Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drz

The part where you're trying to say that one match defines a player and how good they are
Oh no, sorry if it came out that way. He is a very good player and so young. A more accurate assessment would be that I'm afraid it's too early and too expensive.
If we do sign him, will back him 100%.

youmeletsfly

Isn't the definition of a code name something that should make the actual operation secret? A bit like the Enigma machine throwing out the same code that was typed into it.
Yeah, they should have bothered to at least name it the Octopus.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Let’s just set a price that increases week by week and stick to it. £100m if they sign him first week of window and an additional £5m per week thereafter. If they sign after a price he stays, simples.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Ballagué: It´s known that there is an agreement Hazard-Madrid. Chelsea think that will be able to sign this summer, as happened with Barça and Madrid will go to Madrid for 85-90 m€

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Lozano might be a great addition. But the last thing united need is a left winger, we already have those. I REALLY don't want United yet again buy another player for a position that's already filled. It's just a waste, unless he's good for the right or the attacking mid position or something.
He isnt a left winger. Read the thread.

SAFMUTD

Yeah? whys that?
He relies too much on pace, and from what I've seen pacy players that seem great in lower leagues tend to have a really hard time in stronger leagues such as the premier. He is really skinny as well so he has to make up for that as well.

I'm Mexican so I have seen a lot of his games since he played in Pachuca and now on PSV. He has scored a lot, but defenses in the eredivise are awful they provide way to much space that's why Lozano is so effective. It a tougher league it doesn't work this way.

I wouldn't mind having him as a squad option, but as a first choice I don't think he is, or will ever be, good enough.

Hawks2008

Yeah? whys that?
I don't think he offers anything new to the attack. I think we need a creative player in the final third more than we need another direct, goal-oreinted forward. Beyond that I'm cautious of signing forwards from the Eredivisie, for every Van Persie and Suarez it seems there are so many duds like Altidore, Janssen, Memphis etc.

NJM78

He relies too much on pace, and from what I've seen pacy players that seem great in lower leagues tend to have a really hard time in stronger leagues such as the premier. He is really skinny as well so he has to make up for that as well.

I'm Mexican so I have seen a lot of his games since he played in Pachuca and now on PSV. He has scored a lot, but defenses in the eredivise are awful they provide way to much space that's why Lozano is so effective. It a tougher league it doesn't work this way.

I wouldn't mind having him as a squad option, but as a first choice I don't think he is, or will ever be, good enough.
We had Mata who is as slow as my nan and not as strong. Then Lingard who has some pace but also gets knocked over easily if the wind picks up.

Out of curiosity who would you go for as a starting right sided attacker?

SAFMUTD

We had Mata who is as slow as my nan and not as strong. Then Lingard who has some pace but also gets knocked over easily if the wind picks up.

Out of curiosity who would you go for as a starting right sided attacker?
The obvious picks would be Sancho or Hudson-Odoi, they are strong skilled players who rely mostly on ability and not pace, while not being slow.

Appart from they I’m not really convinced by the other options, I mean the coin can flip either way with players like Pepe, Lozano, Neres.

I haven’t really followed Pepe and Neres to have a complete opinion, but most of Lozano’s goals are scored in counter attacks where he outruns the defense, like I said I don’t think he will be able to this here.

Scholsey2004

The obvious picks would be Sancho or Hudson-Odoi, they are strong skilled players who rely mostly on ability and not pace, while not being slow.

Appart from they I’m not really convinced by the other options, I mean the coin can flip either way with players like Pepe, Lozano, Neres.

I haven’t really followed Pepe and Neres to have a complete opinion, but most of Lozano’s goals are scored in counter attacks where he outruns the defense, like I said I don’t think he will be able to this here.
I'm inclined to agree with this. At one time we lacked pace but now we've got plenty. What we need more is creativity. City have several players who are nailed on creators whereas we've only really got one in pogba. We need an assist machine at right wing, ideally sancho, and an inventive midfielder who puts in defensive work as well like Bernardo Silva at city as our Herrera replacement. The obvious choice there seems to be Bruno Fernandes.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
To be honest a player of his quality for £25m would be excellent business. Even at his age. I'm happy if we buy laregly young players this summer but we need experience too, especially at the back.

£25m is peanuts these days too. If we get 2-3 quality seasons out of him it will be worthwhile.

Ban

Isn't Toby too old? I can see him losing his legs in 2 years and with no resale value we're in trouble.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Isn't Toby too old? I can see him losing his legs in 2 years and with no resale value we're in trouble.
£25m is nothing. If we get 2-3 good seasons it will be worth it. Our defence badly needs someone like him. Probably help likes of Lindelof, Smalling n Tuanzebe.

If we get Toby and 3-4 exciting young players for other positions I will be happy.

Raw

£25m is nothing. If we get 2-3 good seasons it will be worth it. Our defence badly needs someone like him. Probably help likes of Lindelof, Smalling n Tuanzebe.

If we get Toby and 3-4 exciting young players for other positions I will be happy.
Plus it saves us from spunking about £80m on a CB so we could use the funds to sort out our midfield and our right side. Far more pressing than CB in my opinion. We should be making the big CB signing when our team is settled, not in the midst of disarray when players are leaving and some aren't signing contracts. Similar to how Liverpool spent big on two positions to turn a top 4 team to a potential title winning team.

Woziak

The reality of the last 7 years are simply the club has flirted with a top 4 position, a few decent cup runs winning 3 out of 4 finals in 7 years and the loyalists amongst quoting the 2 community shield wins as 2 of the 5 trophies the club has won in that period. For the record our average position is 4.8 in the PL during that period!

Our transfer policy has been woeful, scattergun, throw money at it, find a fading Superstar who may come good like RVP did under Sir Alex but the reality is most of our new recruits do not understand the club and join soley for money.

Pogba does but is far too inconsistent and certainly No Ronaldo for us not to consider £150M transfer Fee(Plus make them throw in Marcelo), it makes complete sense however we can not let De Gea and Rashford go as well so sign the other 2 up on fat new contracts and sell Pogba.

Hear me out for a moment, £200M+200M(Pogba, Sanchez, Darmian, Rojo, Baily, Herrera, Mata, Valencia) and resetting the wage bill structure with probably only D De Gea on £350k per week allows the club to rethink it's strategy while probably playing Europa League Football and allowing more of our youth like Greenwood, Angel, Taith and Axel to develop as much as it pains me to say!

Now armed with £400M Transfer Budget and hopefully having learned lessons from our previous mistakes we can buy PL proven footbballers who are obtainably, young British players who understand the size of the club and know that part of United's DNA is to always play youth and give youth a Chance and then 1 or 2 of the very best World Class players in their position.

Therefore we could sell or release 7 players and bring in the following 8;

T Audeweireld - PL proven/30 - £25M
W Bissaka - PL Proven/British/20 - £40M
K Koulibaly - Elite in Position/ 27 - £90M
Marcelo - Fading but LB Back up/ 31 - Free

A Dacoure - PL proven / 26 - £40M
D Rice - PL Proven /British/ 19 - £50M
C Eriksen - PL Proven/Elite/ 27 - £75M
(
Only has 1 year left on contract, wages are less than 100k per week obtainable!)

J Sancho - Elite / British/ 19 - £80M

Of course something like this is never going to happen but I do believe if 6 players from this list or similar calibre of player were to be signed most people would be more than ok with Pogba being Sold!

Last edited:

2E_MUFC

We are terrible at selling so who cares about resale value anyway. Koulibaly is 27 and would cost probably 90-100mil. So there would be no resale value on him either.

To be honest a player of his quality for £25m would be excellent business. Even at his age. I'm happy if we buy laregly young players this summer but we need experience too, especially at the back.

£25m is peanuts these days too. If we get 2-3 quality seasons out of him it will be worthwhile.
I just hope his wages won't be too high

Status
Not open for further replies.