Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Seems we tried that since SAF retired, maybe we should change our approach and get almost made players, reshape and build them into players we need for the top.
Maybe. but that could be risky, I am not against it by the way. You could find the next big thing or you could find someone who was playing at a lower club for a good reason.

BlueHaze

Anyone else think this transfer window will suck. I just cannot get on board about us actually getting it right. I also think this season is going to end on a downer by being knocked out comfortably by Barcelona, failing to get top 4 and then watching Liverpool or City win the league. Never mind potentially losing our two best players in the summer.

I need something positive to happen soon...:lol:
Wether we make top 4 or not if they repeat what they did last summer they should be hounded out of the club. They make an absolute fortune out of us fans and they need to spend that money wisely. This whole idea of us scrapping for 4th every year has become incredibly frustrating. If it carries on like this fans will become impatient and turn on the Glazers. Actually especially now with Ole in charge, if he doesn't get what he wishes in the summer and we have a bad start the environment will probably become highly toxic again.

deadrevelz

While I've been feeling pessimistic recently, the idea we can't buy players to get us competing again is silly really. Liverpool haven't won the league for 30 years but they bought good players. Their best players - VVD, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Alisson weren't massive names that everyone was fighting over. They sold their 'best players' Coutinho and Suarez and reinvested the money so they became better after they left.

Our main problems are everything else apart from the transfers... we're a bloated monstrosity of a club, structurally crumbling, wrong priorities, bad people in charge.

While I've been feeling pessimistic recently, the idea we can't buy players to get us competing again is silly really. Liverpool haven't won the league for 30 years but they bought good players. Their best players - VVD, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Alisson weren't massive names that everyone was fighting over. They sold their 'best players' Coutinho and Suarez and reinvested the money so they became better after they left.

Our main problems are everything else apart from the transfers... we're a bloated monstrosity of a club, structurally crumbling, wrong priorities, bad people in charge.
Plus Robertson, Millner and Henderson

DomesticTadpole

Plus Robertson, Millner and Henderson
Good manager who is getting everything out of them as well. Could you imagine if we had got Klopp. Well actually I think Klopp is at the right club, he is allowed to deal with things his way, they have bought exactly who he wants. Think he would have had problems with Ed.

Coops73

[

Nail, head, right there.

Litch

Another season of needing 5 players and pretty much the same positions.....when will it end?

AndyJ1985

Another season of needing 5 players and pretty much the same positions.....when will it end?
It probably won't end, because we keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

GBBQ

We brought in Pogba, Zlatan, Mhiki and Bailly with Europa League on the horizon on the promise of building a project (and top level wages thrown in for good measure).

We’re still a huge club and the win in Paris will serve as a reminder of our potential. We’ll be an extremely attractive prospect to most players. Let’s wait until the window closes before we start writing the obituaries.

Judas

Open to offers
We brought in Pogba, Zlatan, Mhiki and Bailly with Europa League on the horizon on the promise of building a project (and top level wages thrown in for good measure).

We’re still a huge club and the win in Paris will serve as a reminder of our potential. We’ll be an extremely attractive prospect to most players. Let’s wait until the window closes before we start writing the obituaries.
Jose helped draw in those players though. That probably had a lot to do with it. I don’t see players having any sort of draw to work with Ole honestly.

Good manager who is getting everything out of them as well. Could you imagine if we had got Klopp. Well actually I think Klopp is at the right club, he is allowed to deal with things his way, they have bought exactly who he wants. Think he would have had problems with Ed.
This is why I don't think we will prosper until Woodward leaves or we get new owners. We just keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

After this summer there's nowhere for Woodward to hide.

DomesticTadpole

This is why I don't think we will prosper until Woodward leaves or we get new owners. We just keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

After this summer there's nowhere for Woodward to hide.
Think if he doesn't get it right, then he will be the focus. I would never have a go at Ole. Like a lot I was worried we named him manager before the season was over. I just think a lot of complacency had settled on the club. Which will be to our detriment if they don't wake up. If they hadn't named him then the players may have kept on performing.

Canagel

Exactly. I really don't think 1 year out of CL will affect us that much- if the players believe in Oles project we won't have much difficulty to get back into it for the next year. I hope we use the EL to field the B team youngsters like Greenwood, Chong, Garner etc and focus on the PL completely. If we're in it.

Litch

It probably won't end, because we keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Well we've tried appointing someone who was suppose to have been Alex's choice and in his mould, then we went for an older appointment with experience in managing top clubs, then we went for the manager that guaranteed success and a serial trophy winner and now the ex-player who knows the club and its ethos. All very different with ultimately the same outcome. We gone for proven prem quality, best players in their respective leagues, good young talent, promoted youth, broken transfer amounts each season, one of the highest amounts spent on a single team 2 seasons and one of the highest wage bills across Europe...we have done some things quite differently since SAF left yet still the same outcome?

Maybe all roads lead to Ed as I'm not sure what else differently we could have done.

Think if he doesn't get it right, then he will be the focus. I would never have a go at Ole. Like a lot I was worried we named him manager before the season was over. I just think a lot of complacency had settled on the club. Which will be to our detriment if they don't wake up. If they hadn't named him then the players may have kept on performing.
Same - if anything goes wrong now it's on Wooward/board

Judas

Open to offers
Ole will get stick next season if its a disaster on the pitch, but if the window goes badly? Woody will be getting all the abuse and attention. He can't hide behind a big manager, and we've seen him feck up for years now. He'll be the main focus.

Canagel

Ed knows what he's doing. He backed all our managers and will back Ole as well. It feels like the necessary changes are being made behind the scenes to be a real force within the next two/three years. We have the right manager now and this combination can bring us success. The long term view is one to get behind.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Let's see how the summer develops before we start burying the club.

Judas

Open to offers
Ed knows what he's doing. He backed all our managers and will back Ole as well. It feels like the necessary changes are being made behind the scenes to be a real force within the next two/three years. We have the right manager now and this combination can bring us success.
He didn't back Jose last season, yeah it was rightfully probably but we don't know for sure do we, what we do know is, he didn't get Jose who he wanted. He doesn't always back the managers. Pretty sure LVG has said Woody meddled too much as well.

To say he knows what he's doing sort of contradicts what we've seen so far.

haram

Ed knows what he's doing. He backed all our managers and will back Ole as well. It feels like the necessary changes are being made behind the scenes to be a real force within the next two/three years. We have the right manager now and this combination can bring us success. The long term view is one to get behind.
:lol:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Let's see how the summer develops before we start burying the club.
Don't talk sense on here.

People saying we are making the same mistakes before the window even begins :houllier:

deadrevelz

Is that really the right attitude? granted it’s way too early to blame him for anything, but everyone needs to be held accountable, no?
I think the best thing to do is to hold the club accountable regardless of whether Ole fails. Because otherwise, the cycle will continue for another 3-5 years of them pretending it's all down to the managers.

Better to have a well run club with a bad manager than a badly run club with a good manager. Because changing a manager is easy.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Spending £100m on the right players is better than spending £200m on the wrong profile of players.

Don't talk sense on here.

People saying we are making the same mistakes before the window even begins :houllier:
I'm talking about the structure of the club, the planning etc we were supposed to bring in DOF before we hired Ole it hasn't been done yet.

Canagel

He didn't back Jose last season, yeah it was rightfully probably but we don't know for sure do we, what we do know is, he didn't get Jose who he wanted. He doesn't always back the managers. Pretty sure LVG has said Woody meddled too much as well.

To say he knows what he's doing sort of contradicts what we've seen so far.
We didn't do business last year because the profile of players the manager wanted didn't match the DNA of United. We got all the other players he wanted including Sanchez to complete our attack.
If it wasn't for Ed we would've lost Martial and PP too. Ed didn't have a problem to sanction world record move for a top teenager when LVG wanted Martial so he got it done.
Ed is the public enemy number 1 here but very calm over this summer and have confidence we have at least 5/6 players lined up with similar outgoings.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We didn't do business last year because the profile of players the manager wanted didn't match the DNA of United. We got all the other players he wanted including Sanchez to complete our attack.
If it wasn't for Ed we would've lost Martial and PP too. Ed didn't have a problem to sanction world record move for a top teenager when LVG wanted Martial so he got it done.
I'm very calm over this summer and have confidence we have at least 5/6 players lined up with similar outgoings.
Out of curiosity why is Martial 100% the profile of a United player?

Was Toby Alderweirald not a united type player?

Di Maria, Darmien, Depay, Scheiderlin, Schweinstiger and Falcao all failed to meet our DNA.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm very calm over this summer and have confidence we have at least 5/6 players lined up with similar outgoings.
How come it didn't stop us all the other windows? We've not been buying players that "match the DNA of United" for years.

I'm not saying he's done everything badly, but I'm bemused how anyone can be confident. I'm not panicking, it's too early for that, but my expectations, are rightfully pathetically low.

vanderpants

This summer will be interesting on here to say the least, muppets will be built up then cruelly beaten down :smirk:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I'm talking about the structure of the club, the planning etc we were supposed to bring in DOF before we hired Ole it hasn't been done yet.
I agree about that. I wasn't referring to you, but people moaning about same mistakes in the transfer market - it hasn't even opened.

Devil may care

As far as the Pogba stuff goes I think we'll probably sell, I'm a big fan but his mentality is questionable and I think if we make him stay, which we can due to the amount of time left on his deal, he'll throw his toys out of the pram. The problem is it'll be one more player to replace on top of the 5 we already need.

My biggest worry is the forward situation, the rest of the positions I can see us getting some good buys in, but my concern is we are just going to buy a RW and either expect Rashford to develop hold-up play he doesn't have, or we are going to be a purely counter attack side which only really works against the better teams who are happy to have possession, it's going to see us continue our struggles with teams that cede possession, which is over half the teams in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.