g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'd very much like to see our annual wage bill before and after this window - just to see how much we're actually benefiting.

NJM78

If it wasn't our club I would think the Rashford story is bollocks but knowing us it's probably true with the ridiculous wages we throw about. I like Rashford but I do not think he will ever be a top class CF. Hope I'm proved wrong but I'm not as big a fan as many seem to be due to him being homegrown etc.

deafepl

If it wasn't our club I would think the Rashford story is bollocks but knowing us it's probably true with the ridiculous wages we throw about. I like Rashford but I do not think he will ever be a top class CF. Hope I'm proved wrong but I'm not as big a fan as many seem to be due to him being homegrown etc.
If we won't offer Herrera for more than 150k, what makes you think we'll offer Rashford 300K despite being 21 and never scored 20+ goal in a season?

acnumber9

Because he's been nowhere near good enough to warrant that kind of money. This is the first season he's hit double figures in the league, £300k is the sort of contract you give a 25-30 goal a season striker at the top of their game, not a 21 year old who still has it all to prove.
United salaries aren’t based on just what they do on the pitch. No way would United want to lose one of their more marketable players and his wage will reflect that.

mav_9me

Saul only became a relevant 'target' when some obscure reports linked him to us last week.Now he's supposedly one of our 'top targets'.
They,Journo's, dont have a clue.Building on from one rubbish rumour to the next to gain clinks.
Spot on. Just throwing random names.

Watch soon we will be linked with Rodri.

mav_9me

I don't think Rashford has proved himself worth 300K. Having said that we do not know if that's even true.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’m a huge Rashford fan, but £300k is fecking ridiculous.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don’t get the dissatisfaction with Declan Rice. I hate accusations like this but you can’t help but think if he were foreign he may be more highly regarded. I don’t know what he will become, but I do think he couldn’t have done much more this season in order to be an attractive young DM. He’s put in fantastic performances against the top sides too. Can also play centre half. Typical United signing I think.

DanWWFC

Supports
Wolves
I'd be very surprised if he went for anything over £60m. You don't sign players like Neves, who're going to use you as a stepping stone, if you're then going to price them out of their eventual move to a bigger team.
You signed Fred for £50mil odds ffs. Neves is the so called star of our project. We wouldn’t sell him for 60mil. He bought into the project, Mendes is heavily invested in it too, it’ll be 70+ easily

Hawks2008

I don’t get the dissatisfaction with Declan Rice. I hate accusations like this but you can’t help but think if he were foreign he may be more highly regarded. I don’t know what he will become, but I do think he couldn’t have done much more this season in order to be an attractive young DM. He’s put in fantastic performances against the top sides too. Can also play centre half. Typical United signing I think.
I disagree, I always see this argument trotted out but if anything the fact he is British is why there are people clamouring for him. There are other DM's of similar quality in the PL like Ndidi but not many are suggesting him as a serious transfer target and it would be the same for Rice if he was foreign (not that I want Ndidi).

Anyway I personally think his future is at CB, so I wouldn't mind Rice if that's the role he was brought in to play. However I don't think Rice is the right fit for our midfield.

tonnas

Clusterfeck of a club we are... no way we get Saul. We'll buy Rice at an inflated amount and he'll be shite. Our midfield will be truly atrocious next season. All for penny pinching with Herrera. And of course all this shite has to come out in the week leading up to our biggest game of the season. Fecking cnuts the lot of them.
Herrera is not worth 200k simple as that, fred has proven his worth in the psg and now barca games, if given time he will be better then herrera

Ban

I believe Daily Mirror about Marcus' salary. I mean if you cant believe them who can you believe.

passing-wind

Don't think there's any truth whatsoever in that article (300k PW). The recent performances show how much of a change is needed however im beginning to think that even 250 million is not enough.

We are going to need atleast just under 400 to make adequate changes around the field.

Last edited:

jesperjaap

Rice is not good enough. Saul is, but would be prohibitively expensive.
Completely agree with the second post. I have seen a lot of posts saying Rice isnt good enough, similar with Bissaka being rubbish as an attacking full back. Two young English players both under 21 and they have arguably been the best in there positions in the premiership this season?

I think Saul is a very good player and he can play in several positions too, personally the more I think about it, I am not sure how well he fits in to our side as a star though and for £100m+ that is a hell of a lot of money for somebody who I dont really think would be a game changer or game saver, I always personally loved Koke and still think he would be ideal for us, but never seems to have shown any interest in doing so in the past.

Even though £90-100m would be a lot of money, I think investing that in Rice and Bissaka would be a great investment when we look back on it in five years time.
For a DM Rice does all the simple things really really well, although being English is a factor on why I woul dsign him, as a few others I would pick ahead of him, dont know why people dont think he is good enough personally

deadrevelz

Herrera is not worth 200k simple as that, fred has proven his worth in the psg and now barca games, if given time he will be better then herrera
Didn't say he was. We could have extended his contract a couple of years back with minimal wage increase and avoided this situation altogether.

Bojan11

It says worth £300k a wage, I'm pretty sure it'll be a weekly wage plus incentives to take it up to £300k, not outright £300k.
Still shouldn’t be anywhere near that. Our finances are so wrong no wonder we got so many players who aren’t motivated.

For Rashfords ability anything over 100k is stretching it.

Ive looked at the City wage list compared to ours and it’s shocking how much we pay average.

BlueHaze

Don't know if we are even interested in Fernandes or not but I feel he would be lined up as a replacement for Paul.

deadrevelz

Don't know if we are even interested in Fernandes or not but I feel he would be lined up as a replacement for Paul.
He is very different to Pogba. They can play together with the right support. He might be more of a squad option but that's no bad thing if we can afford it, if City can do it why can't we?

sam147

He is very different to Pogba. They can play together with the right support. He might be more of a squad option but that's no bad thing if we can afford it, if City can do it why can't we?
They can play together because Bruno is a workhorse. However, if Pogba does leave I could see Bruno being moved to CAM to make up for Pogba's output. And United playing with 2 CMs behind Bruno. We might become a more effective unit. So in the long term it could be a good signing. Im all for signing him as long as we bring in a DM like Partey.

Status
Not open for further replies.