our mistakes.
It feels a bit depressing reading about players wanting out and others not wanting to join because they doubt our long-term competiveness. At the same time, if that is the attitude of players, they dont have the right mentality.

If a 22 year old from France dont want to play for Man Utd because he doubt us, then I’m not sure he is the right man for us. There are so many talented footballers, that I dont worry to much about it. We need gifted players but they also need the attitude of McTominay. Liverpool and Spurs was built on buying talents many people questioned. Talents similar to those SAF built this club on.

NJM78

Anyone else think this transfer window will suck. I just cannot get on board about us actually getting it right. I also think this season is going to end on a downer by being knocked out comfortably by Barcelona, failing to get top 4 and then watching Liverpool or City win the league. Never mind potentially losing our two best players in the summer.

I need something positive to happen soon...:lol:

R'hllor

Seems we tried that since SAF retired, maybe we should change our approach and get almost made players, reshape and build them into players we need for the top.

Infra-red

Anyone else think this transfer window will suck. I just cannot get on board about us actually getting it right. I also think this season is going to end on a downer by being knocked out comfortably by Barcelona, failing to get top 4 and then watching Liverpool or City win the league. Never mind potentially losing our two best players in the summer.

I need something positive to happen soon...:lol:
As said further up in the thread, it is the same recruitment and negotiating team who have been messing everything up for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.