Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

Why would Lewa want to leave? Always competing for top honours. Can only imagine that someone else has shown interest e.g. PSG. Why else would he actively look away?
Because Bayern always come short in the champions league and in hindsight he should have gone from Dortmund to Madrid when he had the chance. Winning the bundesliga so easily probably gets boring.

He can also get bigger wages if he moves elsewhere and a cut from the transfer fee. It’s his last chance to get another big move.

Acole9

Outstanding
Clearly, you haven't watched him this season, he's by the best player for Sunderland and above everyone.
I've watched a fair bit of the Championship this season, no one has stood out, that's why they went down. They voted O'Shea as player of the season and he was shocking. Looked thoroughly embarrassed picking up the award as well.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Is Modric leaving? If he is I hope we are all over that!
I've always heard that he liked life in England a lot. It could be that he decides to look for another challenge now that he has won everything, and with more reason if he gets a super contract.
I guess that the club doesn't want to lose him, but right now Florentino has the socios at his feet. He could decide almost anything and people would end up accepting it.
Personally I hope he does not leave. I think the club deserves to give certain players a farewell as Iniesta, that is, knowing in advance that he will leave, with time to dedicate tributes

Booyakasha

Agree he hasnt impressed me much at all when I have seen him at right back, I rally like the look of the guy that took his place for Palace that has a name sounds like something out of Star Wars? I think Mensah can become a very good centre back but a right back he really isnt for me.
:lol: I think you mean Aaron Wan Bissaka

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Eriksen joins the list as possible Modric replacement
Would be a brilliant buy. He excelled more in advanced roles so far (number 10 or on either flank), but he can also play a deeper role and adjust without a problem like De Bruyne did imo, especially since you would have midfield base in Casemiro, Kroos, etc who would allow him to settle down until he is ready to take over from Modric.

Now, that I think maybe the best option as a replacement. Won't be cheap, though.

lysglimt

Scout
Would be a brilliant buy. He excelled more in advanced roles so far (number 10 or on either flank), but he can also play a deeper role and adjust without a problem like De Bruyne did imo, especially since you would have midfield base in Casemiro, Kroos, etc who would allow him to settle down until he is ready to take over from Modric.

Now, that I think maybe the best option as a replacement. Won't be cheap, though.
Tottenham really can't afford to sell him. They are closer than ever to having a team capable of winning the league - they are still 3-4 players short, but if they lose Eriksen.....nah. First they lose their best player - and then they are sending a pretty strong signal to Kane and Alli. Tottenham need to hold onto Eriksen

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Tottenham really can't afford to sell him. They are closer than ever to having a team capable of winning the league - they are still 3-4 players short, but if they lose Eriksen.....nah. First they lose their best player - and then they are sending a pretty strong signal to Kane and Alli. Tottenham need to hold onto Eriksen
He's got two years left on his contract. If Eriksen wants out and refuses to sign a new contract (unlikely) then they won't have much option. Kane and Alli have four years left on their contract so there isn't as much of an issue if they reinvest the £120M+ wisely.

Infra-red

I've always heard that he liked life in England a lot. It could be that he decides to look for another challenge now that he has won everything, and with more reason if he gets a super contract.
I guess that the club doesn't want to lose him, but right now Florentino has the socios at his feet. He could decide almost anything and people would end up accepting it.
Personally I hope he does not leave. I think the club deserves to give certain players a farewell as Iniesta, that is, knowing in advance that he will leave, with time to dedicate tributes
United were informed by Real earlier in the season that Modric, Kroos and Bale were all likely to be available this summer (particularly if we were prepared to give up De Gea, Pogba or Martial in return).

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ansfer-news/man-utd-real-madrid-news-14489587

Jim Beam

Pretty much what @Damien pointed out, contract expires in 2020, so he is probably the most logical one to go after in that Spurs team.

United_We_Stand

AS: PSG would be willing to offer Ronaldo net annual wages of €45m – equalling Lionel Messi.
However, PSG are reportedly not willing to offer more than €150m – while Ronaldo’s release clause stands at an eye-watering €1000m – and the club are also wary of meeting UEFA’s Financial Fair Play demands.
Goncalo Guedes, Edinson Cavani and Angel Di Maria are all expected to be sold by the Parisians but it would not be enough to land such a deal.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
AS: PSG would be willing to offer Ronaldo net annual wages of €45m – equalling Lionel Messi.
However, PSG are reportedly not willing to offer more than €150m – while Ronaldo’s release clause stands at an eye-watering €1000m – and the club are also wary of meeting UEFA’s Financial Fair Play demands.
Goncalo Guedes, Edinson Cavani and Angel Di Maria are all expected to be sold by the Parisians but it would not be enough to land such a deal.
Imagine printing that knowing PSG are in trouble with FFP

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

You have convinced me haha. It seems that everyone says good things about him, and if he has only two years of contract ...
However It appears one day after the cover of Sport saying the same about Barsa.
I guess that they are adding names before the World Cup.
United were informed by Real earlier in the season that Modric, Kroos and Bale were all likely to be available this summer (particularly if we were prepared to give up De Gea, Pogba or Martial in return).

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ansfer-news/man-utd-real-madrid-news-14489587
Of the three, and despite his current good condition, I would sell Bale. Without World Cup to show off the option of Martial seems discarded. I would like Rashford more, although honestly I am not in love with any United player.
are you going to sign more midfielders besides Fred?

flappyjay

Not just Juventuz. We've had a few Juve fans from a different forum joining here over the past day or so.
They signed Can on a free, those are the deals they are capable of. They should stay on their lane

GM K

Pogba, Martial - Yes , but De Gea - No

The can take Smalling to be successor of Ramos
I have this weird notion that now is the time to avoid Madrid if you are thinking about winning the CL soon. Golden eras don't last forever and I suspect Ronaldo's departure (and that of Iniesta) from Spain will mark the end of a golden era. Even Lionel Messi will miss his arch rival and who knows how much that will affect him. I see an EPL team winning the CL next season. One already came very close this season with a relatively weak squad just three years after the emergence of the 'big six' and their super star managers. If not, then maybe PSG or Bayern.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
If we let both Lewa and Boateng leave, while we still haven't managed to replace Robben and Ribery convincingly, our path back to international mediocrity is set.

Infra-red

Of the three, and despite his current good condition, I would sell Bale. Without World Cup to show off the option of Martial seems discarded. I would like Rashford more, although honestly I am not in love with any United player.
are you going to sign more midfielders besides Fred?
I agree and think that Bale probably is the most likely to leave of the three. Having said that, if Ronaldo moves to PSG, that does perhaps remove one of the biggest impediments (along with his injury record) to Bale becoming a talisman for Madrid.

I think we'll look to bring in one more midfielder, yes. Personally, I'd like that to be a 'passer' to complement the 'runners' we'll have in Pogba and Fred. I think Neves would be a good option.

Jim Beam

You have convinced me haha. It seems that everyone says good things about him, and if he has only two years of contract ...
However It appears one day after the cover of Sport saying the same about Barsa.
I guess that they are adding names before the World Cup.
Yeah, it will be a crazy window and all kinds of names thrown around with the WC. Since only last night all of Lewandowski, Icardi and Higuain will change clubs, so would take everything with doubt.

Anyway, really great player. One of the main reasons to watch Denmark.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
this is the real issue with Karius having a stinker on the biggest stage. Any approach for a keeper by Liverpool will be met with - we know how much you want it, pay top whack.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
If we let both Lewa and Boateng leave, while we still haven't managed to replace Robben and Ribery convincingly, our path back to international mediocrity is set.
It's not like Lewandowski and Boateng have carried us on the international stage in the last few years. In Boateng's case it's obviously due to injuries but let's need to pretend that too much would suddenly change without them and if we are good at anything it's getting competent strikers.

izec

A lot of movement in the transfer market this summer it seems. We should be monitoring some players. Forget Boateng or Lewandowski or Higuain, we should be all over Pjanic if he moves. I can see Juve selling some players to do some rebuilding. Icardi is also someone i would expect Jose to like very much. (I doubt he will leave this sunmer, but you never know with some clubs/players)

Status
Not open for further replies.