Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam147

I think he's off to City, the style of play and the pull of Guardiola will be too much sadly.
Yeah he is a top class CM and is still young. Maybe we should be going for Partey instead. I wouldn't complain if we signed him.

sam147

Is it even possible that they let both these players go? They've already lost Hernandez.
He has a release clause so if se move quick it may be possible. Hopefully Ole and Phelan saw him against Barcelona. The guy is so good.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What type of player does our style and manager pull? Genuine question.
Our pull comes from being a huge club with lots of money. The pull seems to have nose dived when it comes to style of play and manager in the last 6 years.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He has a release clause so if se move quick it may be possible. Hopefully Ole and Phelan saw him against Barcelona. The guy is so good.
How much is his clause? I tend not to watch much football these days outside of our games because its depressing to see the difference in quality between us and other big teams, so haven't seen a lot of this guy. But what makes you rate him so highly?

sam147

Partey or Rhodri?
Both have release clauses. Partey looked brilliant in midfield, he is said to be a tank of a CM. He is all that and so much more. He was composed on the ball and picks the right passes.

How much is his clause? I tend not to watch much football these days outside of our games because its depressing to see the difference in quality between us and other big teams, so haven't seen a lot of this guy. But what makes you rate him so highly?
43milion which is well worth it considering how much the likes of Drinkwater went for. I agree, both Barcelona and Atletico have great teams. Partey has strength and energy which everyone talks about. However, his passing and composure on the ball are underrated. He has been brilliant on the ball everytime I have seen him play, not only in terms of passing range but in picking the correct passes. He is also quite mobile and great in the tackle. He also has a real belter of a shot from outside the box. The guys a warrior on the pitch and I can see why Simeone likes him. Having Partey at DM will not only improve us defensively but it will also give us more attacking power. Another thing is the guy is versatile, he played RB after Costa got sent off and dealt with Alba's attacking runs really well. The guy has it all.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Not when you need half a team.
Realistically we need a CB, RW, RB and one CM at least. When average players are going for 40-50 mill, it will be hard to get quality players for 40-50 mill
You have the players out there. Just need to find the right fit.

For a start, we don't need to sign Sancho like players for 100m this year. Pellegrini ,Manolas,Meunier all are available for less than 50m. You just need to do some good homework

Sanche7

You have the players out there. Just need to find the right fit.

For a start, we don't need to sign Sancho like players for 100m this year. Pellegrini ,Manolas,Meunier all are available for less than 50m. You just need to do some good homework
We have been doing just that for the last few years and somehow all those transfers or most of them have flopped. I'm OK with Meunier but is Manolas way better than what we have? How sure are we that Pellegrini can make the step up

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Yes. That’s exactly how shops work so I don’t get your point at all.
Poor example granted, but surely you dont need a point when its obvious someone saying they have loads if money to spend will increase prices? If you say your budget is 200m then sellers are going to try and get their hands on as much of that 200m as possible?

Trizy

We're miles behind City in terms of pull because how we've pissed away the past 6 years. Any player hungry for success would pick them over us, especially while Pep is still there.

lysglimt

Scout
We're miles behind City in terms of pull because how we've pissed away the past 6 years. Any player hungry for success would pick them over us, especially while Pep is still there.
Even if that is the case - so what ? City might buy 2-3 players this summer - that still leaves a lot of good players for us to buy

red_de_pologne

Unfortunately there’s not a scenario where two World XI type players want to bounce around the Europa League every other season. Team needs quantity and quality and big sales are going to have to be made to accomplish it a la Liverpool.
Fully agree, but I'm worried our best players leaving won't even be big sales like Coutinho was, De Gea might leave for free and we're already hearing Real will offer some of their deadwood to get Pogba

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
So was Andrea Berta also responsible for signing Rodri and Partey?

Even if he didn't, there's no denying the man has an eye for spotting talent.

He's the kind of DOF I'd like to see at United, but I'm not holding my breath.

NJM78

Hehe. ‘Inter are monitoring the situation with the only obstacles being the fee and the salary’. Ah okay then.
I have been monitoring Jessica Alba for years but the only obstacles in my way are my face and salary.

Seriously though, it's all we hear about when anyone is interested in our players. It's so frustrating.

Judas

Open to offers
Basically. People might not like to admit, but we're only beating them to players if they're not interested or we're willing to pay disgraceful wages.

Judas

Open to offers
He's not someone who will take us up a level. Plus he prefers to play on the left doesn't he? Or am I wrong? Pretty well stocked there, even if the options have spotty form.

NJM78

He's not someone who will take us up a level. Plus he prefers to play on the left doesn't he? Or am I wrong? Pretty well stocked there, even if the options have spotty form.
Played more on right than left so far this season and has a very good goals and assist return. For me he would clearly take us up a level from Lingard and Mata.

NJM78

Lozano certainly seems like a good player, however I'm pretty sure his best performances have been from the left wing, rather than the right. Am I correct?
10 goals 7 assists from right. 7 goals 1 assist from left.

Sanche7

If we lose Sanchez Mata and Lukaku, we should buy a RW and a player who can play across the front three, who won't cost much. Lozano could be that player for us. United fan and has done well on both the right and left wing.

Fosu-Mens

If we lose Sanchez Mata and Lukaku, we should buy a RW and a player who can play across the front three, who won't cost much. Lozano could be that player for us. United fan and has done well on both the right and left wing.
Sensible fee, somewhere between starter and benchoption. As long as this is not the "main" rw signing.

Trizy

If we sign Sancho I wouldn't be opposed to signing this dude too. Great depth option. Only 23 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.