g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muhammad Fauzi

Ciro Venerato (RAI journalist): "Kalidou Koulibaly at United for 150m is bull****. In fact, they are talking to Mino Raiola for Roma’s Kostas Manolas who has a €36m termination clause." #MUFC

Devil may care

Plus Bale literally won them the CL last season and has been a integral part in their success.
Its all very much about the present with the Madrid fans at the Bernabeu. Like one commentator said a few years back 'they see sentimentality as a weakness'.Crikey.
This is actually true IMO but it's up to the club to be ruthless with moving past their best players on, not the fans to boo them out of the club.

Ciro Venerato (RAI journalist): "Kalidou Koulibaly at United for 150m is bull****. In fact, they are talking to Mino Raiola for Roma’s Kostas Manolas who has a €36m termination clause." #MUFC
Might as well burn the money and heat Old Trafford for a week.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If being back in Madrid is DDG's alternative to being here (my opinion, he wants to stay if we pay him), and if he isn't going to sign a new contract, a straight swap with Oblak is my preferred choice.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sign Oblak and we wouldnt even care de Gea was gone.
Agreed. Not even that fussed over De Gea personally. Not that I don’t recognise he’s the best, but he’s just a goalkeeper still. Get another top keeper.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The Mirror piece regarding the two Goalkeeping replacements is made up by the Mirror. They don't even put a name of a Journo to it, which is telling.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Replacing de gea with oblak would be pretty unnoticeable, I reckon. Replacing him with Pickford? Give me strength

Trizy

Sign Oblak and we wouldnt even care de Gea was gone.
Exactly. I like all United fans who have endured the past 6 years absolutely love De Gea. He is the sole reason we won so many games but his shot stopping (second to none in history) would be balanced over the season against his poor ability to play the ball, come for it and command. Oblak is the best keeper in the world at the moment.

Infestissumam

Pickford is probably just thrown in there because there's been rumours of Ole wanting a British core. If you're a "journalist" it's an easy link to establish if you want to.

Oblak would be great if DDG left. No thanks to Pickford obviously.

zeekey

Think I’d rather take my chances with Hendo over Pickford if it came to it.

OohAahMartial

Ole said he has the best goalkeeping department in football...let them battle it out for it, Romero, Henderson, Pereira, Grant, more than enough.

Scholsey2004

Ole said he has the best goalkeeping department in football...let them battle it out for it, Romero, Henderson, Pereira, Grant, more than enough.
Yeah we know for a fact that Romero is a safe pair of hands because we've won cup competitions with him as first choice. Give him de gea's current role and give Henderson the fa cup and the league cup.

AndyJ1985

I think in the longer term most of our players would be doing us a favour by leaving. Being forced in to a big rebuild may be exactly what we need. Our team feels fundamentally broken anyway, and making a few changes every summer doesn't seem to make any difference whatsoever.

red_de_pologne

I think in the longer term most of our players would be doing us a favour by leaving. Being forced in to a big rebuild may be exactly what we need. Our team feels fundamentally broken anyway, and making a few changes every summer doesn't seem to make any difference whatsoever.
We're talking about Pogba and De Gea, two of our best players. Don't think there's a scenario when your best players wanting out is a good thing unfortunately.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I agree with you completely.

I look at our rivals and their players are harmonious and seemingly enjoying being at their respective clubs, yet we have to deal with a constant barrage of shit from our players and their agents.

We have Romelu Fecking Lukaku talking about stepping up to a team that wins trophies ffs. He should be the first to be shown the door.

There is honestly no one in this squad I’m desperate to keep - that’s how broken the club feels.

Rip it all up and start afresh.

SAred

Lee Martin Scores , Sir Alex legacy begins
So all the players where excited to play under Ole but now he has become full time they want to jump ship, really. Strange how well Paul was playing
and then all of s sudden Zidane is back at Madrid has oppose to Jose and his form just disappears. When Ronaldo flirted with Madrid he never once dropped
his level of play. Time to cash in his head has turned. And for the rest that want a small African countries GDP to play for United they to can leave, the Sanchez
deal was a mistake.

Treble

I agree with you completely.

I look at our rivals and their players are harmonious and seemingly enjoying being at their respective clubs, yet we have to deal with a constant barrage of shit from our players and their agents.

We have Romelu Fecking Lukaku talking about stepping up to a team that wins trophies ffs. He should be the first to be shown the door.

There is honestly no one in this squad I’m desperate to keep - that’s how broken the club feels.

Rip it all up and start afresh.
I understand the frustration but this "revolutionary road" of rebuilding United is completely utopian. Most of the players are normal professionals who would thrive under Klopp or Guardiola. Hey, they have put in some good performances under Ole too. It is not impossible that they surprise Barca or make the top 4 by winning 5 of the last 6 league games. Let's see first how the season ends before starting to get on their backs.

Thiagoal

Interesting how since Jose has left, every Castles article portrays Utd in a negative light, either our structure is wrong or players want to leave. Surely it's just a coincidence.:smirk:
Was wondering the same thing! Castles is the biggest joke of a journalist out there! Absolutely loved us last year when Mourinho was feeding him lines; now he has turned into a bitter fool! How he gets paid for the tripe he spouts I'll never know!

Coops73

Was wondering the same thing! Castles is the biggest joke of a journalist out there! Absolutely loved us last year when Mourinho was feeding him lines; now he has turned into a bitter fool! How he gets paid for the tripe he spouts I'll never know!
Have you ever listened to the podcast he’s on? I’ve only listened a couple of times but It’s fecking atrocious, 3 Scottish blokes talking like everything they say is fact and that Castles fella is clearly pissed that Mourinho no longer calls him, like a spurned lover his bitterness is consuming him.

Matt007a

Lukaku thinking he is good enough for Madrid or Barca is hilarious. If those are the clubs he will leave us for I think it’s safe to say he’s staying.

soapythecat

We're talking about Pogba and De Gea, two of our best players. Don't think there's a scenario when your best players wanting out is a good thing unfortunately.
I’m in the camp that does not see Pogba as one of our best players. Too inconsistent and very replaceable.
DDG clearly is and needs to be retained - to a point though. Wages can’t keep climbing like they are.

jesperjaap

While I've been feeling pessimistic recently, the idea we can't buy players to get us competing again is silly really. Liverpool haven't won the league for 30 years but they bought good players. Their best players - VVD, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Alisson weren't massive names that everyone was fighting over. They sold their 'best players' Coutinho and Suarez and reinvested the money so they became better after they left.

Our main problems are everything else apart from the transfers... we're a bloated monstrosity of a club, structurally crumbling, wrong priorities, bad people in charge.
Totally agree with your first paragraph and not so much with the second. Look at Liverpool before Klopp arrived, they were further away than we were now, what was it three years ago? They got the right manager (the one I wanted to replace Ferguson) ad have spent a lot of money on the right players that the manager has got to perform.

Moyes was never the right manager, LVG I actually thought would do well and Mourinho was always a ticking timebomb as soon as he arrived. But look at the half a billion or so that has been spent on round pegs in square holes or plain average players.

Because of this we will be going into another season with pretty much a new manager, still needing 4 signings if no major names leave, possibly 7. As so much of the recruitment has again been poor we will also still several years later before the window unbelievable have Jones, Smalling and Young as virtual first choice defenders and Lingard as our first choice right winger.

Paul Inces comment of anybody could come in and improve us was misinterpreted. Solkjear has done a wonderful job up to now, but the honeymoon period is over, he has a huge job, is he good enough I dont know but transfer wise, apart from DeGea Im not too worried if any of the names linked to leave do. We have a group of players who dont seem to have right mental attitude or many who if we are honest are massively under performing.

I hope we get the incoming transfers right this summer both in terms of numbers and quality, as so far since Ferguson left only two windows havent left me hugely underwhelmed before the season even started.

jesperjaap

This is why I'm not on the Sancho train, I think waiting one more season for him and getting in a top, seasoned forward in this summer makes more sense, someone that can be the main man like Sanchez was meant to be and take some of the pressure off Martial and Rashford, giving them the room to develop.
Havent we already done that with the colossal failure of Sanchez, who is a great player and not worked and also with the colossal waste of £75m it was always going to be on Lukaku?

jesperjaap

So many negative comments regarding our players it's ridiculous..
I've been a supporter for over 35 years and despite how badly we played at times or how bad things were in Sir Alex's early reign, we also stayed positive... We always believed... Yes he had his detractors in the fan base and the team too for a short time but ultimately we pretty much held our heads up until recent times in which social media has given clout to the fearful moreso than the optimist.

I truly hope we have more fans who understand that part or our history also includes adversity... Some posters on here seem a little young to appreciate it and I see and hear pessimism more predominantly than positivity... Especially on this forum.

I appreciate everyone's opinion counts and this is just mine,but I fear we are part of the negative cog surrounding our club at times, especially seeing as the media also use forums like this to further their own agenda whether god or bad.

Support the team the club and manager.... Not at all costs but more predominantly... I'm sure people have the ability to write cohesive and positive things if they really put their minds ( not knee jerk reactions which can be used against us by media as gospel when the opposite is more likely true).

Pogba stays . We win Champions League.. Win league next season. How about that?
There is always knee jerk reactions but lets be honest, as ridiculous as it sounds, many fans were calling for Fergusons head in the early days

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I understand the frustration but this "revolutionary road" of rebuilding United is completely utopian. Most of the players are normal professionals who would thrive under Klopp or Guardiola. Hey, they have put in some good performances under Ole too. It is not impossible that they surprise Barca or make the top 4 by winning 5 of the last 6 league games. Let's see first how the season ends before starting to get on their backs.
It’s not just getting on their backs after a few crap results though. Some of these players have been getting away with it for years while the management and board (who are culpable too) have taken the brunt of it.

The ability of many within our squad is totally overstated, as shown by their consistent inability to do the basics, while their collective attitude stinks.

The players at this club are sickening and it’s completely turned me off from football. We have compiled a bunch of mercenaries, while genuine world class players at Liverpool and City get on with the task at hand with no fuss.

Pogba is a player who is the antithesis of what made us good under Ferguson. Compare and contrast against the likes of Silva, Aguero and De Bruyne.

Status
Not open for further replies.