Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why is Woody going around bragging about this 200 million figure? What will that get us, 2 WC players? Barely
We need like 5-6 very good players including a WC CB + attacker and that's not considering the possibility of our best two players Pogba and DDG leaving.
If we want to compete, we will have to spend way more than 200 mill
Exactly. Means feck all. It's the same as spending 100m this summer and 100m last summer. Fulham amounts!

Boy has the market changed.

deafepl

200m of a spend won't be enough to fix this team.
I believe that is net but yeah I agree it won't be enough but it can improve us if we get transfer rights, we are not going to be PL and UCL favorites overnight with 200m net spending. Our priority is to improve ourselves and be closer to the title than to 5 and maybe we can be ready to challenge top club for 2020/21 or 22 and adding new quality players in 2020 and 2021 summer.our

We should have more than 200mil to spend considering we haven't spent in the last two windows

AndyJ1985

£200m could improve us massively IF we were competent at scouting and negotiating transfers. But therein lies the problem

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well we wont fix everything in one window no matter what.
Yeah, that's also true. But I don't see us plugging as many holes so efficiently like Liverpool did in one window last summer (fixed goalkeeper, bought the best centre back in the world and bolstered the midfield with two players, one of which can fill in multiple positions defensively).

Why would you be sceptical when we have spent huge money in recent summers?
I'm not as confident as others that Ole will receive such a handsome budget to work with.

£200m could improve us massively IF we were competent at scouting and negotiating transfers. But therein lies the problem
Pretty much this^
You give this reported 200 million fee to any other top sides in the league and you'll feel confident they would use it wisely.
Us on the otherhand ? not so much.

Don’t brag about it Woodward you absolute weapon. Go on and do it and keep your mouth shut.
If these are continual briefs from the master negotiator I wish he would tone it down a few notches.

Sanche7

I don't know where the problem is. The players City and Pool sign are not exactly hidden gems. Keita, VVD, Fabinho, Robertson, Walker, Laporte, Sterling, KDB - none of these guys were discovered by their scouting department. We on the other hand have tried a lot to find these lesser known players - Bailly, Dalot, Fred, Martial, Herrera, Lindelof and even Blind : none of them were well established or well known when we signed them

I think the problem lies with the managers buying players they have no idea how to use. Pogba, Di Maria, Mata, Mikhi being prime examples. Also we have been a bit unlucky, not many of the players we expected to make the step up, took that step up. This includes a long list from Smalling, Jones to Schneiderlin, Depay to Lukaku.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
200 m not enough? Seriously ? There are always good players out there !

Sanche7

Not when you need half a team.
Realistically we need a CB, RW, RB and one CM at least. When average players are going for 40-50 mill, it will be hard to get quality players for 40-50 mill

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I don't know where the problem is. The players City and Pool sign are not exactly hidden gems. Keita, VVD, Fabinho, Robertson, Walker, Laporte, Sterling, KDB - none of these guys were discovered by their scouting department. We on the other hand have tried a lot to find these lesser known players - Bailly, Dalot, Fred, Martial, Herrera, Lindelof and even Blind : none of them were well established or well known when we signed them

I think the problem lies with the managers buying players they have no idea how to use. Pogba, Di Maria, Mata, Mikhi being prime examples. Also we have been a bit unlucky, not many of the players we expected to make the step up, took that step up. This includes a long list from Smalling, Jones to Schneiderlin, Depay to Lukaku.
I'd argue the likes of Martial and Herrera were similar to Keita and Robertson in terms of 'knownness'. Martial played Champions League football prior to us signing him - he even played in two legs against Arsenal for Monaco, and Herrera played against us in the Europa League where we lost both legs.

haram

I'd argue the likes of Martial and Herrera were similar to Keita and Robertson in terms of 'knownness'. Martial played Champions League football prior to us signing him - he even played in two legs against Arsenal for Monaco, and Herrera played against us in the Europa League where we lost both legs.
Keita had more hype than Martial.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
But when you're shouting your mouth about how much money you have to spend a month before the transfer window is open then fees are going to go up, this is what winds every United fan up.

2E_MUFC

Where is this DOF that we was told was incoming? We haven’t learnt a thing imo. Don’t suddenly see how our recruitment is going to be fixed just because we have a new manager. We had one of the best managers in the world. Although his style was right for us. It wasn’t his fault that the recruitment after the first season was tragic.

Nick7

It’s not Jose telling them to this time, it’s the players actions that are causing the reaction.
Pogba has been brilliant since December and people want him gone after two losses in a row. It's knee jerk, reactionary bollocks by people that care more about the transfer window than the club. Signing 6/7 players and getting rid of our best ones won't help the club, Windows like that always destabilise clubs.

tonnas

Not when you need half a team.
Realistically we need a CB, RW, RB and one CM at least. When average players are going for 40-50 mill, it will be hard to get quality players for 40-50 mill
4 players are not half a team!

ForestRGoinUp

Pogba has been brilliant since December and people want him gone after two losses in a row. It's knee jerk, reactionary bollocks by people that care more about the transfer window than the club. Signing 6/7 players and getting rid of our best ones won't help the club, Windows like that always destabilise clubs.
Also not sure how keeping and overpaying star players who constantly act like another club is better is the way to go.

Rolaholic

So we just blanketly believe Real Madrid propaganda papers and get rid?
De Gea would have a few Champions League titles to his name by now if Marca were the quality source so many here believe them to be :lol:

Agendas/Emotion > Facts is the rule of the cafe

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I agree with you completely.

I look at our rivals and their players are harmonious and seemingly enjoying being at their respective clubs, yet we have to deal with a constant barrage of shit from our players and their agents.

We have Romelu Fecking Lukaku talking about stepping up to a team that wins trophies ffs. He should be the first to be shown the door.

There is honestly no one in this squad I’m desperate to keep - that’s how broken the club feels.

Rip it all up and start afresh.
Arsenal and Chelsea?

purgethefallen

We're talking about Pogba and De Gea, two of our best players. Don't think there's a scenario when your best players wanting out is a good thing unfortunately.
No player is bigger than Manchester United, it's been proven in the past and will be no different if they leave.

In some ways it might be better if they did, complete rebuild both skill and attitude wise.

Cliche Guevara

But when you're shouting your mouth about how much money you have to spend a month before the transfer window is open then fees are going to go up, this is what winds every United fan up.
You reckon?

Man United try and sign a £40m player. The selling club say ‘hang on, that guy was apparently in the British papers a couple of months ago saying they had £200m to spend. This is such surprising information. Let’s ask for £80m’...

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
You reckon?

Man United try and sign a £40m player. The selling club say ‘hang on, that guy was apparently in the British papers a couple of months ago saying they had £200m to spend. This is such surprising information. Let’s ask for £80m’...
I didn't say double, but it would go up! You think a guy walking into the jewellers saying he has loads of cash to spend on a ring is going to be given the sale price?

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
I didn't say double, but it would go up! You think a guy walking into the jewellers saying he has loads of cash to spend on a ring is going to be given the sale price?
How about he goes in to said jeweller and claims he has 2 grand to spend equally on 4 rings?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Liked by Christian Falk who is the chief sports writer at SportBild.
I have to agree with the people at Bayern from what I've seen.

jesperjaap

Why is Woody going around bragging about this 200 million figure? What will that get us, 2 WC players? Barely
We need like 5-6 very good players including a WC CB + attacker and that's not considering the possibility of our best two players Pogba and DDG leaving.
If we want to compete, we will have to spend way more than 200 mill

But if this 200 is before sales, then yeah maybe, but I don't think we will get much from sales. Darmian, Rojo, Bailly, Sanchez, Lukaku - 110 to 120 million pounds. 320 million would be barely enough for Sancho, Koulibaly, Ndombele and another CM, say Rice/ Rodri
Would still need a RB and another attacker as we would be losing Mata, Sanchez and Lukaku.
Spot on £200m is just about right if we are signing 3 or 4 max players which is the minimum we need. Is some of the players hinted to leave do, we will be recieving more than that anyway and as crazy as it sounds, actually be needing to spend nearer £500m

Devil may care

Yeah, he's flashy and produces exciting moments but I don't think he's that great all round, he gets away with a lot of loose dribbling in Ligue 1 from the games I've seen.

Devil may care

Yeah, he's flashy and produces exciting moments but I don't think he's that great all round, he gets away with a lot of loose dribbling in Ligue 1 from the games I've seen.

jesperjaap

I trust Solskjaer to put something together better than we have now. Even we could do that. Suppose there is the issue of Woodward though.
Yes very true, can you imagine the strategies put before:

Moyes "We seem to have a lot of square pegs in round holes Edward. I propose we spend a club record on Mata to play out wide and buy a midfield destroyer, I have a great proposal of Fellaini having managed him before"

LVG "We seem to have a lot of square pegs in round holes Edward. I propose we spend a club record on Angel DiMaria, he has bene fantastic as an attacking midfielder for Madrid, I may play him out wide though. I also think our defence needs world class additions to brin gus back to the R|Io ad Vidic days, I propose Blind and Rojo"

Mourinho "..." to be fair his first window looked a good one

SOlkjear "We can build the side around Paul Pogba...." wonder how good his strategy may look in a couple of months with possible worst case scenario of no cl football and several top players trying to leave

TsuWave

We aren’t going to build the spine and mentality of the club properly on people like Pogba and Sanchez.
Pogba the best player at the club and United academy graduate? Same guy that was vilified for saying we should play attacking football? somehow he doesn’t get the mentality of the club because of a drop in form?

Status
Not open for further replies.