Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPace

It absolutely is.

We've spent hundreds of millions since then, they've all flopped and we're now trying to sell and we've gone through 2 other mangers with good pedigree in the game that have failed with us. Not to mention the players out of contact that we'd probably planned on keeping.

This is by far the worst position we've been in since Fergie left.
I think we're slightly better off.

In 2014 when Moyes got fired, we seemed in a good position for central attacking players (Rooney 29, RVP 30, Mata 25 and Kagawa 25), Zaha and Janujaz seemed likely to yield at least one very good winger, Rafael (23), Smalling (24) and Jones (22) looked like promising defenders, we badly needed central midfielders and a left back, but we had the very promising De Gea in net.

So we probably would have looked at that and said we needed 5 first team signings (2 CMs, a winger, a left back and a CB), which is about what we need now (2 CMs, a right winger, a right back and a CB).

But whereas Lindelof and Shaw are probably as promising options as our defenders were then, Martial and Rashford are at ages to improve, not decline like our strikers and we do have Pogba.

So I'd say slightly better off now, but it's like finishing 5th instead of 6th, it doesn't tell you much or move the needle really.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think I would take 100 million for Rashford especially if he's demanding 300k or whatever. Also think Pogba is a goner bit if we can replace him with Eriksen, I don't think it will be all that bad
Gone from 200k to 300k now.

The amount of supporters, which in itself seems a strange word to describe the folk on the caf at the moment, ready to give up on Rashford at 21 is shocking. He is literally on of the best young forwards in world football. When Barcelona wants to sign a 21 year old from you for £100m, that’s not a player a club in our position should be keen to discard.

Sanche7

Gone from 200k to 300k now.

The amount of supporters, which in itself seems a strange word to describe the folk on the caf at the moment, ready to give up on Rashford at 21 is shocking. He is literally on of the best young forwards in world football. When Barcelona wants to sign a 21 year old from you for £100m, that’s not a player a club in our position should be keen to discard.
See, I love Rashford, he’s everything our club stands for,Manc born and bred, boyhood United fan, academy product, he’s United through and through, or at leat that’s what I thought. I’m utterly disappointed if these reports of him wanting 200 k or whatever is true. He hasn’t signed a new contract and is looking to utilise the club’s desperation to get a bigger contract. We don’t need more chaos, we already have a lot to figure out. In such a scenario, I expected Rashford to show a bit more maturity. I expected him to sign a contract long back because if he’s a true fan, he should know better than to hold the club to ransom and ask for ridiculous wages despite having achieved nothing. He should know that if he stays and improves, he’ll be the future United captain and even a legend, he’ll have more money than he can imagine. I don’t doubt his talent, but now I do doubt his mentality, his passion. No matter who you are, you don’t get to hold my club to ransom. The same applies to all the other superstars we have, if the reason you are staying is money, then please don’t.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Stop blindly believing every single bit of negative news.
This a thousand times. How many times have we seen a rubbish negative article with a snarky 'we don't have a clue' 'Why are we wasting money on them'.

Get a grip.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Why? He barely plays, and has been brutal for us. Would have thought he'd want to kick start his career elsewhere. Must be looking at a big pay cut to leave I assume.

Never going to happen. Like when we were both in for Modric. Levy will never sell to United. Never. He would be a dream signing though.

I hope he stays, no way should he be leaving before Jones and Smalling.
While I do not particularly rate either Smalling or Jones, both have been much better than Bailly for pretty much his entire three years here, barring a three month window where he looked decent. He has been absolutely abject whenever he has played in the last two seasons.

Sell both Pogba and Rashford.
Stupid post.

SATA

Eriksen will have to try very hard to push for it himself if he wants a move here. I believe Levy will grant and respect his wish but of course he'll milk the hell out of us first. I don't think Eriksen is interested to come here though, especially if we don't have CL football

Wolvereen

See, I love Rashford, he’s everything our club stands for,Manc born and bred, boyhood United fan, academy product, he’s United through and through, or at leat that’s what I thought. I’m utterly disappointed if these reports of him wanting 200 k or whatever is true. He hasn’t signed a new contract and is looking to utilise the club’s desperation to get a bigger contract. We don’t need more chaos, we already have a lot to figure out. In such a scenario, I expected Rashford to show a bit more maturity. I expected him to sign a contract long back because if he’s a true fan, he should know better than to hold the club to ransom and ask for ridiculous wages despite having achieved nothing. He should know that if he stays and improves, he’ll be the future United captain and even a legend, he’ll have more money than he can imagine. I don’t doubt his talent, but now I do doubt his mentality, his passion. No matter who you are, you don’t get to hold my club to ransom. The same applies to all the other superstars we have, if the reason you are staying is money, then please don’t.
What were your opinions on Martial’s contract renewal at 200K per week?

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Thought his mother was no longer his agent?
She still is. There were just talks of them hiring intermediaries to negociate with some clubs because she had already pissed them off too much.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This a thousand times. How many times have we seen a rubbish negative article with a snarky 'we don't have a clue' 'Why are we wasting money on them'.

Get a grip.
The caf has fallen sadly.

WensleyMU

Don't Spurs have a stadium to pay for? Perhaps the occasional sale of a key player will be part of the mantra. No guarantee of course that United would be the destination but perhaps Levy no longer sees us as rival...

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Don't Spurs have a stadium to pay for? Perhaps the occasional sale of a key player will be part of the mantra. No guarantee of course that United would be the destination but perhaps Levy no longer sees us as rival...
We are definitely a rival for the much derided 3rd/4th place trophy.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Isn't Fabrizio reliable? That would be incredible value, probably second best thing to buying De Ligt.
At least on par to signing De Ligt I think. Form aside, probably the top defender in the game, has leadership and experience that we need and still so many years ahead of him too.

Would be my top choice at centre half, and if it is possible, I suspect he would be the club’s too.

In Rainbows

Would rather go for De Ligt than Varane. Varane might be a Di Maria type signing where he already reached the pinnacle of his career, and is going away from Madrid. Maybe he's one of those players who are incredibly motivated.

I mean if it's between Varane or everyone besides de Ligt, of course I would be ecstatic.

red_de_pologne

Would rather go for De Ligt than Varane. Varane might be a Di Maria type signing where he already reached the pinnacle of his career, and is going away from Madrid. Maybe he's one of those players who are incredibly motivated.
Exactly, we want someone who will give his all to achieve his dreams not someone who's already won it all. Wants a new challenge sounds fishy to me.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

I mean if it's between Varane or everyone besides de Ligt, of course I would be ecstatic.
I suppose Juve should have adopted that mentality in the market last summer when they signed...

There would be no similarity at all to Di Maria. If Varane decides he wants to leave Real, who do not want to sell him, and chooses to come to United instead of almost any club in the world he can pick, just take your blessings and don’t complain!

purgethefallen

If course he is concerned about himself but he probably just don't see us challenging for anything important anytime soon, like the most of us. Some of the decisions made by the club in the last few years are truly baffling. We will be in the battle for TOP 4 for the years to come, no good players will want to waste their best years on that.
MAybe he should pull his finger out and actually battle and give a toss.

Kaglish10

I suppose Juve should have adopted that mentality in the market last summer when they signed...

There would be no similarity at all to Di Maria. If Varane decides he wants to leave Real, who do not want to sell him, and chooses to come to United instead of almost any club in the world he can pick, just take your blessings and don’t complain!
That's a bit different, considering we all know how Ronaldo loves chasing the balloon dor award. Ronaldo and Messi will always keep competing with each other regardless of how many trophies they have won. This is a lot different from players who's won all and are just looking for their last big pay. Robben and Sneidjer didn't win anything at Madrid hence the hunger was still there after they left Madrid. Likewise RVP at the time we signed him. We don't want mercenaries in our club. We've had enough of Sanchez, Di Maria, injury prone Bastian and even Matic here.

jesperjaap

I agree he is excellent and the one I prefer of the two, but Ndombele would still be a good addition.
Funny how with no disrespect to the sides as good sides but we could virtually take any fist choice player from certain sides squad in a certain position and they would hugely approve us....midfielders from Lyon, central defenders from Liepzig, wingers from DOrtmund.
Also telling all the players rumoured to be leaving us and hardly any fans are concerned.....hardly the same as SOuthampton and poor old Koeman taking over is it

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That's a bit different, considering we all know how Ronaldo loves chasing the balloon dor award. Ronaldo and Messi will always keep competing with each other regardless of how many trophies they have won. This is a lot different from players who's won all and are just looking for their last big pay. Robben and Sneidjer didn't win anything at Madrid hence the hunger was still there after they left Madrid. Likewise RVP at the time we signed him. We don't want mercenaries in our club. We've had enough of Sanchez, Di Maria, injury prone Bastian and even Matic here.
It is because you, as a Manchester United supporter, do not value your club that you are saying this. Fans want top players, but seem to question the motivation of any top player who would want to play for us. If you think Varane, at 26, is searching for a ‘last big pay day’ then fair enough. It’s this complex our fans have I guess. Any other big club and it makes sense.

I’ve asked the question before. Should any player who leaves Real Madrid only go to China or the USA? Is that the end of their career? Anything outside Real is a purely financial decision?

jesperjaap

Exactly my point as well. He is a "development project" who can turn out good or bad but without investing the minutes, and taking the risk to lose some points, he has not chance to develop. He is in the age where he needs to play matches. If United decide to bring back Tuanzebe, I think Bailly must be sold.
Although over a longer period of time, Bailly and his situation kind of reminds me of Zahas time here. Obviously has ability, looked at first like being a really good signing (Zaha more from pre season performances).

Niggling injuries and lack of chances....but hardly done himself any favours as the few times
Bailly has played towards the end of last season and this, he has had an absolute shocker everytime.

Obviously not happening now but for me Tuanzabe should have been brought back to replace Jones. I still think Bailly could be the best partner to a new cb if we sign what we need being a leader, good ball playing and with great quality and organisational skills, as although Bailly isnt great in the air and is still very rash, he has all the attributes and abilty to be a top centre back....but to be honest, he has had so many niggling injuries and been so poor when he has played, I think rather than patience and a development project.....Id probably sell him and buy a second centre back

jesperjaap

At least on par to signing De Ligt I think. Form aside, probably the top defender in the game, has leadership and experience that we need and still so many years ahead of him too.

Would be my top choice at centre half, and if it is possible, I suspect he would be the club’s too.
Is a very talented and experienced centre back and the perfect age....but interested to see where you see the leadership abilities from as he always seems very quiet on the pitch to me?

DarkRed

I doubt there are any fans that wouldn’t sell Rashford to Barca. I doubt there are any fans that believe the story either.
I would sell Anthony Martial for 100m, Rashford looks like he is constantly improving and adding to his game, Martial just stands there on the left, waiting for something.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Is a very talented and experienced centre back and the perfect age....but interested to see where you see the leadership abilities from as he always seems very quiet on the pitch to me?
He is an inspirational type of player so think. When playing for France, he leads by example. With his profile, at United, other players would look up to him. I don’t necessarily mean Roy Keane’s, I do think we need top players in a certain age bracket who can consistently play to a very high level. That soon brings trust and confidence from the developing players. That’s the kind of leader I see Varane being with us. His CV speaks for itself, as does his professionalism, and our defence needs someone to look up to. In fact, we need a few of them in the team full-stop.

Kaglish10

He is an inspirational type of player so think. When playing for France, he leads by example. With his profile, at United, other players would look up to him. I don’t necessarily mean Roy Keane’s, I do think we need top players in a certain age bracket who can consistently play to a very high level. That soon brings trust and confidence from the developing players. That’s the kind of leader I see Varane being with us. His CV speaks for itself, as does his professionalism, and our defence needs someone to look up to. In fact, we need a few of them in the team full-stop.
Of course I don't just want quality players but also hungry players who's still got the burning desire in them and not mercenaries who don't give a damn as long as their pay check comes in every weekend. We've been burnt several times by lot of mercenaries hence, it's high time we stopped towing the same path. Fergie was never about buying players who's won it all. He would rather go for young talented players or quality players at a small club. It's possibly one of the reason Fergie didn't sign Sneidjer from Inter despite him almost begging us.

Status
Not open for further replies.